Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I built my own storage rack for my 2-door, which is especially helpful since they do not store in the rear storage area (unlike the 4-door, if you have the storage bags).

Short version of the build, I used these hooks from Harbor Freight and they worked really well:
https://www.harborfreight.com/l-shape-hang-all-2-pk-68997.html

For full project details, check out this video:

As noted in the video, the one mod I will probably make is the addition of a strap or bungee to hold them firm against the wall. They aren't going to fall off on their own, but they could get knocked off if a pet or child grabbed and pulled it.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Sponsored

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I built my own storage rack for my 2-door, which is especially helpful since they do not store in the rear storage area (unlike the 4-door, if you have the storage bags).

Short version of the build, I used these hooks from Harbor Freight and they worked really well:

As noted in the video, the one mod I will probably make is the addition of a strap or bungee to hold them firm against the wall. They aren't going to fall off on their own, but they could get knocked off if a pet or child grabbed and pulled it.

I would probably throw a foam pad on the wall too.

Good stuff.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would probably throw a foam pad on the wall too.

Good stuff.
Couldn't hurt to do that too. They way they sit now, the plastic door handle is the only part of the door that makes contact with the wall, so less concern about scratching the paint.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I store my jeep doors on my wall by their pins and they use the door latch to secure to the wall and prevent them from swinging open. I haven't checked lately, but would think someone would develop something similar but instead have bolts/pins on the wall hanger bracket.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I store my jeep doors on my wall by their pins and they use the door latch to secure to the wall and prevent them from swinging open. I haven't checked lately, but would think someone would develop something similar but instead have bolts/pins on the wall hanger bracket.
Interesting....I have not seen anything like that yet for Bronco but it could work. For Jeep doors, the easiest way is just to hang them from the window frame! Bronco doors obviously don't have that.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Home depot has those ladder hooks but they have one that has a foam pad on the seat of the hook. Sure It would work but I think making something like the jeep folks use would be alot safer. Could be easily fabricated by anyone with a welder.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For Jeep doors, the easiest way is just to hang them from the window frame! Bronco doors obviously don't have that.
Not really. Hanging them by the window frames (at least on the older TJ/LJ/JK jeeps) creates stress cracks where the frame meets the main door panel body.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Home depot has those ladder hooks but they have one that has a foam pad on the seat of the hook. Sure It would work but I think making something like the jeep folks use would be alot safer. Could be easily fabricated by anyone with a welder.
You've never seen my welds! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would hang a packers blanket on the wall to protect the paint on the door.
Sponsored