Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, to summarize and collate a bit:

First, of the models, pick Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Badlands, WildTrak, Or First Edition. Then look for features you absolutely want. They may or may not be available in your given model (especially if you wanted a 2.7/7spd :confused: )

If you want 35s, OR lockers F/R, OR Bilstein suspension = Sasquatch

Sasquatch™ Package

17" black-painted aluminum beadlock-capable wheels with 35" LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain tires, electronic-locking front and rear axles, 4.7 Final Drive Ratio, high-clearance suspension, position-sensitive Bilstein™ shock absorbers, and high-clearance fender flares
If you want a Heated steering wheel OR Homelink OR Wireless Charge Pad or Voice Navigation = Lux Package

Lux Package

High Package
content, plus: Adaptive Cruise Control; B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer; Evasive Steering Assist; heated steering wheel; universal garage door opener; 2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System; and wireless charging pad
If you want the 360° Camera OR 12" Center Screen OR LED Side Lights OR Forward Sensing = High Package

Mid Package content, plus: 12" center stack touchscreen; 360-Degree Camera; additional sound deadening materials; Forward Sensing System; and sideview mirror LED approach lamps and spotlight
Mid Package contains too much to list like that:

Mid Package: 2-Door Intelligent Access with lock/unlock; 110V/150W AC power outlet; ambient footwell lighting; auto-dimming rearview mirror; dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; heated front seats; illuminated visor mirrors; Remote Start System (automatic transmission only); Reverse Sensing System; subscription Navigation with 3-month trial; SYNC 4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition; and Ford Co-Pilot360™: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines
Standard Package: LED headlamps; black door handles, mirror caps, fender flares and fender tie-down hooks; manual air-conditioning; and push button start

Taken from the comparison PDF:
Ford Bronco Distilling info screenshot-www.ford.com-2020.07.13-16_30_34

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best I can tell the Badlands with a Mid Package and the Sasquatch Package seems to put together the most capable off road. I'm really disappointed in these power train options though. No 2.7 with a manual?!?!? WTF?

rubikiller

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
lol i should be doing cartwheels! but ease of roof removal is my biggest need/want
I’m with you. Dying to see the roof and doors come off. Biggest frustration when I had a 4 door hard top Jeep was what a pain in the a$$ it was.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best I can tell the Badlands with a Mid Package and the Sasquatch Package seems to put together the most capable off road. I'm really disappointed in these power train options though. No 2.7 with a manual?!?!? WTF?
I’m liking the badlands with the mid package as well. But I want the 360 camera as well. Especially since it looks like I’ll need to fold both mirrors to get into my garage. ?

Sponsored

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m liking the badlands with the mid package as well. But I want the 360 camera as well. Especially since it looks like I’ll need to fold both mirrors to get into my garage. ?
Go get your measuring tape....

Exterior
Exterior Dimensions (Projected)2-Door4-Door
Drive system4x44x4
Wheelbase (in.)100116
Length (in.)173.7189.5 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle height 78.9 (w/ Sasquatch Package)78.7 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle width with mirrors (in.)86.6 (w/ Sasquatch Package)86.6 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle width without mirrors (in.)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle width with mirrors folded (in.)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Track, front (in.)TBD TBD
Track, rear (in.)TBDTBD

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go get your measuring tape....

Exterior
Exterior Dimensions (Projected)2-Door4-Door
Drive system4x44x4
Wheelbase (in.)100116
Length (in.)173.7189.5 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle height78.9 (w/ Sasquatch Package)78.7 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle width with mirrors (in.)86.6 (w/ Sasquatch Package)86.6 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle width without mirrors (in.)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Vehicle width with mirrors folded (in.)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)79.3 (w/ Sasquatch Package)
Track, front (in.)TBDTBD
Track, rear (in.)TBDTBD
As long as the vehicle width is at the fender flares, I’ll have like 2 inches to spare. Lol

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as the vehicle width is at the fender flares, I’ll have like 2 inches to spare. Lol
I have a feeling that part of the 360° camera has camera's in the bottom of the mirrors to get the views around it. I don't know much about them. Just a hunch.

OP
OP
Chrome_Pony

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling that part of the 360° camera has camera's in the bottom of the mirrors to get the views around it. I don't know much about them. Just a hunch.
GM's Intellihaul system works like that so that is a solid hypothesis.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m with you. Dying to see the roof and doors come off. Biggest frustration when I had a 4 door hard top Jeep was what a pain in the a$$ it was.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1128852_how-to-remove-the-ford-broncos-doors-roof

This article has a good breakdown of the roof and door removal....

Door removal

Want onlooking drivers to see your cool board shorts while driving the 2021 Ford Bronco? Take off the doors. Begin by opening the windows of the doors to be removed, then fold the mirrors forward to keep them out of the way. Open each door then open the wire connector door on the jamb to release the wire connector. Place the optional door storage bags on the doors. Remove the lower hinge bolt then the upper hinge bolt with the included M10 hex tool (from the Bronco’s tool kit). Lift each door vertically and remove. The Bronco is now doorless, and the doors of the four-door model can be stowed in the cargo area.

Roof removal

With the release of the Bronco, buyers now have another convertible SUV to join the Jeep Wrangler. To go topless, begin by removing the driver’s side front panel (it sits on top of the passenger side panel’s rubber gasket) by unlatching the flip latch at the outboard side of the front header. Twist the three remaining latches a quarter turn and lift off the panel.

Next, remove the passenger side front panel by releasing the flip latch at the outboard side of the front header, then turning the remaining latches a quarter turn, and lifting off the panel.

To remove the mid panel, unlatch the flip latch on both sides of the vehicle before giving the three rotating latches a quarter turn each. Lift off the panel.

Finally, remove the rear panel cap by first disconnecting the electrical and washer hose connectors, which are located on the inside the swing gate on the driver’s side. Next, remove the fastener at the top center of the roof using the included TP30 and socket wrench. Last, remove the eight fasteners along the beltline using the TP50 driver and socket wrench and lift off the rear panel. The Bronco is now completely roofless and doorless.
That's usually where Ford puts the 360 cameras.
Sponsored