First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who has change their own oil? Plugs? Etc…. Basic shit. Pretty much any vehicle I’ve owned post 2000 sucked to work on so we all cough up $70 for an oil change. Well I like working on my own shit. Changing the oil on my TJ takes about ten minutes. It’s a dream. I doubt the bronco is as intuitive.

edit - my mistake on not seeing this section
Sponsored

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who has change their own oil? Plugs? Etc…. Basic shit. Pretty much any vehicle I’ve owned post 2000 sucked to work on so we all cough up $70 for an oil change. Well I like working on my own shit. Changing the oil on my TJ takes about ten minutes. It’s a dream. I doubt the bronco is as intuitive.
I bought an F150 a couple years ago. (Prior to that I have changed my own oil etc...) Part of the deal when I bought it I bargained for enough points for 6 oil changes. In the two years I owned it, I did not change my own oil once. My dealer charges 49.99 (they have since gone up to 59.99) and that's with the synthetic blend. I have had the oil changed once in the Bronco. I still have around 60K pass points. Fortunately, I have a good dealer to work with who has experienced mechanics who know what they're doing and will let me in the shop while its on the rack to inspect the Bronco etc. As long as I can do this, I wont ever change my own oil again. EDIT: And, some manufacturers are making them even harder to DIY! From what I have seen in other threads and when I crawled around underneath the Bronco, It doesn't appear to be too difficult to do an oil change!

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Changing oil, checking fluids (except transmission), filters and plugs (@ 100k) is really no more difficult than its ever been.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know any other way. The one and only time I sent my wife for an oil change because I didn't have time, they cross threaded the drain plug and ruined the pan. So you can say I have trust issues.

I can't comment on the 2.7, but the 2.3 is pretty easy to access everything.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The nice thing, to me, for doing my own is the chance to eyeball the general state of the engine compartment. That's where you discover worn and or loose components, leaks, that kind of thing. It's preventive maintenance.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just hate stocking and keeping track of all the different oil filters each vehicle requires. Now with the Bronco, not only is the 2.3 filter different then every other Ford I own, but it takes a different weight oil.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2.3 Black Diamond, takes 20 minutes to change the oil which includes removing the skid plate. Only tricky part is the oil filter. I recommend a filter socket because the filter isn’t coming off by hand from the factory.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just keep your receipts. I noticed that when I buy my oil and filter at the dealer with my Fordpass points they record the sale under my vehicle history, nice touch!

Sponsored

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.7L Black Diamond. You probably should get 27mm socket to remove oil filter, makes it a lot easier. All it needs is to remove the skid plate. First oil change i've ever done on my own, too be honest. Was simple. Bought a ronin oil plug because the factory plug spews out oil. If not upgrading the plug, buy a new factory yellow one as they recommend replacing it when changing the oil.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know any other way. The one and only time I sent my wife for an oil change because I didn't have time, they cross threaded the drain plug and ruined the pan. So you can say I have trust issues.

I can't comment on the 2.7, but the 2.3 is pretty easy to access everything.
sounds like the high school kid at valvoline gotcha. My wife thought she was doing a favor by getting the oil changed there....they forgot to put the plug back in....

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won the lottery. Every new vehicle I’ve owned required the screwdriver on oil change #1.
Ahhhhh memories.....Have not had to use the "screwdriver method" in quite a while!

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
buy a new factory yellow one as they recommend replacing it when changing the oil.
That’s about the biggest line of bullshit from a manufacturer I’ve ever heard.
Sponsored