First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The closest thing you could get to the samsqaumch is the badlands with a manual. It comes with front and rear lockers, hoss suspension with bilstein shocks, sway bar disconnect, and 4.7 final drive. If ford offers a lift add on, swap out the 33’s with 35’s, buy some aftermarket fender flares.. you basically have a Sasquatch with a manual ?
I reserved a Badlands so I would have this exact option if I want to. Thinking I might stick with manual and the 2.3 and wear out the 33s and then put on 35s. (Or 37s. Just want to see how much that factory lift is first.)
Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way the suspension is designed there are all kinds of things that can be done
for the front
1) coil over spacers, could give a quick cheep inch or two lift
2) taller coil overs, maybe even adjustable coil overs
3) with coil overs you could also do aftermarket control arms to correct any geometry issues
4) drop knuckles along with control arms, and coil overs
5) front differential drops along with control arms, and coil overs

For the rear
1) coil over spacers
2) taller coil overs
3) longer control arms, and track bars depending how tall you go

who knows someone may even come out with a adjustable on the fly system, either air or hydraulic system that you can raise or lower the ride height with just a push of a button. The suspension looks like it would be very simple do lift enough to fit 35's under a Bronco. Bet it could be done in a few hours with just a good floor jack and basic hand tools

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Remember, that 37' concept had a stick, so you don't have to settle

There'll be plenty of shops that will have their own Squatch kits, or able to replicate most of it, and it feels more personal because of it.

Easier to replicate the 'crotch than to retrofit a stick
I read somewhere that it didn’t have an engine, it was just for show. It even had the auto gear selector info on the dash.

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my .02 (and I’m a tightwad so I have thought about it)

for what it’s going to cost to add Sasquatch from the factory, you’ll never be able to replicate it for the time and money involved. Lockers, lift, fenders, wheels, tires, gear ratio and upgrades transfer case.
It’ll either cost you at minimum 50% more, or take forever to do it if you’re worried about the budget.

my opinion is this:

Bite the bullet now, get everything you could possibly want in a factory off roader, add a winch and have a great time with it.
Buy once, cry once

Sponsored

Elvis

Badlands
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Truck (don't hate me)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be a little concerned with geometry issues especially with the IFS up front. That being said, it might not be as much of an issue going to 35s from the Badlands vs. the Base model.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read somewhere that it didn’t have an engine, it was just for show. It even had the auto gear selector info on the dash.
Oh snap, that's heartbreaking.

Still, don't see how you couldn't be fine when jeeps with their 3.6's are running big tires with sticks, might need a st1 clutch, but it's doable

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There will be plenty of aftermarket lifts available that will enable 35s. Sounds like you're just like me, wanting the look and stance of the Sasquatch without the super off-road bits. My plan is Black Diamond with 2" lift and 35s aftermarket!

dave91gt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 1991 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 1998 Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We had that approach with our JLU. Bought a 5k mile Sahara with the 3.6 and 3.42 gears. It had street tires and looked pretty wimpy. We aren’t hardcore off roaders so we just did a mild lift and wheels and tires.
Enter the Mopar lift. New coils, Fox shocks, new lower front arms. Dealer installed for $1500 all in. I got a better rate than most. Usually they charge $2000 all in.
Then we ordered 5 wheels and tires. Fuel wheels and 315 Falken Wildpeaks. I’m thinking we had roughly $2500 in wheels and tires. Then a rough country spare tire relocation. And a Tazer to correct speedo.
So, I have roughly $4k in doing it myself. With no lockers, better gearing, etc. Put this out there as a comparison.
For this reason, our Bronco will be ordered with Sasquatch. I’d want the gears alone with 315’s even with an ecoboost. The Jeep v6 and 8 speed does ok but never sees 8th gear unless going downhill. The gearing really de stresses the entire driveline with bigger tires.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure it can be done. But one caveat, you may want to check with the dealer to make sure none of the add on's will void any part of the manufacturers warranty, if that is a concern. I've learned that one can really make a mistake if not careful. I though about several things for my Corvette, but learned if any thing I add that isn't GM approved causes a problem, I will be SOL.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: Right on @JAGSarge It's the new .........

