Sponsored

Ditch the towing package for now and get one from Ford or aftermarket later to avoid any delays?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was told besides the hitch and the wiring there is a computer adjustment to the engine and a bigger radiator. Can anyone confirm this?
Those are not correct. Who told you that?
Sponsored

bronco49

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln Continental
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those are not correct. Who told you that?
The dealer told me when I called to remove the towing package from my order. How do you know it's not true? I can't find anything to verify this either way.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The towing package includes a hitch and 7 pin wiring.

It does not include a brake controller, different radiator, different oil cooler, different transmission cooler, or different alternator.

Basically besides the hitch and the seven pin wiring there's no difference.

The exception to this, may be the trailer sway control. But I believe there are people looking into a Forscan fix for this to turn it back on. I also thought I read that if you hook up an aftermarket seven pin, to the correct factory wire harness (where Fords seven pin would have been) that some of those features may work automatically...not sure on that.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The dealer told me when I called to remove the towing package from my order. How do you know it's not true? I can't find anything to verify this either way.
It's been verified by Ford sources many times, not that simply saying that is any help. What kind of documentation would you like in order to be satisfied?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reason you can't find anything about it is because it doesn't exist. Your dealer is wrong.
Sponsored