Sponsored

Do Dealers Lie about where you are in line?

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a ton to unpack here, but I will try and make this short and sweet:

So, the good news is Dealer here in Austin called me a few days ago. And today confirmed they are getting 150 orders (I'm assuming that is the number they can fulfill this calendar year, but I defer to the experts here). My timestamp is very early. Day 1 reservation, and whereas I did ask the dealer specifically where I was on the list, they only told me "Top 25". I have to reason to believe this guy was shady, but I haven't purchased a new vehicle in over 20 years. I have no idea how shady dealers are being at the moment (if anyone has links to good dealer advice threads, please let me know).

Dealer also told me if I were to pick any of the options or features that are causing delays, I am so close to the front of the line, he told me I'd be fine. For the record, I reserved the 2 door FE, but honestly wanted the 2 Door BL - The First Edition just so happened to be the one I got to successfully submit when Reservations opened day 1.

I am eying the 2.7L Modular Hardtop, with the HE Package. No Sasquatch. I don't plan to do heavy off-roading. Just road trips to Colorado, Moab, Utah, etc. And some fun in the sun, with the top off at the beach, etc. Maybe the 2.7 is overkill, but I have to think if I ever were to sell it, it would be in higher demand.

That said, do dealers often make up shit about where you are inline, just to get you in the door. Just want to know what I should be on the lookout for.

Thanks!

-Ty
Sponsored

Last edited:

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean, if the question is "do dealers lie?" about any subject the answer is yes. But if you got in on an FE, you're likely good for '21,even with late availability.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a ton to unpack here, but I will try and make this short and sweet:

So, the good news is Dealer here in Austin called me a few days ago. And today confirmed they are getting 150 orders (I'm assuming that is the number they can fulfill this calendar year, but I defer to the experts here). My timestamp is very early. Day 1 reservation, and whereas I did ask the dealer specifically where I was on the list, they only told me "Top 25". I have to reason to believe this guy was shady, but I haven't purchased a new vehicle in over 20 years. I have no idea how shady dealers are being at the moment (if anyone has links to good dealer advice threads, please let me know).

Dealer also told me if I were to pick any of the options or features that are causing delays, I am so close to the front of the line, he told me I'd be fine. For the record, I reserved the FE, but honestly wanted the BL - The First Edition just so happened to be the one I got to successfully submit when Reservations opened day 1.

I am eying the 2.7L Modular Hardtop, with the HE Package. No Sasquatch. I don't plan to do heavy off-roading. Just road trips to Colorado, Moab, Utah, etc. And some fun in the sun, with the top off at the beach, etc. Maybe the 2.7 is overkill, but I have to think if I ever were to sell it, it would be in higher demand.

That said, do dealers often make up shit about where you are inline, just to get you in the door. Just want to know what I should be on the lookout for.

Thanks!

-Ty
If you ordered an FE on day 1 then yes you're getting a 2021MY. If you get the modular painted black top you're going to get your order late, full stop. The 2.7L, door number, Lux package, Sasquatch isn't reliable to say 100% if you'll be delayed.
If you don't get an FE you MIGHT see delays, but because you're Day 1 it MIGHT not matter.

Honestly I wouldn't sweat it. Order what you want and you'll know what to do come May when they send out expected delivery times.

Deleted member 13702

Mine put in writing my place number and their total allocations and gave it to me with my order confirmation. So ?‍♂

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine put in writing my place number and their total allocations and gave it to me with my order confirmation. So ?‍♂
I wonder if they’ll do that for me when I get to the dealer

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure.....but my experience has been it's not they're lying where I'm at, rather they're lying they don't know. I've asked multiple times by phone and email and get "We don't know where you're at in line". That response came directly from the Sales Manager.

Same answer from local dealers I've called around to inquire about a transfer. I'm told they have no idea where I'd fall.

I'm curious as hell to know what possible reason (when encouraged by FoMoCo to disclose) would a dealer have in not telling an early July 14 reservation, who is converting, where they are. Like the tree said to the lumberjack....I'm stumped!

Seems like an awful lot of folks on this forum know their position at their dealer so maybe I'm just not persuasive(or aggressive) enough:)

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure.....but my experience has been it's not they're lying where I'm at, rather they're lying they don't know. I've asked multiple times by phone and email and get "We don't know where you're at in line". That response came directly from the Sales Manager.

Same answer from local dealers I've called around to inquire about a transfer. I'm told they have no idea where I'd fall.

I'm curious as hell to know what possible reason (when encouraged by FoMoCo to disclose) would a dealer have in not telling an early July 14 reservation, who is converting, where they are. Like the tree said to the lumberjack....I'm stumped!

Seems like an awful lot of folks on this forum know their position at their dealer so maybe I'm just not persuasive(or aggressive) enough:)
Right?! I’m wondering how assertive and aggressive I need to be at the dealer. I want to avoid heavy markups and any bullshit. But of course this car is so covered, that I don’t know how much power I really have. This is why I avoid the others like the plague.

but I’ve spent the last 20 years trying to get a broncco both old and new.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what Ford trained the dealers to say...

Ford Bronco Do Dealers Lie about where you are in line? 9E55FB5D-7C52-4393-91A0-8CB68F06081D

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The truth is somewhere in between. They know their current estimations, but have no idea how those numbers will end up in two months when order banks close. As usual, Granger is the standard:

"We don't know your exact "number" in our reservation line. We're going to do our best to tell you where you fall in a relative sense and set realistic expectations. But as I've explained to some on the phone. It's a moving target. Between cancellations, reservation transfers, early reservation holders who are waiting for a 22 MY and customers who we've yet to make contact with, it's a moving target."

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't ask my dealer, but she did blurt out that I might be the first to get one there. Doesn't really matter to me though. If it's early cool, if it's later, that's cool too, I'll just sock more money away.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what Ford trained the dealers to say...

Ford Bronco Do Dealers Lie about where you are in line? 9E55FB5D-7C52-4393-91A0-8CB68F06081D
Yup....used this exact terminology with them. Inside, On, Outside....."We don't know"

My best guess is they're worried if they tell people where they are in allocation they'll hold them to that, which is ridiculous.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mind sharing which dealer? I live in Austin too and placed my order with Truck City Ford in Buda. When I asked what place I was they said "We can't tell, but you're the lowest reservation number we've seen so far" Seemed shady also.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you mind sharing which dealer? I live in Austin too and placed my order with Truck City Ford in Buda. When I asked what place I was they said "We can't tell, but you're the lowest reservation number we've seen so far" Seemed shady also.
Lol why are they surprised? They have a list of all of their reservations and can see them all