Sponsored

Do Bronco Owners Enjoy Their Celebrity Status?

Do you enjoy your new found fame in being stopped to answer questions/people eyeing up your Bronco?

• Yes - No problem with people looking or asking questions

Votes: 108 72.0%
  • Yes - No problem with people looking at my Bronco; but don't stop to ask me questions

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Yes - No problem with people asking me questions; but don't stare/look into my Bronco

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • No - Keep away from my Bronco and don't talk to me

Votes: 26 17.3%

• Total voters

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TBH, where the hell are all of the new Broncos in CO. I go anywhere and mine is the first that anyone has seen. I get the ticks attached to me in traffic, people come up in parking lots, it happens everywhere. I know I am driving a unicorn (fabled and not substantiated), but I need someone else to take the focus off of me. The limelight is too bright and I have flash burns from it.;)
Mike
Sponsored

gooby

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i M-Sport, Black-Diamond 7SPD on Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I test drove the dealer's mannequin, he told me they had to keep a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign in the windshield because people were climbing all over it. I get that at a dealership where people are there to look at new cars, but I hope I don't see that happening when mine gets delivered! It did get a lot of attention during our short test drive.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What kind of Triumph do you have? Where I'm at, they're the most common bike on the road.
A 2014 Thunderbird Commander 1700, the are three Thunderbird models, the LT, the Storm and the Commander. I haven't seen a Single one of any of those models at the Rock Store or Cook's Corner when I've been to those. They stopped making them in 2017. I think I read that between 2014 and 2017 they brought around 1600 total of all three models combined to the states.

I have seen Bonnies/scramblers/bobbers and the adventure bikes and speed trips out there though.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love it when a dealer tells me I know more than he does about the Bronco. I ask him how he expects to sell what he knows nothing about. Then I say I'll go find a dealer that knows what he is talking about.

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tons of people here rip through the city on Groms. I always felt like I'd look like a polar bear on a tricycle on it, but they do look fun. But I also ride a Sportster and am over 6', so I'm halfway there anyway.
Yeah Groms are a ton of fun around town or very narrow twisty backroads around here. I just wish we could lane split here legally. I’m 5’10”, and even I feel like the bike is way smaller than me, but that’s part of the experience. My other bike is a Ninja 650, but I got bored of that so next year I am actually considering replacing it with a Sportster, and possibly making it into a “scrambler”. Kind of hoping I might find a good deal on a used one with the new generation of Sportsters coming out.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah Groms are a ton of fun around town or very narrow twisty backroads around here. I just wish we could lane split here legally. I’m 5’10”, and even I feel like the bike is way smaller than me, but that’s part of the experience. My other bike is a Ninja 650, but I got bored of that so next year I am actually considering replacing it with a Sportster, and possibly making it into a “scrambler”. Kind of hoping I might find a good deal on a used one with the new generation of Sportsters coming out.

I seriously suggest test riding an Indian Scout before committing to the Sportster. Especially coming from a sport bike. Nothing wrong with the Sportster, but after spending years on a couple of Scouts, the Sportster is the last HD I want to ride now.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far only one person has asked about mine. Pulled up next to me at a light in a really nice late 90s-2000s Defender rigged up for overlanding and said "So they do exist!". Not gonna lie I was kind of crushing on his defender too, it was sweet looking. Just a quick conversation at the light about if it was the sasquatch, since I have the optional wheel, and away we went.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have gotten a ton of "is that your bronco, it's nice". A few conversations too. Luckily when I wasn't in a hurry. So far no one has overstepped their bounds yet. I don't mind it as long as I'm not busy. Have had a few people at a stop light ask questions and even someone start talking that was walking by as I was stuck in traffic in town.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have had a few people walk up as soon as I get out, ask a few questions and walk around it. I never mind taking time.

This weekend was on another level - went to a college football game this weekend and got there early to tailgate. We got there early enough to get a good central spot. Over a dozen people came by asking for ‘the owner’, I got to speak to about 10 of them. The usual questions, but some even asked price, which is not normally asked. I don’t mind sharing since it’s public info. I just quote MSRP.

Anywho, made a new friend on got some free whiskey out of it. And several people got pictures with it.

Definitely not used to the attention but I feel a sense of responsibility to take some time to show off the Bronco.

A common question we had was, who’s tailgate is this? We didn’t have anything fancy setup but I got the impression some thought it was a Ford Bronco sponsored spot.

One of the few photos taken, wish I would’ve got some better ones.
Ford Bronco Do Bronco Owners Enjoy Their Celebrity Status? 1634571699139

Last edited:

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been in car culture a long time and the Bronco is not going to be the first car I've owned to bring attention. Most recently I've owned a 2019 Challenger and it got the gawks. Even my 2016 Wrangler got it's fair share of attention.

Having some ten-year old kid walk up to you and be all about that car you have, seeing that dream of owning one in their eyes reminds me of growing up in a family that was involved in car culture. Having been that 10 year old myself, taken to see muscle cars and lifted trucks and going to races (As a kid I went to both on-road and off-road racing events). And seeing that same delight in other's eyes is priceless. Kid's and adults.

That's something that never gets old.

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AT FIRST IT AS GREAT ..PEOPLE ASKING ME ABOUT MY NEW BRONCO AND THE CHANGES I MADE TO IT...BUT NOW IT GETTING OLD ...

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I seriously suggest test riding an Indian Scout before committing to the Sportster. Especially coming from a sport bike. Nothing wrong with the Sportster, but after spending years on a couple of Scouts, the Sportster is the last HD I want to ride now.
I respectfully disagree and agree at the same time. The Sportster is kind of like a Base Bronco. It's like an adult Lego kit and only as good as the time/work/money you put into it.

I can tour mine, but also rip on it. Upgraded... everything. All for less than I'd likely pay for most other bikes that come with stuff like that standard.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had mine for 10 days now. Have ~600 miles on it. Drove it to work a couple times, had several co-workers check it out pretty thoroughly. Deckhands on the ferry I commute on talked to me about it, said they see every kind of car but hadn't seen the new Bronco until mine.

Had a few parking lot walk ups, one red-light conversation, gas pump conversations. Fortunately no issues with anyone going too far yet.

WA_Wraps

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Skyline GTSt, 91 skyline GTS4, 06 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't have my bronco yet, but having had a couple skylines (current and forever one pictured) I am familiar with the concept. I honestly hate the attention lol. I am cool with people looking, or admiring, or talking shit about it because it isn't a GTR.. but I certainly don't want to get recognition for a meterial object, particularly one that is at it's core barely different than any other 90s japanese tin can

Ford Bronco Do Bronco Owners Enjoy Their Celebrity Status? IMG_20210622_155416~2

IMG_20210401_190552.jpg
Sponsored