First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty simple stuff here but thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for ideas or maybe if their particular stuff might fit or not. For reference I use an ARB 37qt fridge, the bins are Rubbermaid 8-gallon Action Packers, the toolbox is an old Craftsman that is roughly 17" x 9" x 9", and the table is a 24" x 48" folding unit from Home Depot:

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0354.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0355.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0357.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0361.JPG

The main base is anchored to the floor via the bolt holes from the original tie-down points, and the toolbox and Action Packer get secured with folding eye loops that are bolted through the shelf and then use a combination of straps and threaded turnbuckles to cinch in place. Used a similar setup in our Wrangler for years, always held firm and was very useful. Paint is still drying on the lumber and the brackets that hold the cargo basket, I'll try to snap a picture of the "finished" product this evening.
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks pretty good! Thanks for sharing

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty simple stuff here but thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for ideas or maybe if their particular stuff might fit or not. For reference I use an ARB 37qt fridge, the bins are Rubbermaid 8-gallon Action Packers, the toolbox is an old Craftsman that is roughly 17" x 9" x 9", and the table is a 24" x 48" folding unit from Home Depot:

The main base is anchored to the floor via the bolt holes from the original tie-down points, and the toolbox and Action Packer get secured with folding eye loops that are bolted through the shelf and then use a combination of straps and threaded turnbuckles to cinch in place. Used a similar setup in our Wrangler for years, always held firm and was very useful. Paint is still drying on the lumber and the brackets that hold the cargo basket, I'll try to snap a picture of the "finished" product this evening.
That worked out well!

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Measurements of the base wood would be great. I like your design....simple but effective!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks guys.

Base piece is 42" wide x 29" deep, with a couple of very small relief cuts in the forward corners to clear the plastic side panels.

Appreciate the input but carpet is a no-go, I want to avoid anything that catches/holds spills or dog hair. I've had some pretty unfortunate incidents with chainsaw bar oil, shampoo (travelling from sea level to 14,000ft poses some challenges), and our dog sheds like a Yeti... I used Rustoleum rattle can bedliner, worked out great in the Jeep previously.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice.

I'm in the cranial intercourse portion of my design right now. I took out the floor panel, then traced it onto a sheet of ply for my base. Will end up similar to yours but trying to incorporate a fridge slide. Still trying to figure out an elegant way to deal with the jack/etc and not having to tear the whole thing apart to access it.

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still trying to figure out an elegant way to deal with the jack/etc and not having to tear the whole thing apart to access it.
Definitely the downside to these sort of quick and dirty setups... I've taken to carrying a bottle jack with a couple of different spacers and adapters, as well as a breaker bar and appropriate socket for the wheels since the factory one won't fit the aftermarket stuff anyway. Haven't put the aftermarket wheels on the Bronco yet, but that's the direction I'm headed...

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same fridge, a bit different fit in my 2 door, I can only fit it across the rear cargo area with the seats in. I’m going to have to pull my rear seats in the name of cargo space for an upcoming trip.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just slide the fridge out enough to pop the lid, or just take it out completely and have it on the ground or table.

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

.....brackets that hold the cargo basket, I'll try to snap a picture of the "finished" product this evening.

what is that cargo basket? how is it mounted?

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what is that cargo basket? how is it mounted?
The basket is just a $40 hitch carrier from Harbor Freight that I cut down to width and glued back together. I've built at least a dozen of these over the years for various vehicles of my own and for friends that wanted something similar:

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_1905.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_1907.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_1906.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0729.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_1915.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0902.JPG

For mounting in the Bronco I just made some simple brackets that utilize the existing threaded holes in the rear quarter panels that are for the OEM soft top brackets:

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0384.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0386.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY Cargo Organizer IMG_0395.JPG
Sponsored