First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is different about the Raptor end caps? Just some holes?
The standard end caps don't have the fog light mounting points along the lower edge.
Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco PXL_20230208_230704166
Sponsored

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are right there, they definitely look incomplete without the back covers like the Raptors have. If the Mabett lights had not come out I would have gone the route you did!
Frankly speaking, I didn't need the fog lights but I wanted to install them because I enjoy challenging myself.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Frankly speaking, I didn't need the fog lights but I wanted to install them because I enjoy challenging myself.
I understand that and for me I also did not like the open hole in the steel modular bumper, it just looked unfinished.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, I didn't bother to check voltage because many B6G guys had successfully installed fog lights following the same instructions.

I suggest double checking all the changes you made with Forscan. These are the settings you need to save for the fogs to start working.

BdyCM Configuration

• Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".

• Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"

IPC

• Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)

• 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101

BTW did you check the fuse?
Fuse? Doh I am going to jump if that is what it is, assuming you mean it needs one? I assumed there would be one. Where is said fuse located?

Sponsored
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fuse? Doh I am going to jump if that is what it is, assuming you mean it needs one? I assumed there would be one. Where is said fuse located?
Hmm, I didn't find it on the fuse diagram 🤔

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Indeed they look as nice as the OEM ones. What I don't like about them is that they don't have back covers to protect the electric components from mud and water.
And the Raptor set does have covers for the rear? Hmmm… that may sway me to go the OEM route. 👍🏼👍🏼

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Indeed they look as nice as the OEM ones. What I don't like about them is that they don't have back covers to protect the electric components from mud and water.
They don't need covers. The lights are sealed/waterproof. The light housings are finned aluminum to dissipate heat. The wriring is sealed. None of the aftermarket LED fog lights have covers. Covering the Mabett or other aftermarket fog lights would only be cosmetic and possibly counterproductive to heat dissipation.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez, I was going to go this route if I could find a set of take offs. But if I need new end caps it's not worth it to me.

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve got a pair of the Rigid lights I took off of my Braptor if any one is interested in them, shoot me a message

Sponsored

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the lights are in and working:

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5780

I went from plastic bumper to Raptor bumper and lights. The outside lights are connected to the original H11 foglight connector on the plastic bumper wiring harness and the inside ones are connected to uplifter 1. This is exactly how they are connected on the Raptor.

If I had to do this again, I might have spent the $70 and get the modular bumper wiring harness, but only because the fog light connectors are in a better place, but honestly it wasn't that bad.

On the back of each side of lights was a pigtail that brought the two lights, inner and outer to one MX150, 4 pin connector. ( If you don't have this pigtail, then each Rigid light will have an MX150, 2 pin connector). I bought these connectors to connect to the light pigtails:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...tPsdTNfbb0A==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

They are more expensive than just buying the connectors, but this way I didn't have to crimp pins which I have a habit of doing poorly.

For the other end of my pigtail, I bought cheap un-keyed H11 connectors on Amazon (I bought 3 of these):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088W9P82Y

Here is my ugly pigtail. I left a ton of extra wire wrapped up in electrical tape, just in case, and I did need it for the passenger side.

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5670

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5671

The MX150 4 pin is on the bottom and the 2 H11 are at the top. The H11 connector without the yellow is the male connector with the pins. It connects to the plastic bumper factory fog light connector. The other one, I connected to the inner fog lights. I used a female connector keep me from getting confused.

I ran a wire from the passenger side to the drivers side to carry the connection to the inner lights. I just used 16 gauge wire with a male M11 connector on each side, then on the drivers side I added a a second connector, forming a Y so that I could then have a disconnect point if I needed to take the bumper off.

This is the wire that I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SDDY6I

Here is my pigtail connecting to back of the Raptor lights:
Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5702

This is on the passenger side. I had to cut out the extra slack in the pigtail and use it because I needed to be able to go around the back metal brace on the modular bumper. This is due to where the plastic bumper fog light connector comes out. Maybe there is a better way, but I didn't see it. If I had the modular bumper harness, the fog light connectors would be better positioned. I believe that the modular bumper harness uses 2 pin MX150 connectors, which are much nicer than the H11s. The down side to this was that on the passenger side the factory H11 fog light connector was now behind a bracket and if I needed to get to it, it would mean pulling the bumper. The driver's side did not need the extra slack since everything is meant to come out on that side. I will likely take off the pigtail on the driver's side and clean it up, but it is not a priority.

I also tried to leave as much slack on the drivers side factory wiring harness as I could, because I read that people were having trouble connecting back up to the vehicle on the drivers fender because the plastic bumper wiring harness was too short. I didn't have that issue, but I compensated for that.

