Iconic

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
An idea I haven't seen posted. Probably has. It's a workaround for the guy who has sticker shock on the squatch package and forced auto trans upgrade and doesn't want to spend the money when all he wanted was a Bronco that sits a bit higher on 35 inch rubber. I'm wondering if a guy can order a non squatch, get the 2.3 engine and manual transmission, a factory lift. Then once delivered slap some 35 inch meats and wheels of your liking and possibly upgrade the shocks. Poor man's squatch

disguss Pick it apart
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

An idea I haven't seen posted. Probably has. It's a workaround for the guy who has sticker shock on the squatch package and forced auto trans upgrade and doesn't want to spend the money when all he wanted was a Bronco that sits a bit higher on 35 inch rubber. I'm wondering if a guy can order a non squatch, get the 2.3 engine and manual transmission, a factory lift. Then once delivered slap some 35 inch meats and wheels of your liking and possibly upgrade the shocks. Poor man's squatch

disguss Pick it apart
Just my .02 (and I’m a tightwad so I have thought about it)

for what it’s going to cost to add Sasquatch from the factory, you’ll never be able to replicate it for the time and money involved. Lockers, lift, fenders, wheels, tires, gear ratio and upgrades transfer case.
It’ll either cost you at minimum 50% more, or take forever to do it if you’re worried about the budget.

my opinion is this:

Bite the bullet now, get everything you could possibly want in a factory off roader, add a winch and have a great time with it.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just my .02 (and I’m a tightwad so I have thought about it)

for what it’s going to cost to add Sasquatch from the factory, you’ll never be able to replicate it for the time and money involved. Lockers, lift, fenders, wheels, tires, gear ratio and upgrades transfer case.
It’ll either cost you at minimum 50% more, or take forever to do it if you’re worried about the budget.

my opinion is this:

Bite the bullet now, get everything you could possibly want in a factory off roader, add a winch and have a great time with it.
Yep I agree. You'll have to pay for labor as well if your not doing it yourself and take a chance of things going wrong once you start tearing apart transfer cases and things. Just get the Sasquatch package and be done. Or go with a Black Diamond and just add 33s and be happy.

hargis

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-250 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience you will never be able to do it as cheap. But if you are wanting to go the route of 37's or larger and larger aftermarket lift, depending on base package, you may be able to get close.

OP
OP
Iconic

Iconic

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I failed to mention is this is a workaround for the guy who doesn't care about lockers and beefed up transfer case ect. I really want the factory squatch package myself, but if the price comes in crayzay high, I likely won't. This would be my DD. The extent of 4x4ing would be in snowstorms. I just love the stance of a the squatch look. Ford nailed this offering, but we'll see what the market will bear regarding price.

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

disguss Pick it apart
The closest thing you could get to the samsqaumch is the badlands with a manual. It comes with front and rear lockers, hoss suspension with bilstein shocks, sway bar disconnect, and 4.7 final drive. If ford offers a lift add on, swap out the 33’s with 35’s, buy some aftermarket fender flares.. you basically have a Sasquatch with a manual ?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember, that 37' concept had a stick, so you don't have to settle

There'll be plenty of shops that will have their own Squatch kits, or able to replicate most of it, and it feels more personal because of it.

Easier to replicate the 'crotch than to retrofit a stick

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
.......when all he wanted was a Bronco that sits a bit higher on 35 inch rubber.....
THIS. This is exactly what I just posited on the package pricing thread.

Maybe Ford can offer a basic lift, 35" tires (or 315s which are 34.5") and rear locker only on the manual. Forget the auto trans, front locker, high priced auto tranny and upgraded 4wd and save probably half the price.

Offer two different Sasquatch packages. Sasquatch I and Sasquatch II. "Lite" and "Full"

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I failed to mention is this is a workaround for the guy who doesn't care about lockers and beefed up transfer case ect. I really want the factory squatch package myself, but if the price comes in crayzay high, I likely won't. This would be my DD. The extent of 4x4ing would be in snowstorms. I just love the stance of a the squatch look. Ford nailed this offering, but we'll see what the market will bear regarding price.
I don't see why this wouldn't work. What you describe above is what 90% of the lifted Wranglers I see rolling around town did. Took a stock Sport S, added a lift and threw on aftermarket rims and 35s.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
?Exactly this?

I would bet your sentiments match AT LEAST 50% of the target demographic.

Ford just has to determine that if they offer a "Sasquatch Lite" package, will the cannibalization of sales of the Full Sasquatch package be less than the people that, like you (and me), would forego the Sasquatch package altogether. ???
Sponsored