Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw in another post someone had a build date of June 21st (what mine says in my email) but they said they weren't planning on taking delivery until the END of August, maybe into September? Is that seriously how long this build and delivery takes? I extended my F150 lease from this past December until June and now am wondering if I need to FURTHER extend it? I planned on going "truckless" for maybe a month..But really? 2-3 months from build week to delivery?

Thoughts and advice appreciated.
Sponsored

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm buying my '19 Honda when the lease is over and trading it on the Bronco. When I checked on the current trade-in value of the Honda it's almost $5,000. more then my buy out price at lease end. Used car values are insane.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw in another post someone had a build date of June 21st (what mine says in my email) but they said they weren't planning on taking delivery until the END of August, maybe into September? Is that seriously how long this build and delivery takes? I extended my F150 lease from this past December until June and now am wondering if I need to FURTHER extend it? I planned on going "truckless" for maybe a month..But really? 2-3 months from build week to delivery?

Thoughts and advice appreciated.
seems like 6-8 weeks from build date is the anticipated delivery window.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm buying my '19 Honda when the lease is over and trading it on the Bronco. When I checked on the current trade-in value of the Honda it's almost $5,000. more then my buy out price at lease end. Used car values are insane.
same exact story. I negotiated my lease for ultra low monthly payments with zero intention to buy my car at the end (June 30th). Decided to have CarMax give me a written offer and it was $5,000 more than the payoff amount...so I wired the money this morning and fully intend to use it for trade (assuming I get a build date soon) or trade for a Jeep now just in case.

What Im finding is that new vehicles are quickly selling even at sticker and in no time at all you wont be able to get much of anything anywhere. The used market is already indicating the direction this is going, and I fully suspect a purchase now to hold you over will have very little to zero effect on the value when it comes time to switch to the Bronco, if you intend to do that still.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. I am in my outback extension as we speak. It take sme through end of August. I will buy it out and trade it in, even if it's needed for a month or two - given KBB is $3-5k over by buy-out. Although what i've learned is that I am at the mercy of my dealer's price if I want the benefit of reducing my taxable value on the trade in. That's the big downside if your locked into your dealer. He could undercut me by $1.5-2k from any other dealer/private party offer, and it will still be a wash to me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Build week of June 21 should be a July delivery. Iā€™m in Canada and they typically expect 3 weeks from build to delivery. Even if your vehicle got held back for quality control it wouldnā€™t add weeks to delivery.
I know right now things may take longer, I canā€™t see it being 6-8 weeks especially within continental US

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
same exact story. I negotiated my lease for ultra low monthly payments with zero intention to buy my car at the end (June 30th). Decided to have CarMax give me a written offer and it was $5,000 more than the payoff amount...so I wired the money this morning and fully intend to use it for trade (assuming I get a build date soon) or trade for a Jeep now just in case.

What Im finding is that new vehicles are quickly selling even at sticker and in no time at all you wont be able to get much of anything anywhere. The used market is already indicating the direction this is going, and I fully suspect a purchase now to hold you over will have very little to zero effect on the value when it comes time to switch to the Bronco, if you intend to do that still.
you bring up a very interesting point here...

I'm an idiot who sold my 2nd car back in Sept in anticipation of getting my Bronco in April... (yup, dumb) and now that things are getting back to normal, my wife is really getting tired of the 4 person 1 car family thing. And with delay after delay, I just don't think I can wait much longer.

But if I follow what you're saying... I might be able to purchase a car now, and then if Ford surprises me and deliveries my Bronco say Sept, I could easily trade that car in and probably not lose much value on it... šŸ¤”

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you bring up a very interesting point here...

I'm an idiot who sold my 2nd car back in Sept in anticipation of getting my Bronco in April... (yup, dumb) and now that things are getting back to normal, my wife is really getting tired of the 4 person 1 car family thing. And with delay after delay, I just don't think I can wait much longer.

But if I follow what you're saying... I might be able to purchase a car now, and then if Ford surprises me and deliveries my Bronco say Sept, I could easily trade that car in and probably not lose much value on it... šŸ¤”
All I can say is the Jeep dealership near me had year old 12k mile Rubicons for the same price as new ones. I will say as a sidenote if I had more money this particular place had *2* 392 Wranglers selling for MSRP ($78k). If you bought one of those now I can guarantee you it will increase in value, its wild.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Build week of June 21 should be a July delivery. Iā€™m in Canada and they typically expect 3 weeks from build to delivery. Even if your vehicle got held back for quality control it wouldnā€™t add weeks to delivery.
I know right now things may take longer, I canā€™t see it being 6-8 weeks especially within continental US
I ā€˜hadā€™ a June 7th build week and was not expecting to see my bronco before the middle or end of July.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All depends on how much walking you want to do.
I wouldnā€™t get rid of my current vehicle until I had another vehicle.

June 28 build week ESTIMATE. Iā€™ll be surprised by delivery before September.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well thanks to all the positive encouragement (LOL!!) I extended my lease into September.
Money I COULD have been spending on my Bronco.
Sponsored