Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s a couple of pics from this morning in the sunlight. I really love the way these turned out!
Got my satin silver ones getting delivered today (A51 OBX), but man the satin black looks real nice....
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s a couple of pics from this morning in the sunlight. I really love the way these turned out!

7BE7709E-6CE6-46A8-B705-A04B39E6D24B.jpeg
147F6CDF-3529-4727-B2B3-84BB15DE6526.jpeg
Looking amazing!

OP
OP
Rickperry

Rickperry

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bdusa.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 SAS Badlands / 2022 BaseSAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$85 for painted plastic seems a little steep, you can get silver or black metal badges for $24.95/ea :rolleyes:
It’s a discussion forum…you move on if you don’t want to read discussion. The price is high for what it is. That’s reasonable to discuss…I still may buy it, but its steep.
I understand there may be some initial sticker shock, but as an enthusiast who originally wanted to just do this for myself, allow me to share my perspective and map out what I had planned.

I priced out from multiple sources and prices. $25/badge quickly adds up to a total of at least $60 with shipping once you are at check out. Other sites popular sites go up to $75 at check out. $60 was the price floor for new badges for me, so I think it is more than fair to use this as an assumption price. (If you found it lower, fine. It's the same premise for explanation sake.)
Adhesive tape is roughly $10-15 for a roll on amazon. If you already have it, ignore.

To do this yourself, you would have to cut and grind flat the metal pins attached on the rear of the badge. Another challenge with these badges are that they hollow in the back. So you would either have to fill it or carefully apply the adhesive tape to get reliable adhesion. For those of you who have rebadged rather complicated emblems, you know stenciling adhesive tape for this kind of badge is very time consuming. Even for a shop professional. I feel 2 hours of labor and prep work is a fair estimate for most people. Car novices would take even longer.
Even at the lowest project cost of $60, is the $15/hr in savings worth it?

A smarter marketing decision would have been to follow the structure of other companies (price per badge, plus large shipping cost). But I found that to be deceptive. I preferred to make the pricing as up front as possible, no additional bs at check out. $85+5 shipping (+tax if you are in Texas).

As for the badges being ABS, this was a design choice with several benefits over metal. Many believe a metal badge equates to higher quality because of the feeling in hand or perceived material cost. But in reality, it makes no aesthetic or functional difference for this application. The badge is not in your hands, it is on your Bronco. Rigid metal badges tend to have bends and warps which affect how the badge will lay flat on your bronco. Flexible ABS allows the badge to flow with the fenders curves. Another disadvantage of metal is that it can act as a damage multiplier. If, for whatever reason, the badge were to be struck or fly off, a metal badge will inherently cause more damage than the flexible ABS. I know this is an unlikely scenario, but it is something to consider when designing something meant to go on people's baby.

As many have stated in this thread, they are very happy with the quality of their badges and I hope to hear more (hopefully positive) impressions and reviews. I am proud to have delivered a quality product into their hands in a timely manner.

Thank you all for support and criticisms. I take none personally and only want to improve to serve the bronco community as best as I can. ❤

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$85 for painted plastic seems a little steep, you can get silver or black metal badges for $24.95/ea :rolleyes:
The ones you have to drill the fenders for? I'll gladly skip that headache and possible screw up.

@Rickperry love my badges, and the super fast shipping was great! Any plans to do the bucking Bronco on the rear tailgate?

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Rickperry thank you for your clear explanation. I’m not a maker so I don’t have the insight to cost of production and installation challenges. I’m just a consumer who likes to second guess items for sale. :LOL:
i will probably order some from you in December once I have a delivery date for my FE.
Rg

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you much. Can’t wait for Mae Pearl to arrive. I believe I’m putting the gold on her rear! Booty bling! 🤠
Not decided yet be with the blue oval or the horse side yet. Shall see when she arrives. Thanks again. Super fast shipping. You rock! 🤘🏻

3EFDDD78-4772-41DA-89D3-9EF58A42E3B6.jpeg

DB874D9B-DD75-4304-A8DB-9BF3D7ED85F3.jpeg

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received mine and I’m excited to wait 12 months to put it on an actual vehicle! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Seriously, really happy with the quality and thanks for doing this project for us all.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my badges today too, matte black and chrome. Thanks for the fast shipping and great quality.

At first I was put back by the ABS because I have old EBs with original heavier metal badges on them. Then I quickly realized that these are much lighter and they look great. They will form fit the curves much better without scratching the paint too :) Thanks again.

VTNOLE2

Wildtrak
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a black badlands in transit. Having a hard time deciding the chrome or stain silver. Which would match the rear bronco better? VS the carbonized grey grille. I am going to get a matter black regardless too. Thanks.

SeaSkrBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 mustang gt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Matte Black ordered can't wait but as the bronco is showing me I can wait even longer 😒.
Thanks for making these!

Sponsored

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got mine today... Perfect! Now I need to change the rest to matte black… Thank you!

Ford Bronco Adhesive backed Heritage Bronco Fender Badges by BroncoDepotUSA [NO LONGER AVAILABLE] 6C97131F-6DE1-4470-A7F8-1890687C1A7A

BC8E0D1A-1A89-448A-8275-DB8D5A2B4D38.jpeg

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got mine today, gloss black, very nicely done.

I was struck by how much larger they are than I was expecting

BravoZulu

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Received my gloss black badges. Should go great with my Wildtrak if and when it every decides to grace my garage. Thank you for doing these. They are amazing!!!

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.