Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking great man! Did the pros think powder coat would hold up pretty well?
Yeah the guy that did said it should hold up to light scratches and the such. Unless I really clip a curb or something I think they will last.

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Few shots of the rings

FE62E1A8-9E8B-45EA-AE15-740EFC58DB0C.jpeg

C01C0B85-40FF-42B5-B41F-1DAB28280E93.jpeg

7E430C32-5F31-4061-B6CA-F0CA8E1B7509.jpeg
Looks awesome!! I just called a local shop and they said there's a 2 week turnaround.....

Google suggests I can drive without the beauty ring as it's "purely cosmetic" but looking for any additional input on that. How long did your shop have them, and did you feel comfortable driving without them?

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hereā€™s another one done by a dealer in SoCal
Fascinating - thats the first badlands sas Ive seen with black trim ring. At first I thought might be carbonized grey trim if you choose carbonized grey color but they do look black.

Sponsored

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks awesome!! I just called a local shop and they said there's a 2 week turnaround.....

Google suggests I can drive without the beauty ring as it's "purely cosmetic" but looking for any additional input on that. How long did your shop have them, and did you feel comfortable driving without them?
I drove around with the rings off while they were being powder coated, and I had no issues. I should have taken a picture with the rings off, but I thought it would be black underneath (as with the rest of the wheel), but it was a non painted silver. While driving, you couldn't really tell I didn't have the rings on, it looked almost the same. I'm sure the outer portion of the wheel isn't painted in case you wanted actual bead locks and needed that extra "bite" on the wheel.

I think I had dropped them off on a Tuesday and picked them up Friday afternoon. I was originally quoted a week but it was super quick.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay . . I get it . . . This is where you tell me that 'locals rule' . . . and high plains drifters like me shouldn't be surfing the break . . right?
You don't know it yet, but you've got it.
l saw you with those guys, you're a pit bull. They didn't back you down an inch.
And that is very rare in this world.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fascinating - thats the first badlands sas Ive seen with black trim ring. At first I thought might be carbonized grey trim if you choose carbonized grey color but they do look black.
I just finished having my rings painted carbonized gray, anything special to reassemble? Anti-seize? Torque specs?

Bad pic but here is what it looks like with no rings.

63A48A08-137C-49DA-9ECA-FF7E84475719.jpeg

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished having my rings painted carbonized gray, anything special to reassemble? Anti-seize? Torque specs?

Bad pic but here is what it looks like with no rings.

Ford Bronco DIY How-To: Painting Beadlock Wheel Beauty Ring From Silver to Black (on Badlands Sasquatch) 63A48A08-137C-49DA-9ECA-FF7E84475719
Nothing special. More excited to see the finished result when you are done!
Be careful w impact driver - is just do it about 3/4 w that so you donā€™t risk stripping the bolts.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing special. More excited to see the finished result when you are done!
Be careful w impact driver - is just do it about 3/4 w that so you donā€™t risk stripping the bolts.

Used a drill driver to get them mostly in and hand tightened with a 3/8 ratchet. Checked them all after a drive and seemed fine. Iā€™ll double check in a few days. Really happy with how it turned out. I was torn between black and carbonized but I think the gray captures the look of the optional badlands wheel without losing the design of the wheel to an all black appearance. I figured worst case I could always redo them black if I didnā€™t like gray but itā€™s staying as-is for sure.

0C9EF8A9-4789-44D3-ABEA-FC4F454283ED.jpeg

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used a drill driver to get them mostly in and hand tightened with a 3/8 ratchet. Checked them all after a drive and seemed fine. Iā€™ll double check in a few days. Really happy with how it turned out. I was torn between black and carbonized but I think the gray captures the look of the optional badlands wheel without losing the design of the wheel to an all black appearance. I figured worst case I could always redo them black if I didnā€™t like gray but itā€™s staying as-is for sure.

0C9EF8A9-4789-44D3-ABEA-FC4F454283ED.jpeg
They look great. I had same thought the other direction cause the carbonized matches nicely w the grill. Nice one!

By the way you order the brush guard after the fact and install too? Looks good for sure.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look great. I had same thought the other direction cause the carbonized matches nicely w the grill. Nice one!

By the way you order the brush guard after the fact and install too? Looks good for sure.
That was my thought, match the grille. Did the same to my bronco emblem out back.

9978824B-C83C-4AB4-B279-AE3E77F88243.jpeg

Bought the safari bar from the Ruxer parts forum discount deal. $325 and just reused the 6 bolts that come in the bumper. Maybe 10 min install? I wasnā€™t sure about it which is why I didnā€™t order from the factory (plus a constraint after they redesigned). But now it might be my favorite part. I figured if I didnā€™t like it I could return it or sell it to someone else but now itā€™s staying.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was my thought, match the grille. Did the same to my bronco emblem out back.

Ford Bronco DIY How-To: Painting Beadlock Wheel Beauty Ring From Silver to Black (on Badlands Sasquatch) 9978824B-C83C-4AB4-B279-AE3E77F88243

Bought the safari bar from the Ruxer parts forum discount deal. $325 and just reused the 6 bolts that come in the bumper. Maybe 10 min install? I wasnā€™t sure about it which is why I didnā€™t order from the factory (plus a constraint after they redesigned). But now it might be my favorite part. I figured if I didnā€™t like it I could return it or sell it to someone else but now itā€™s staying.
Ha if you tire of the look Iā€™ll buy it from you. Tell me about the horse - easy to pull off and the same shop did for you? I want to black out mine and saw on someoneā€™s army green wrap they had done it too.

whole package is awesome you got the other color I couldnā€™t decide between. Fun to see what coulda been.

Brochacho

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What brand and spray paint color name have you found that matches the carbonized grey the best?
Sponsored