First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People have been raising 4x4's and putting on bigger tires since before we were born. One doesn't need a factory package to make it happen.
Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just do whatever you have to do to get front and rear lockers. They come with beefier housings atleast on the front. If I can get rubber floors, drains, lockers, and upgraded dampners as an option on the Base 2nd model year. I will be selecting a Base 4door 2.3 MT. Imagine skinny tires 16s and lockers. Thatd be fun till I find a good aftermarket lift maybe 3" and get some 36" swampers. I will keep the 16s so the will be worth $1000 in 60 years.
Sounds like you should just order a badlands.. after all of those upgrades on a base, you might be looking at 40k or more. Badlands will give you a much better suspension, 33’s, 4.7 final drive, the better looking drl’s, for only 2 or 3k more!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like you should just order a badlands.. after all of those upgrades on a base, you might be looking at 40k or more. Badlands will give you a much better suspension, 33’s, 4.7 final drive, the better looking drl’s, for only 2 or 3k more!
Could I bum $3500 im still a little short.?:ROFLMAO:

Right now im hoping black diamond will give lockers and a rubber floor, i will sell my wheels and tires and buy some $60 steel 16s from put some cheap mud tires on it till i can get my swampers, or maybe just get cheap swampers. A used TSL is better than any MT tire.

I want to stay under my annual income on it will take me till next year anyway to get a good downpayment together. 45k is my absolute limit unless hawaii starts a lottery and then i win that lottery :ROFLMAO:

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doing suspension after market is very tuff to do even for pros. It's hard to get perfect. meaning their can be a little clicking,thump, or rubbing. Because these are aftermarket parts they aren't always to factory demensions even if they say they are. I also was thinking about being cheap and doing it at Juan Peblos for a case of bear. But coming from factory it will be done right and will have warranty.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doing suspension after market is very tuff to do even for pros. It's hard to get perfect. meaning their can be a little clicking,thump, or rubbing.
It’s really not...I am no mechanic by any stretch and have done several lifts myself, including on a IFS vehicle...and it is no problem and comes out great. People have been lifting vehicles for a long long time.

Reactions: RLW

Sponsored

05retro

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 1500, prior 71,74,78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any concerns about gearing difference of Badlands vs Sasquatch with 33/35" tires? If I recall correctly Badlands will be 4.46 gears, Sasquatch 4.7 gears.

Ordering Badlands 4dr; (gets me 3/4th of Sasquatch package) with lockers and for 1st 2-3 years will likely only do light off-roading. Plan to wear out set of 33's then replace with 35 all-terraings since I need good winter traction in VT. Based on that Sasquatch only really gets me the slightly different gearing. Few questions;

1. Gearing drive-ability: Can 10 speed auto 4.46 Badlands handle 35"+ tires at later date for Northeast type off-roading? On flip side going 75-80mph down the interstate with 10 speed auto (0.636 10th gear tranny ratio) how would the 4.7 gears work if I downgraded down to 32"-33" tires for daily driving?
2. Do you think Ford will alter Sasquatch price based on trim level since Badlands gets "most" of the goodies?
3. Will stock Badlands rims take a 35" AT or are they too narrow?
4. Would the Suatch rims take a smaller 32-33" tire w/out wear issues?

05retro

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 1500, prior 71,74,78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have answers to these questions. Basically want to buy a base Badlands, add bigger tires at later date and was curious about gearing. Also curious if Badlands will take 35" tires or is additional lift and different fender flares required?

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with a lot of opinions here but really....
If the price is right Sasquatch is badass and a good way to drive off without much to worry about down the road (in most circumstances)
If its a tweener money wise and I dont need the extra off road perks (I like the stance and the badass factor also) .... 1st asking the dealer if a 2 inch lift and tire swap is possible.....2nd.... going after market....
done and done

(BD + SAS + MID (hopefully))

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buy once, cry once
I said the same thing!
I think the Sasquatch on the base is like seven grand maybe? You would spend 10gto 15s just on the lockers, gears themselves if you did it later.

Also 2.3 vs. 2.7. 1900$ more
Just buying a new motor by itself will cost 10 grand and then have to put it in, probably has different computer controls.
But I get to people who just want then “look” the only thing is the gear ratios maybe? But I think the manual is a lot lower than the auto correct?
Speedo woul be way off for sure.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I said the same thing!
I think the Sasquatch on the base is like seven grand maybe? You would spend 10gto 15s just on the lockers, gears themselves if you did it later.

Also 2.3 vs. 2.7. 1900$ more
Just buying a new motor by itself will cost 10 grand and then have to put it in, probably has different computer controls.
But I get to people who just want then “look” the only thing is the gear ratios maybe? But I think the manual is a lot lower than the auto correct?
Speedo woul be way off for sure.
me :
BASE-SAS-2.0 spacer lift later.
Done
Sponsored