First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was already in my plans from the get go, nice job. Why I like the lower trims, black mirrors, black door handles, paint the beauty rings black tint the windows it will look awesome !!.
Besides slight rough up, it a good idea to wipe down with laquer thinner and clean rag to make sure there is no grease or fingerprints on the rings for paint adhesion.

It will look especially great, combined with my black grill on the base model, with the carbonized grey that I I will have to pick now that AMB has been taken away I think my rig will be damn good looking.
I like rattle can vs powder coat for touch ups, mine will not be a mall crawler I expect scratches. on the wheels eventually if not pretty quick
Thanks for posting!
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this at my dealership last week. Front recovery hooks and bash plate was also powder coated in the same blue.

86B507B7-C256-4603-A136-4515B5218B00.jpeg
I was thinking about doing something smiler to this but area 51 for the ring not this bright blue. Still not sure if it would like right. Can Anyone photoshop that?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always thought the black beauty rings on the Wildtrack and FE looked better than the silver that I was forced to buy with the Badlands Sasquatch package. I decided my first project would be to paint them black, despite having no experience with paint and not being particularly handy, because of the following:

* The only beauty rings I've found from Ford accessories were red
* If I really messed it up I could replace them or eventually be able to buy the manufacturer black ones from Ford direct.
* I think matching the trim ring with the wheel color has a more utility less refined look that I dig.
* To us Bronco6g nerds, I will be the only 2021 Badlands Sasquatch Area 51 with black bead lock trim rings for the time being - differences being black ring with a carbonized grey grill, badlands badge, black door handles and matching gloss black wheel color. The Wildtracks have the black grill and color match door handles as far as I can tell?

1. bought scotch brite srubber to scuff up the silver rims: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-Brite-Stainless-Steel-Scrubbing-Pad-3-Pack-214C-CC/202511523

2. Behr black Paint + Primer

3. T45 Torx bit. (unbelievably despite having a variety of torx bit sizes in the Bronco toolkit it doesn't include this size): https://www.autozone.com/screwdrivers/driver-bit/p/duralast-3-8in-drive-t-45-torx-bit/864636_0_0

Here are the before and after. Super happy with the look.

AFTER:
IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg
there are going to be some powder coating fanboys who are going to lose their feces. you did the same job with a $ 10.00 rattle can that they want to pay $ 200.00+. looks good, and i bet you have some extra paint for any touch ups...

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fantastic!!! Looks 100x better. We went from the Wildtrack in Rapid Red to the Badlands in Cactus Gray since they did away with RR for '22. Wanted the rubber floors and all the Hero switches, which includes the staybar disconnect. Will still have it blinged out with Lux, Sas, 3.7. Like the all black wheels much better. Thanks for the info and post.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there are going to be some powder coating fanboys who are going to lose their feces. you did the same job with a $ 10.00 rattle can that they want to pay $ 200.00+. looks good, and i bet you have some extra paint for any touch ups...
Haha yep plenty of paint left and a good thing. I forgot about my spare until I walked outside from my office today and looked up.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha yep plenty of paint left and a good thing. I forgot about my spare until I walked outside from my office today and looked up.
Good for you on tackling this DIY! And I 100% agree, while not as durable as powder coat, the best thing about your paint is you can touch them up over and over again.

Coopertribe

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always thought the black beauty rings on the Wildtrack and FE looked better than the silver that I was forced to buy with the Badlands Sasquatch package. I decided my first project would be to paint them black, despite having no experience with paint and not being particularly handy, because of the following:

* If I really messed it up I could replace them or eventually be able to buy the manufacturer black ones from Ford direct.
* I think matching the trim ring with the wheel color has a more utility less refined look that I dig.
* To us Bronco6g nerds, I will be the only 2021 Badlands Sasquatch Area 51 with black bead lock trim rings for the time being - differences being black ring with a carbonized grey grill, badlands badge, black door handles and matching gloss black wheel color. The Wildtracks have the black grill and color match door handles as far as I can tell?

1. bought scotch brite srubber to scuff up the silver rims: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-Brite-Stainless-Steel-Scrubbing-Pad-3-Pack-214C-CC/202511523

3. T45 Torx bit. (unbelievably despite having a variety of torx bit sizes in the Bronco toolkit it doesn't include this size): https://www.autozone.com/screwdrivers/driver-bit/p/duralast-3-8in-drive-t-45-torx-bit/864636_0_0

AFTER:
IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg
giphy.gif

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll do black or bronze on a cyber orange sasquatch badlands.
Bronze beauty rings, ford oval, bucking bronco, Bronco letters, tow hooks, and script fender bronco lettering would look sick on a shadow black Bronco.

Last edited:

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I agree - I think the carbonized grey would go really nicely with the grill too, was thinking about that as option.

The problem with the silver is that it doesn't compliment any other color on the truck so it really stands out in a way that is a bit flashy for me.
Agreed. I prefer consistency. I love the black Bronco lettering on the base grill. I have thought about painting the background behind the lettering a lighter color, to let the black lettering jump out. With it only being thin strips, I am not sure it would look right, or accomplish the goal. I do think the base does it right with carbonized gray grill, and blacked out letters.

Fifred

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone ever seen the use of a flex seal type spray on wheels for different colors? There are other type paints other than flex seal in color. Spray on and it gives the wheel a rubberized effect. Nice thing about it is if it gets scrapped, you can peel it off and redo it. Or if you want to just change colors.

Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So when I get my cyber orange I'm thinking about getting the rings powder Coated body color. Possibly the tow hooks too. My local place quoted $20 per piece stripped and Coated with in stock powder. If ordered powder it's $20+powder cost. My dilemma is they get powder from prismaticpowders.com and cyber orange doesn't come up. So I would need to choose a color, that is not an easy task.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was thinking about doing something smiler to this but area 51 for the ring not this bright blue. Still not sure if it would like right. Can Anyone photoshop that?
Agreed. That looks tacky as is. If they would have matched area 51 it would have looked better.

Great job OP. Looks great. I like the black color. Now you need black lug nuts to match....

BroncoStorm

Badlands
First Name
Storm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AFTER:
Ford Bronco DIY How-To: Painting Beadlock Wheel Beauty Ring From Silver to Black (on Badlands Sasquatch) giphy

Ford Bronco DIY How-To: Painting Beadlock Wheel Beauty Ring From Silver to Black (on Badlands Sasquatch) giphy

I'm for sure doing this with my BL. Looks amazing!

Msemmes

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AFTER:

I could not agree more. I love the black beauty rings. Looks great

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any problems removing the beauty ring bolts? Someone posted a week or so ago that he broke most of the bolts when removing them and they were expensive to replace. Btw, the black looks way better than silver and plan to do the same. This gives me the confidence to DIY.
Sponsored