First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great video. Cant wait for these to ship. I suspect most people will use the Broncos upfitter switches to power these, so will need to cut the relay and switch off.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do we modify the wiring harness for the upfitter switches to be used?

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great video. Cant wait for these to ship. I suspect most people will use the Broncos upfitter switches to power these, so will need to cut the relay and switch off.
Correct, just cut off the relay and run the wires that were going to the relay to the Aux switch.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Install Video is now up!

We always love the installation videos. However the parts needed are NOT in the glove box btw. You may want to edit that. You need a TP40 (TorxPlus 40). The TP40 is NOT included in the kit, neither is a T40. Customers have to get those bits on their own.

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We always love the installation videos. However the parts needed are NOT in the glove box btw. You may want to edit that. You need a TP40 (TorxPlus 40). The TP40 is NOT included in the kit, neither is a T40. Customers have to get those bits on their own.
Thanks! Our dealer convinced us that our Bronco didn't have the tool because it was not equipped with the mod bumper from the factory and if you had the mod bumper on the original build the T40 was in the factory kit. We will update the video.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Our dealer convinced us that our Bronco didn't have the tool because it was not equipped with the mod bumper from the factory and if you had the mod bumper on the original build the T40 was in the factory kit. We will update the video.
Naw Ford doesn't give you half what you need. They also don't give you the 2nd bit for the a-pillars since there are 2 required.

Grey Mare

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be great if you were to include option installation using the auxiliary switch connections under the hood.

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct, just cut off the relay and run the wires that were going to the relay to the Aux switch.

I have a factory plastic bumper with factory fog lights.
I am replacing this bumper with the factory steel HD MOD bumper.
I am NOT planning to connect these lights to the Aux Switches or included relay!
Will the included instructions give me guidance on how to connect your fog lights to the existing factory fog light harness/wiring?
Will i need to source special or specific harnesses or connections to complete this install?

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a factory plastic bumper with factory fog lights.
I am replacing this bumper with the factory steel HD MOD bumper.
I am NOT planning to connect these lights to the Aux Switches or included relay!
Will the included instructions give me guidance on how to connect your fog lights to the existing factory fog light harness/wiring?
Will i need to source special or specific harnesses or connections to complete this install?
We won't have instructions for this, but you can tap the existing wires into the factory harness. If you cut the wires after the DTM connectors on the ORACLE fogs, you'll have a red & black wire to tap in & still have a quick disconnect.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We won't have instructions for this, but you can tap the existing wires into the factory harness. If you cut the wires after the DTM connectors on the ORACLE fogs, you'll have a red & black wire to tap in & still have a quick disconnect.
You have three options:
1. Use the supplied wiring harness supplied with the lights to thread a wire to the interior of the cabin and mount a switch that is connected to the harness somewhere on your dashboard.
2. You can modify the existing harness and wire it to the uplifter switches if you have those on your Bronco
3. You can also modify the harness and wire it to the pre-wired fog light wires on the mod bumper. You would need additional ford parts for the light/headlight/fog switch to replace the existing switch

Did I get that right?

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have three options:
1. Use the supplied wiring harness supplied with the lights to thread a wire to the interior of the cabin and mount a switch that is connected to the harness somewhere on your dashboard.
2. You can modify the existing harness and wire it to the uplifter switches if you have those on your Bronco
3. You can also modify the harness and wire it to the pre-wired fog light wires on the mod bumper. You would need additional ford parts for the light/headlight/fog switch to replace the existing switch

Did I get that right?
Yes. Obviously if you're going from a plastic bumper and OEM fogs like @B A C N O W you don't need additional Ford parts.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the video, installed my lights today with no problems and your video helped a lot.
Sponsored