For the uplifter connection, I ran a wire from the top of the fender down to the bumper. I encased the wire in this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW5H57B

I added a connector to the bumper end that matched the H11 that I left in the Y for the inner lights and then ran the wire behind a brace and to the area in the back drivers corner where the uplifter wires terminate. I connected to the wire for uplifter 1 and grounded the negative cable to a screw near there.

You will need a bunch of crimp on connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LRB9P4V

A good crimping tool is your friend.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0069TRKJ0

So the only thing that went wrong, is that I guessed incorrectly on the polarity of the factory fog light connector. Not a big deal, since I had un-keyed H11 connectors and I could just unplug them and turn them around and plug them back in. This worked great on the driver's side, but since I left the passenger side connector behind a bracket in the bumper, I had to pull the bumper to make the swap. That was annoying. I don't have a. picture of the correct orientation. Sorry.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any question.

Oh and the lights look awesome.

Diego

TomatoJuice

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrack 92 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I went from plastic bumper to Raptor bumper and lights. The outside lights are connected to the original H11 foglight connector on the plastic bumper wiring harness and the inside ones are connected to uplifter 1. This is exactly how they are connected on the Raptor.

If I had to do this again, I might have spent the $70 and get the modular bumper wiring harness, but only because the fog light connectors are in a better place, but honestly it wasn't that bad.

On the back of each side of lights was a pigtail that brought the two lights, inner and outer to one MX150, 4 pin connector. ( If you don't have this pigtail, then each Rigid light will have an MX150, 2 pin connector). I bought these connectors to connect to the light pigtails:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/216286-1043?qs=DPoM0jnrROUtPsdTNfbb0A==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

They are more expensive than just buying the connectors, but this way I didn't have to crimp pins which I have a habit of doing poorly.

For the other end of my pigtail, I bought cheap un-keyed H11 connectors on Amazon (I bought 3 of these):

Here is my ugly pigtail. I left a ton of extra wire wrapped up in electrical tape, just in case, and I did need it for the passenger side.

The MX150 4 pin is on the bottom and the 2 H11 are at the top. The H11 connector without the yellow is the male connector with the pins. It connects to the plastic bumper factory fog light connector. The other one, I connected to the inner fog lights. I used a female connector keep me from getting confused.

I ran a wire from the passenger side to the drivers side to carry the connection to the inner lights. I just used 16 gauge wire with a male M11 connector on each side, then on the drivers side I added a a second connector, forming a Y so that I could then have a disconnect point if I needed to take the bumper off.

This is on the passenger side. I had to cut out the extra slack in the pigtail and use it because I needed to be able to go around the back metal brace on the modular bumper. This is due to where the plastic bumper fog light connector comes out. Maybe there is a better way, but I didn't see it. If I had the modular bumper harness, the fog light connectors would be better positioned. I believe that the modular bumper harness uses 2 pin MX150 connectors, which are much nicer than the H11s. The down side to this was that on the passenger side the factory H11 fog light connector was now behind a bracket and if I needed to get to it, it would mean pulling the bumper. The driver's side did not need the extra slack since everything is meant to come out on that side. I will likely take off the pigtail on the driver's side and clean it up, but it is not a priority.

I also tried to leave as much slack on the drivers side factory wiring harness as I could, because I read that people were having trouble connecting back up to the vehicle on the drivers fender because the plastic bumper wiring harness was too short. I didn't have that issue, but I compensated for that.

For the uplifter connection, I ran a wire from the top of the fender down to the bumper. I encased the wire in this:

I added a connector to the bumper end that matched the H11 that I left in the Y for the inner lights and then ran the wire behind a brace and to the area in the back drivers corner where the uplifter wires terminate. I connected to the wire for uplifter 1 and grounded the negative cable to a screw near there.

So the only thing that went wrong, is that I guessed incorrectly on the polarity of the factory fog light connector. Not a big deal, since I had un-keyed H11 connectors and I could just unplug them and turn them around and plug them back in. This worked great on the driver's side, but since I left the passenger side connector behind a bracket in the bumper, I had to pull the bumper to make the swap. That was annoying. I don't have a. picture of the correct orientation. Sorry.

Diego
Did you happen to record the pin out to the 4 pins?

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't write it down, but let me see if I took any pictures

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are some pictures. Hopefully it helps.
Here is the 4 wire from from the front. Notice how the black wires are on the "bottom". Those are the negatives:
Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5581

Top view:
Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5656

Here are the two individual lights. I can't remember which is inboard and which is outboard:
Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5654

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5655

IMG_5670 (1).jpeg

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco DIY: Raptor Fog Lights Installed on Standard Bronco IMG_5670 (1)

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/216286-1043?qs=DPoM0jnrROUtPsdTNfbb0A==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

Diego
Would you mind leeting me know what the (2) plastic extension pieces that hang down below the bumper attach to? I purchased the Raptor bumper end caps and I was hoping that they mounted to those, but they do not. Thank you!
Sponsored