Display screen will interpret rain / water as finger touches

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used to take the top off my bare bones YJ in the summer. Got caught in a few thunderstorms that popped up.

First rule, when people look at you like you have a mental disability, act like you meant to drive in the rain with the top off.

Second rule, windshield wipers only work on the outside of the windshield. Make sure you have something to wipe the inside of the window. Socks will work in a pinch, ask me how I know.
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also straight up work outside sometimes, and also take my phone with me in the shower... and when it's misty it definitely struggles with texting inputs. It's never interpreted a drop as a finger touch, but when I *do* try to interact it has no idea how big my finger is or where I'm trying to tap.
See...im not alone.

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, so this is my video. I don't like being on video, so yeah it was difficult to watch and difficult from my side as well. I have had and driven my 1977 Bronco for over 20 years most of the time with the top and doors off. I am aware of what the wind does. I was not aware that the water would cause the screen to go crazy. I don't tend to take my phone out in the rain, and my old bronco aside from not having a touch screen, has the radio in a water proof box. Any questions for me just ask. Oh and in the video were just two of my 5 daughters.

thickbeard

Black Diamond
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if you could just get a stick on screen shield for when you need to go into topless hurricane mode. The jeeps have a tiny screen so it's less of a problem.

Whinney 2112

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of good info here for this topless newbie. LOL!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and I have to ask .. does anyone throw water at their screen to see how it will react?
No, but my boxer bulldog does when he sputters nose juices "harrumphing" or when shaking his head out. My Pioneer double DIN lcd touch screen passes the drool input test with flying colors.
Sponsored