Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here are some pictures and some thoughts on the Broncos on display here in Moab at Dixie Expo:

A couple pictures of the hydraulic sway bar disconnect. Some don't think it makes much difference, but when you are off-road, you want all the wheel travel you can get. I didn't get out to see the difference during my ride-along, but 6 inches would be a good guess on the rock we were testing it on. Even when the tire is hanging 6" off the ground, that is better than 12"!

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7468.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7483.JPG

The 4WP Bronco had some pretty cool features. This front winch bumper is the best one I have seen to date. The winch is up and out of the way, it is tucked up close to the body and adds a number of LED lights into the unit. They integrated their own skid plate which looks nice together. I build my own bumpers, cages and such, but this is nice enough to make me think about spending the money on it.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7434.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7401.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7432.JPG

The 4WP light mounts are pretty nice as well. I don't like square light bars and will be doing something like the 8 round LEDs above the window as well.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7436.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7441.JPG

They also have their own tailgate table, hopefully this will come in black....

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7425.JPG

This is the style strip I will be adding to my Bronco. If I had a Badlands, that would be awesome added into it. "First Edition" just doesn't sound mean enough.....

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7423.JPG

I am not a fan of the flare delete plates, but they certainly have their use. The rocker protection is nice, but sticks out too far in my opinion. These were mounted to the frame instead of the body.

The 4WD rear bumper was pretty nice as well. Incorporates the sensors in the bumper

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7443.JPG

I am excited to see what the aftermarket provides for the dash rails. I did see the FE on my ride-along had 1 high speed and standard usb port up on the dash. First time I had seen that... I didn't see those ports on this Black Diamond model. The rail only has 1 screw mounting point and a couple of pads to rest the outer portions on. For those with cameras and phones loading this rail up, that might be a problem. Might be seeing some creative glue use on these in the future...

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7428.JPG

Rear license plate holder and lamp assembly.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7426.JPG

The 37" tire had a custom bracket that raised the high mounted stop lamp (3rd brake light) to provide an unobstructed view. This is also a good view of their roof rack for soft tops. The roof top tent is huge. I would have like to see it opened up fully.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7422.JPG

You can see the rear crash bar has been modified for clearance for the 37" tires. Easy enough to do, while leaving some portion of the safety system installed. The front bar was removed and the mount left complete. I would have removed it to clean up the appearance, but that could not be easily undone.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7430.JPG

There was not nearly as much done to this one, but it had some cool features as well. I like the bigger LED lights on top. Who cares if they whistle when at highway speeds! This was a custom grille as well with some additional light accents. I never saw them lit up.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7444.JPG

I liked the rocker guards on this one. Not nearly as aggressive, but protect the doors and ramp outwards at the back in case you come up against a rock.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7447.JPG

Bumper (and frame) mounted spare tire carrier. Speaking to the driver on my ride-along, who said they hadn't had any failures or cracking carrying their 35s on the suspension torture tests, this may not be needed, but you some of us are going to be going to much larger tires soon...

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7448.JPG

If you are going much wider on tires, then these flares would look pretty good, but on factory tires it was more like WTF?

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7406.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7499.JPG

Here are some other views of the flares on the others, vs offset. The Gray Bronco had the best setup (I like a little tire sticking out).

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7486.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7487.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7490.JPG

This looks like a factory sunscreen. It fit perfect and I will be buying one of these, especially with my black interior. Also a good shot of the simple bracket for running a LED lightbar up top.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7457.JPG

A view of the side, underneath and wheel cameras that come on the higher end models. Don't be a hater.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7453.JPG

Some additional photos...

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7466.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7439.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7452.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7485.JPG

I didn't travel all the way to Moab not to do a little wheeling. This is my Samurai that I usually take out to beat on the harder trails.

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7510.JPG

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7403.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple pictures of the hydraulic sway bar disconnect. Some don't think it makes much difference, but when you are off-road, you want all the wheel travel you can get. I didn't get out to see the difference during my ride-along, but 6 inches would be a good guess on the rock we were testing it on. Even when the tire is hanging 6" off the ground, that is better than 12"!
Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) IMG_7403.JPG
Thanks for the info. Hopefully that sway bar system holds up over the long term. It adds parts and complexity to what is normally a rather simple component. Some Wrangler owners are getting hit in the wallet after warranty with sway bar disconnect issues. As a guy who tends to hang onto vehicles a long time and often buys used, I look at these sort of features as a two edge word.

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that sway bar system holds up over the long term. It adds parts and complexity to what is normally a rather simple component. Some Wrangler owners are getting hit in the wallet after warranty with sway bar disconnect issues. As a guy who tends to hang onto vehicles a long time and often buys used, I look at these sort of features as a two edge word.
It's obviously unproven but Hydraulic is about as strong as it gets. Time will tell of course

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks and congrats

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why would i want to carry all that stuff tied to the swaybar i keep it light and simple

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like that winch completely blocks the camera...

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That little guy is stout!

Ford Bronco Dixie Expo Ford Display - hydraulic sway bar disconnect & Bronco builds highlights (4WP / RTR) 1617559569184

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's obviously unproven but Hydraulic is about as strong as it gets. Time will tell of course
My concern is more about how it will handle years of road salt here in Michigan. Every vehicle I've had more than 10 years I've had to replace brake lines on. If you are in Arizona or something it looks like a very robust system to me relative to the wranglers.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the informative post and great pictures. There are a lot of cool mods now already to go at launch and many more where mentioned in the walk around videos so Iā€™m stoked!

Iā€˜m still a little concerned that we didnā€™t already see an aftermarket front bumper with winch that doesnā€™t obstruct the camera. Iā€™m sure ARB, RTR, and 4WP are all looking at this and none of them were able to come up with an initial solution. Hereā€™s hoping theyā€™re getting close. There will be a fine line that an official Ford aftermarket partner will need to toe when they do so as to not sound condemning to Ford for not initially designing the Badlands steel bumper that way.

Did anyone catch if the ARB onboard twin compressor under the hood was with the 2.3L or the 2.7L? Will it fit with either engine?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for posting. Good information. Glad people are getting to see these and report.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Pictures and commentary. Can't get too much information at this point. Nice Sami.
Sponsored