Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize for the dumb questions, but when would you be under max load? I see under load the CKMA12 could be around 25.9 amps (310.9 watts). I have the Sasquatch pkg and don't plan to upgrade wheels and tires ever.

I like the trunk location for convenience and its less intimidating for the family if they have to fill other things up.
The numbers @4x4TruckLEDs.com gave are under no load, obviously when airing up a tire it'll be under load.
  • CKSA12 is 7.5 amps under load (29 PSI) with a maximum rating of 9 amps at 100 PSI
  • CKMA12 is 25.2 amps under load with a maximum rating of 32 amps at 100 PSI.
  • CKMTA12 is 50.4 amps under load with a maximum rating of 68.6 amps
But @4x4TruckLEDs.com nailed the problem. Ford installed 16 gauge wire in the Bronco. That is WAY to small for a sustained load like an air compressor.

I would be comfortable using the CKSA12 with the 16 gauge wire installed in the Bronco. It should probably be a 14 or even 12 gauge wire for a compressor, but 16 gauge is tolerable.

I would NOT feel comfortable running the CKMA12 with a 16-gauge wire. Would it work? Probably, but it's a terrible idea... for the CKMA12 It really should be 10 or 8 gauge. And if you are going to the rear of the vehicle I would argue that you should probably be looking at 6 gauge wire for added safety.
Sponsored

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The numbers @4x4TruckLEDs.com gave are under no load, obviously when airing up a tire it'll be under load.
  • CKSA12 is 7.5 amps under load (29 PSI) with a maximum rating of 9 amps at 100 PSI
  • CKMA12 is 25.2 amps under load with a maximum rating of 32 amps at 100 PSI.
  • CKMTA is 50.4 amps under load with a maximum rating of 68.6 amps
But @4x4TruckLEDs.com nailed the problem. Ford install 16 gauge wire in the Bronco. That is WAY to small for a sustained load like an air compressor.

I would be comfortable using the CKSA12 with the 16 gauge wire installed in the Bronco. It should probably be a 14 or even 12 gauge wire for a compressor, but 16 gauge is tolerable.

I would NOT feel comfortable running the CKMA12 with a 16-gauge wire. Would it work? Probably, but it's a terrible idea... for the CKMA12 It really should be 10 or 8 gauge. And if you are going to the rear of the vehicle I would argue that you should probably be looking at 6 gauge wire for added safety.
Your part #'s are not correct. No CKMTA (you meant CKMTA12)

CKSA12 is for air lockers. That's something almost nobody installs since it's really just for lockers.

CKMA12 is the "Single" Compressor, rated at 14.2A (no load) / 25.2A (load)
CKMTA12 is the "Twin" Compressor, rated at 28.4A (no load) / 50.4A (load) - Basically it's two singles connected together.

The Single and Twin are the compressors 99.99% of the time people are buying.

Bottom line...you're running a power line to the rear of your truck :)

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KR Off-Road ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount for 2021+ Ford Bronco will be shipping soon? :)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize for the dumb questions, but when would you be under max load? I see under load the CKMA12 could be around 25.9 amps (310.9 watts). I have the Sasquatch pkg and don't plan to upgrade wheels and tires ever.

I like the trunk location for convenience and its less intimidating for the family if they have to fill other things up.
You can put the air outlet in the back, and not have to be under the hood, if that is the issue for your family. I am tossing between mounting the port (using and air line run from the compressor under the hood to the back) either next to the hitch and use one of my. up fitter switches for control, or I may install the ARB remote switch and port inside the Bronco in the back by the gate.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

KR Off-Road ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount for 2021+ Ford Bronco will be shipping soon? :)
We already shipped the very first pre-order today! (On Saturday).

We're going to be working through the week picking/packing them, but they are back in stock (that doesn't mean if you order it TODAY it's going to ship TODAY, we have a LOT of these to ship, not to mention all of the fog light kits we are still working on shipping as well).