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We had that approach with our JLU. Bought a 5k mile Sahara with the 3.6 and 3.42 gears. It had street tires and looked pretty wimpy. We aren’t hardcore off roaders so we just did a mild lift and wheels and tires.
Enter the Mopar lift. New coils, Fox shocks, new lower front arms. Dealer installed for $1500 all in. I got a better rate than most. Usually they charge $2000 all in.
Then we ordered 5 wheels and tires. Fuel wheels and 315 Falken Wildpeaks. I’m thinking we had roughly $2500 in wheels and tires. Then a rough country spare tire relocation. And a Tazer to correct speedo.
So, I have roughly $4k in doing it myself. With no lockers, better gearing, etc. Put this out there as a comparison.
For this reason, our Bronco will be ordered with Sasquatch. I’d want the gears alone with 315’s even with an ecoboost. The Jeep v6 and 8 speed does ok but never sees 8th gear unless going downhill. The gearing really de stresses the entire driveline with bigger tires.

All good points but the Badlands Squatch thing , if I am correct. Badlands Squatch. Without pricing yet this is pointless but it will kill some time.

Badlands has most of the Squatch except, basically for my example here, Bead lock capable wheels and 35's and flares. but will limit your suspension travel because of rub issues.

Aftermarket real bead lock wheels are what? $400 each

35's what? 350-400 each

I'm still undecided to go Base squatch or badlands no squatch. disconnect and 7MT and 33's better for DD and trips. This is just how I see it for myself, by all means I am not telling you what to do, just giving you my side of things. The Badlands doesn't need Squatched if it's just the tire and bead lock your going for because you are limiting travel as a downfall just for looks. Buy a set of aftermarket beads or when the tires wear out put something a little bit bigger under 34. whatever as to not club the flares or fenders as much. I haven't played with tire sizes yet I have been trying to keep all this straight because when things start happening they will start happening fast, before I know it it will be Dec.. Just needing that pricing to come out.

Edit: I know I left out about the ground clearance but the is pretty small difference. IMO.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just do whatever you have to do to get front and rear lockers. They come with beefier housings atleast on the front. If I can get rubber floors, drains, lockers, and upgraded dampners as an option on the Base 2nd model year. I will be selecting a Base 4door 2.3 MT. Imagine skinny tires 16s and lockers. Thatd be fun till I find a good aftermarket lift maybe 3" and get some 36" swampers. I will keep the 16s so the will be worth $1000 in 60 years.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All good points but the Badlands Squatch thing , if I am correct. Badlands Squatch. Without pricing yet this is pointless but it will kill some time.

Badlands has most of the Squatch except, basically for my example here, Bead lock capable wheels and 35's and flares. but will limit your suspension travel because of rub issues.

Aftermarket real bead lock wheels are what? $400 each

35's what? 350-400 each

I'm still undecided to go Base squatch or badlands no squatch. disconnect and 7MT and 33's better for DD and trips. This is just how I see it for myself, by all means I am not telling you what to do, just giving you my side of things. The Badlands doesn't need Squatched if it's just the tire and bead lock your going for because you are limiting travel as a downfall just for looks. Buy a set of aftermarket beads or when the tires wear out put something a little bit bigger under 34. whatever as to not club the flares or fenders as much. I haven't played with tire sizes yet I have been trying to keep all this straight because when things start happening they will start happening fast, before I know it it will be Dec.. Just needing that pricing to come out.

Edit: I know I left out about the ground clearance but the is pretty small difference. IMO.
People are freaking out about the limited wheel travel with Squatch for no reason. Up travel is probably limited because 35s rub at full articulation without it. Down travel is probably the same. If you put 35s on a Badlands without a lift over and above what the Squatch provides you will almost certainly have significant rubbing at full articulation.
Sponsored