Sponsored

Do Dealers Lie about where you are in line?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, they want to convert as many orders as possible, so their final allocation holds up, and they’re afraid if they’re honest, people will transfer or cancel.
But if a bunch of late reservations transfer out, then their conversion % will go up potentially. Total reservations, total conversions, conversion rate. I guess at then end of the day you pull as many fish in the boat as you can and throw them back later.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if a bunch of late reservations transfer out, then their conversion % will go up potentially. Total reservations, total conversions, conversion rate. I guess at then end of the day you pull as many fish in the boat as you can and throw them back later.
just out of curiosity how do you transfer a reservation? And do you still keep your same place in line when you transfer?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to see this $100,000 invoice Bronco
3% under invoice isn't 3k under invoice on a bronco
I'll tell you what. I'll sell you 10 Broncos for 6% under invoice, saving you $6K per Bronco!

Where should I send your $94K Broncos too?
I’m sorry. You are correct. Chapman’s actual offer is 3% below invoice, not $3,000 below invoice. I have corrected my previous posts.

::EDIT:: Here is the link to Chapman’s offer...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/deal-for-those-who-want-to-transfer-or-wait-for-a-2022.11412/

Last edited:

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sorry. You are correct. Chapman’s actual offer is 3% below invoice, not $3,000 below invoice. I have corrected my previous posts.
I knew you would see it eventually!

Good on you for acknowledging. We all make mistakes. I was just worried about TyGuy40 getting more confused.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew you would see it eventually!

Good on you for acknowledging. We all make mistakes. I was just worried about TyGuy40 getting more confused.
Yeah, you threw me initially when you said you knew I meant under “MSRP“. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a ton to unpack here, but I will try and make this short and sweet:

So, the good news is Dealer here in Austin called me a few days ago. And today confirmed they are getting 150 orders (I'm assuming that is the number they can fulfill this calendar year, but I defer to the experts here). My timestamp is very early. Day 1 reservation, and whereas I did ask the dealer specifically where I was on the list, they only told me "Top 25". I have to reason to believe this guy was shady, but I haven't purchased a new vehicle in over 20 years. I have no idea how shady dealers are being at the moment (if anyone has links to good dealer advice threads, please let me know).

Dealer also told me if I were to pick any of the options or features that are causing delays, I am so close to the front of the line, he told me I'd be fine. For the record, I reserved the 2 door FE, but honestly wanted the 2 Door BL - The First Edition just so happened to be the one I got to successfully submit when Reservations opened day 1.

I am eying the 2.7L Modular Hardtop, with the HE Package. No Sasquatch. I don't plan to do heavy off-roading. Just road trips to Colorado, Moab, Utah, etc. And some fun in the sun, with the top off at the beach, etc. Maybe the 2.7 is overkill, but I have to think if I ever were to sell it, it would be in higher demand.

That said, do dealers often make up shit about where you are inline, just to get you in the door. Just want to know what I should be on the lookout for.

Thanks!

-Ty
I just want to point out:

If you have a First Edition reservation, and you order a FE, you *will* get a MY21. Ford has stated they will fulfill the FE's in MY21.

*but*

The FE comes with squatch standard. If you really want a Badlands (and no squatch) you can order a Badlands, or any other trim you'd like (the only trim you can't order without the specific reservation is the FE, which you said you have).

If you order the BL, then you'll be at the mercy of part availability... but if you have an early reservation at your dealer anyway, which it sounds like you do, you'll be earlier in line for those high-demand options anyway.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer in Nevada, Carson City Capital, has been pretty good with details as of late, I must say.

Sent me the full list of their reservations ( around 500) and my number on the list ( 134) . He said that they expect to fill about 1/3 of them in ‘21, which sits me pretty good if I were to stay with them .

He also confirmed MSRP, although I haven’t tried to talk him into a better deal. Also stated he would NOT submit my reservation without my approval.

Still sticking with my Oct Granger ressie though..... but also looking hard at that F150 tremor if I am able to get my hands on one.

I have the time to decide... maybe drop down to the 2door and get both if I feel I can responsibly swing it.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
for a noob like me, when people say “under invoice”, what-does that mean?

I apologize because I know this question is stupid. but I often avoid dealers for a reason. I just get heated, tell them to F off, then buy used. From a private seller.

is that the price the dealer pays?
Invoice is supposed to be sort of like what a dealer pays, but in most cases, they pay even less than that.

Buyers get a weird kind of comfort with bragging about paying at or below invoice, but it is a hypothetical number that its not rooted in reality. I think many buyers don't know that Dealers don't pay invoice.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Invoice is supposed to be sort of like what a dealer pays, but in most cases, they pay even less than that.

Buyers get a weird kind of comfort with bragging about paying at or below invoice, but it is a hypothetical number that its not rooted in reality. I think many buyers don't know that Dealers don't pay invoice.
Thanks for the heads-up. I am basically doing what I should have done months ago, and emailing every dealer in Central Texas to see who can offer me the best deal. I also have X-plan through my company, so I'm praying some of them will accept it.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Do Dealers Lie about where you are in line? giphy - 2021-01-26T102827.496

@DealerInsider has been super helpful in this thread and the Texas group buy may still be around, but good luck, hold onto your principles, and don't let the shady dealers keep you in the dark.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just out of curiosity how do you transfer a reservation? And do you still keep your same place in line when you transfer?
There is an 800 number that you call and they will do it for you. Yes, your reservation time stamp is preserved. Use the search function (upper right) and find some threads on the topic. I understand it is easy and immediate.
Sponsored