But we're chipping away. Our focus was to get the license plate brackets shipped out, and we're just about caught up. Then we can start focusing on getting orders out, in the order they came in. That means ARB kits may not ship first, as we have fog kits that are coming in as well from Baja (finally!)

Ford Bronco DIY - ARB Twin Compressor Install using KR Off-Road Engine Bay Mount Kit

Ford Bronco DIY - ARB Twin Compressor Install using KR Off-Road Engine Bay Mount Brackets1

Ford Bronco DIY - ARB Twin Compressor Install using KR Off-Road Engine Bay Mount Twin1

Ford Bronco DIY - ARB Twin Compressor Install using KR Off-Road Engine Bay Mount Single1

Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Who has installed to an aux switch wire? I have no idea how to do that. There’s 17 wires in this “switch wire” contraption. I’ve got it powered to the battery. Just don’t know how to hook it to the aux wire.
Ford Bronco DIY - ARB Twin Compressor Install using KR Off-Road Engine Bay Mount B6E3BC96-B099-46DA-B3A6-0A5448EFD1C7

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who has installed to an aux switch wire? I have no idea how to do that. There’s 17 wires in this “switch wire” contraption. I’ve got it powered to the battery. Just don’t know how to hook it to the aux wire.
Ford Bronco DIY - ARB Twin Compressor Install using KR Off-Road Engine Bay Mount B6E3BC96-B099-46DA-B3A6-0A5448EFD1C7
Do you have upfitters? If so just follow the instructions in our manual. All you need to worry about is that PURPLE wire on the 2nd harness. You'll cut the spade terminal off and connect that to your upfitter

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you have upfitters? If so just follow the instructions in our manual. All you need to worry about is that PURPLE wire on the 2nd harness. You'll cut the spade terminal off and connect that to your upfitter
Oh yeah! Instructions! Thanks… I’ll hook up the purple wire. :)

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's pretty easy, since you don't need the ARB switch. You just connect one of your upfitter wires to the trigger wire on the ARB harness. DONE.
I just received my bracket and twin compressor from you guys, how is it wired to the Aux switches?

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received my bracket and twin compressor from you guys, how is it wired to the Aux switches?
Purple wire from the ARB harness to the Aux switch wire of your choosing. Instructions provided with the bracket do a good job of explaining. Most of the other harnesses/wires are unnecessary unless connecting to air lockers/ARB switch.

Sponsored

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Purple wire from the ARB harness to the Aux switch wire of your choosing. Instructions provided with the bracket do a good job of explaining. Most of the other harnesses/wires are unnecessary unless connecting to air lockers/ARB switch.
Perfect, thanks!!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check the instructions that came with the kit :)

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Check the instructions that came with the kit :)
Got it, connect the purple wire to one of my upfitter switches. Thanks for the quick response on a Friday night!

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got it, connect the purple wire to one of my upfitter switches. Thanks for the quick response on a Friday night!
Sorry Saturday, missing a dat

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be more specific... you just need to connect the up-fitter wire from your Aux switch to the purple wire on the harness that goes to the air compressor. That allows you to control the relay that turns on/off the air compressor from the aux switch rather than the ARB switch.

@BroncoTPA specifically talked about the purple wire in their video because for some reason ARB decided to have red go to purple on the wiring harness connector. But that's the same purple wire that needs to be connected to. If I recall correctly their Outer Banks doesn't have the Aux switch option, so I'm guessing that's why they just used the ARB switch. But the Badlands they ordered will have the switches, so they can just transplant the setup over to the new Bronco when it gets there.

I was planning on doing a video how-to and/or a write-up for the ARB CKMA12 compressor, which is the smaller of the two compressors that can also be bolted into the bracket on the @4x4TruckLEDs.com website, but... need a Bronco first. ;)
Did you ever make a video of this installation? I understand the concept but would love to see it done and follow along.
Sponsored