mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't seen this question yet but maybe I missed it. It appears that on the mirror arms an accessory can be mounted. I was thinking of putting ditch lights there. Does anyone else hope they included a wire run under that cover? Also it would be nice if someone came out with a light that has a base/mount that simulates the cover so there isn't just an opening there. What are your guys thoughts?
Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the High package has this already, puddle lamps and spotlights. Maybe this is a different question entirely but I wonder if it’s possible to swap the High package mirror and light assembly onto a lower trim, or if the wiring simply won’t allow it.

OP
OP
Mdemieville

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Puddle lamps go under the mirror to illuminate the ground at night for when you are walking up to the truck. My lincoln has them and they are nice. Not sure about the spotlamps you referenced

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the light mount would go on top, using the included bolts. Wire would run into the hood right next to where the mirror... thing is.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the High package has this already, puddle lamps and spotlights. Maybe this is a different question entirely but I wonder if it’s possible to swap the High package mirror and light assembly onto a lower trim, or if the wiring simply won’t allow it.
These lamps should be like on the F150. They’re not quite big/bright enough to light up the ditch on back roads at night. They’re nice for camping, loading up gear or doing some light work at night.

Ditch lights like OP is talking about are usually some high powered LEDs pointed towards the ditch to keep you out of it, or to avoid hitting critters.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These lamps should be like on the F150. They’re not quite big/bright enough to light up the ditch on back roads at night. They’re nice for camping, loading up gear or doing some light work at night.

Ditch lights like OP is talking about are usually some high powered LEDs pointed towards the ditch to keep you out of it, or to avoid hitting critters.
They also shut off and cannot be used above like, 6 mph.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like these?

Ford Bronco Ditch lights new

Last edited:

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are mounted under the hood hinge via a bracket. On the Liberty, there is a grommet in the fire wall that let me push the wires through, and install a switch inside.

Took a little field engineering to make sure the hood doesn't hit them when it closes or opens, but that location has worked out well.

OP
OP
Mdemieville

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are mounted under the hood hinge via a bracket. On the Liberty, there is a grommet in the fire wall that let me push the wires through, and install a switch inside.

Took a little field engineering to make sure the hood doesn't hit them when it closes or opens, but that location has worked out well.
The bronco has a spot on the mirror arm for them. Which i think will work out well, as long as there is a base for the lights that will fill the void

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mdemieville

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What void?
When you remove the cover on the mirror arm and install a bracket for the light it looks like due to the shape of the cover the brackets will leave an area that is unfinished and would look funny in my opinion. Ill see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about

OP
OP
Mdemieville

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

having a hard time finding a pic but I know I saw it in one of the videos when they are talking about the bronco bolts that when removed make way for accessories

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's probably a wire there if you choose the upfitter switch option.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you remove the cover on the mirror arm and install a bracket for the light it looks like due to the shape of the cover the brackets will leave an area that is unfinished and would look funny in my opinion. Ill see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about
Ford Bronco Ditch lights build
Sponsored