Sponsored

Do cloth seats have any sort of water/dirt resistance?

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if the cloth seats have any sort of water/dirt resistance?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think so, but most people will apply scotchgard right away and I hear it does a great job. Never used it in my Jeep and I don't have any major stains, but I am sure it would have helped.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m getting a black diamond with MGV but was interested in That question as well. One reason I went for the MGV was to not worry about water/dust/dirt damage. In the past some Ford interiors have smell horrible after being exposed to water. Mustang Converts- or F-150-Explorers with Moonroofs. Maybe they change the cloth/cushions to avoid that but Iā€™m not so sure. I was Adair if my Bronco get stuff exposed to one rain storm Iā€™d be screwed with smelling mildew forever.

OP
OP
Streetfish

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m getting a black diamond with MGV but was interested in That question as well. One reason I went for the MGV was to not worry about water/dust/dirt damage. In the past some Ford interiors have smell horrible after being exposed to water. Mustang Converts- or F-150-Explorers with Moonroofs. Maybe they change the cloth/cushions to avoid that but Iā€™m not so sure. I was Adair if my Bronco get stuff exposed to one rain storm Iā€™d be screwed with smelling mildew forever.
I have an FJ Cruiser and the seats are cloth but they have some sort of water resistant material . It's just hard to believe ford would make a top/doorless vehicle and not do something to protect the seats.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't worry about smells with MGV. It is specifically designed to get wet and dry out with mildew resistant materials found in boat seats. If anything, I would look into some boat vinyl cleaner and conditioner to help maintain its color, but it should be extremely durable.

My buddy is a pro bass fisherman (only said that because he spends virtually all his time on a boat) and he uses Boat Bling products. Specifically the Vinyl Sauce and Condition Sauce regularly. My dad also uses this on his boat from my friend's recommendation and it does a great job. Just make sure you have some time to let the conditioner soak in for a while because it leaves things feeling a little greasy after applying. I have not noticed it staining cloths, but if you're worried or in a hurry you could wipe your seats down again with a clean towel to remove any excess.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Jeep has black cloth (synthetic) seats. I wanted to keep them new & clean as long as possible. So I bought some cheap black towels from IKEA to keep on them, and the seats are probably as good as new after 4 years and 23,000 miles.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Isuzu cloth seats always come clean. Damp cloth cleans up most things and I use interior cleaner for the big stuff. Never had anything leave a stain and my kids really put those seats to the test when they were younger. šŸ˜‚

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whatā€™s the deal with the Wildtrak having clothes seats?

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never had a problem with dist/dirt on my old Ford cloth seats.

I did forget the window down overnight one and we got a shower. Miserable drive to school but it dried out fairly quick with no lingering side effects.

If I could have gotten cloth in our BD I would have.

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an FJ Cruiser and the seats are cloth but they have some sort of water resistant material . It's just hard to believe ford would make a top/doorless vehicle and not do something to protect the seats.
This is the first thing I thought of. I had an FJ and after years the seats looked basically brand new. They were a tightly woven water resistant cloth. It would be a huge miss if Ford didnā€™t use the same type of material. I canā€™t imagine the material cost would be much higher.

On the other hand I have heard scotch guard works really well on car seats and only requires periodic reapplication. If I had a cloth bronco and was going to ride around with the top off it would be a day one thing.
Sponsored