Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Wouldn't be easier to just take off the wheels?

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
With careful prep work Plastidip can last a long time. I did the wheels on my old GMC Canyon and was shocked that they still looked good five years later, even after tire changes and whatnot that I really expected to ruin the coating. The wheels on my truck were originally chrome so you can see what a change the Plastidip made. Which one you prefer more is up to you... ;o)
2024 Tacoma DIY: blacking out / plasti-dip wheels on 2024 Tacoma 20160806_180917
2024 Tacoma DIY: blacking out / plasti-dip wheels on 2024 Tacoma 20210412_171018

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I'm waiting on a limited. Was seriously considering TRD wheels but thinking I might go this route for all the chrome.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
Same here.

I dont mind a bit of chrome but ... those wheels 🤮

Have not seen them in person yet so - who knows, maybe I'll like it.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Wouldn't be easier to just take off the wheels?
Or at least take them off the truck so you can properly wash them, take centers out and don’t have to put bags on the brakes. Seems like a really really odd labour intensive process given how easy it is to just take them off the truck.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Or at least take them off the truck so you can properly wash them, take centers out and don’t have to put bags on the brakes. Seems like a really really odd labour intensive process given how easy it is to just take them off the truck.
True, and the kits are setup for just that purpose. I guess I'm just old school.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Same here.

I dont mind a bit of chrome but ... those wheels 🤮

Have not seen them in person yet so - who knows, maybe I'll like it.
Yes, but it looks pretty good in Wind Chill (Fancy White). On darker colors where the chrome contrasts highly, it stands out. But on that light colors the chrome is muted.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
True, and the kits are setup for just that purpose. I guess I'm just old school.
I’ve also seen wedging playing cards between the rim and the tire so no overspray gets on the tire. Guess I’m old school too 😂

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I'm really considering the vinyl black out for the OR wheels or trying out some bronze hyperdip. I need to see my bronze oxide in person before deciding haha.

vinyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma Sport Premium, '22 Supra Premium
The Sport wheels are pretty horrendous. My first day with my truck, I made a template of the chrome area and threw it into my vinyl cutting software and created gloss black vinyl overlays. In my opinion, way easier than plasti dip (WAY easier to remove down the line) and still has the glossy look as the rest of the wheel. Super happy with the outcome, time will tell on the longevity.

2024 Tacoma DIY: blacking out / plasti-dip wheels on 2024 Tacoma IMG_3762 copy
2024 Tacoma DIY: blacking out / plasti-dip wheels on 2024 Tacoma IMG_3772
2024 Tacoma DIY: blacking out / plasti-dip wheels on 2024 Tacoma IMG_3769
2024 Tacoma DIY: blacking out / plasti-dip wheels on 2024 Tacoma IMG_3771

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
The Sport wheels are pretty horrendous. My first day with my truck, I made a template of the chrome area and threw it into my vinyl cutting software and created gloss black vinyl overlays. In my opinion, way easier than plasti dip (WAY easier to remove down the line) and still has the glossy look as the rest of the wheel. Super happy with the outcome, time will tell on the longevity.

IMG_3762 copy.jpg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
I see a side gig....
When you figure out the Limited wheels, contact me.

Reactions: Ron

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide

IMG_3762 copy.jpg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
That looks fantastic! What did you clean the wheels with to prep them? How about marketing them?

vinyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma Sport Premium, '22 Supra Premium
That looks fantastic! What did you clean the wheels with to prep them? How about marketing them?
Isopropyl alcohol does the trick! I have them listed for sale on my website, not sure the rules around advertising here but if anyone is interested feel free to PM me.
Sponsored