Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aside from the obvious has anyone actually built a bumper that isn't going to break someone's bank account. Once I get all the material, I plan on doing this myself, I'm just seeing what everyone else has done.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably the best idea. Some of these aftermarket ones are pricey.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably the best idea. Some of these aftermarket ones are pricey.
absolutely way to proud of products that can be done far cheaper with time and patience

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only thing with the link that you added PWillette is I want recovery points (tow hook points) but then again still something to think about. My wife will be running the winch on her Wrangler & we rarely wheel without the other being there.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to build all my own stuff when I was younger and poorer, I loved the satisfaction of a job well done. I still have the desire, but the time is more elusive than the money at this point in my life. When I moved I sold off my welder, bender, plasma cutter, compressor, etc, so now I’m at the mercy of buying off the shelf or spending the first $5000 on tools. I may see if I can get my employer to purchase the tig welder for my mechanics.

I built everything on my 87 Bronco myself.

Ford Bronco DIY self made bumpers? F7D8E493-5DD3-471C-9030-FC1695D6FDFC

Edited to add:I was speaking about me being poor in my 20’s, I wasn’t implying anything about you or anyone else. Lack of funds and wanting to have cool shit were main motivations for me to learn the skills to do it myself when buying off the shelf wasn’t an option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used to build all my own stuff when I was younger and poorer, I loved the satisfaction of a job well done. I still have the desire, but the time is more elusive than the money at this point in my life. When I moved I sold off my welder, bender, plasma cutter, compressor, etc, so now I’m at the mercy of buying off the shelf or spending the first $5000 on tools. I may see if I can get my employer to purchase the tig welder for my mechanics.

I built everything on my 87 Bronco myself.

Ford Bronco DIY self made bumpers? F7D8E493-5DD3-471C-9030-FC1695D6FDFC
Nice I fortunately have everything except the plasma cutter, btw I know you didnt mean it in the way you said it, but Im not poor I just dont want to spend 1800 dollars on something I know I can do for quarter to half the cost. Just doesnt make sense

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be up to see a nice homemade tube bumper prerunner style. Probably not many people's cup of tea but they're much more cost effective than similar ADD bumpers.

I am learning, but I don't think I'm ready to take on anything quite that ambitious yet.
As I'm not a super big fan of a full tubular bumper, I do have some ideas on one. Kinda throw some old school elements into a new school bumper (since Ford did us the solid of making this Bronco look like a First Gen) but we will see how it goes. Once I get started I'll start a thread on the progress.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice I fortunately have everything except the plasma cutter, btw I know you didnt mean it in the way you said it, but Im not poor I just dont want to spend 1800 dollars on something I know I can do for quarter to half the cost. Just doesnt make sense
I was speaking about me being poor in my 20’s, I wasn’t implying anything about you or anyone else. Lack of funds and wanting to have cool shit were main motivations for me to learn the skills to do it myself when buying off the shelf wasn’t an option. Another motivation was that the products available for Broncos related to rock crawling in the mid 90’s was basically non existent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was speaking about me being poor in my 20’s, I wasn’t implying anything about you or anyone else. Lack of funds and wanting to have cool shit were main motivations for me to learn the skills to do it myself when buying off the shelf wasn’t an option. Another motivation was that the products available for Broncos related to rock crawling in the mid 90’s was basically non existent.
Understandable just like this Bronco, Im still baffled that with all the delays and companies getting their hands on them well before we did why we dont have more aftermarket parts of any kind. Fortunately some people know how to design and fabricate, but for the ones that don't it kinda sucks right now. When I get these bumpers built though if people like them I might make more for a way cheaper price. I got to get there first though

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im still baffled that with all the delays and companies getting their hands on them well before we did why we dont have more aftermarket parts of any kind
Give it a little time. It is still very early. The game just got started. I think in the next year, were gonna see a ton of stuff hit the market.

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Give it a little time. It is still very early. The game just got started. I think in the next year, were gonna see a ton of stuff hit the market.
hopefully for the people that dont want to fab things up, but Im already set on making my own.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully for the people that dont want to fab things up, but Im already set on making my own.
Nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing you can do something yourself and not have to rely on someone else to get things done!

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing you can do something yourself and not have to rely on someone else to get things done!
absolutely Im about to start the tedious part.....CARDBOARD.......
Sponsored