Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
Hi yall,
I wanted to know other's thoughts on the sasquatch package, if B&P shows a true price of $4195 (not including the 10 speed), I feel like the sasquatch package is a great deal for all its goodies. I will be getting a base bronco.

My question is, Do I need it. This bronco will be my daily and I Drive about 15k a year.
do I need the 35-inch tires and higher suspension.

I might go off-roading like once every 6 months or none at all to preserve the bronco. and by off-roading, it means just off the pavement stuff lol no rock crawling.

I know if I get the base I will be adding some KO2's and keep the rims, therefore I say, i might not need the sasquatch and I should just add other options.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you need it? Of course not, do you want it? Most likely. (Cool factor all day long)

Though to add to that, if you go Base, then it'd definitely be a good move. From what I've seen so far (and I could be wrong), the Base ONLY offers the rear locker with the Squatch package (does the locker mean that much to you? Off-roading it certainly could). Also, larger tires, want smaller gear ratio (If I have smaller/bigger correct, always confuse it). If you plan on towing, I'd go with the upgraded gears as well. Only way to get 4.46 gears is to go with 2.3l. Well if you want the 2.3, then you are good there.

So the answer isn't as simple as a yes or no.

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
Do you need it? Of course not, do you want it? Most likely. (Cool factor all day long)

Though to add to that, if you go Base, then it'd definitely be a good move. From what I've seen so far (and I could be wrong), the Base ONLY offers the rear locker with the Squatch package (does the locker mean that much to you? Off-roading it certainly could). Also, larger tires, want smaller gear ratio (If I have smaller/bigger correct, always confuse it). If you plan on towing, I'd go with the upgraded gears as well. Only way to get 4.46 gears is to go with 2.3l. Well if you want the 2.3, then you are good there.

So the answer isn't as simple as a yes or no.
yea i get you, im coming from a mustang, I dont tow or off road at all, I just want the bronco for the bronco. I think I just answered my own question lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you even need a Bronco? Nope. So might as well get the Squatch which you don’t need either:) I’m in the same boat. Mostly on road Driving but I will do a lot of beach driving which doesn’t really require Squatch but why not?

Im leaning towards a Base Mansquatch. Hard to beat capability for the $$. Even if I don’t need Squatch, it will come in at under $40k which Is pretty Amazing for front and rear lockers, 4.7 gears, lift wheels and tires. Squatch will have a better resale value and be more desirable.

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you driven a Wrangler with 35s? They’re not for everyone. But if you like the look and are willing to put up with how they handle then do it.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your my thinking about it now...you’ll always wish you had it if you don’t get it.
This.

I figure that if I do go Sasquatch from the factory, it will be easier are likely less expensive than if I try to do it later on my own.

I had the same regrets on my JK. It was a base Sport with the bare minimum options (A/C, cruise, Uconnect/connectivity package). It had the 3.21 gears and open differentials. I wish I would of waited to find a 3.73/LSD Wrangler.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I say don’t squatch it if you don’t plan on off-roading it. But like you said, it’s a nice package for the money. You can always downsize to 33s when the 35s wear out as well. I may do this myself. Alternatively you can always pass on the squatch and mod it yourself over time to get that look.

As for the long commutes, I’m starting to lean on buying a hoopty for mine (for like $3-5k). I remember putting 160 miles on my truck a day for my first job out of college and it hurt my soul. It just didn’t feel right lol.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think your assumption on price won’t work out, I think you’re assuming it includes auto trans. I look at the 5700 price tag on base and ask, do I really need a $6k off-road package, or could I just add some 33s and maybe wheels and be just as happy. I personally don’t think I’ll be off-road enough to justify the 5700 option

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you even need a Bronco? Nope. So might as well get the Squatch which you don’t need either:) I’m in the same boat. Mostly on road Driving but I will do a lot of beach driving which doesn’t really require Squatch but why not?

Im leaning towards a Base Mansquatch. Hard to beat capability for the $$. Even if I don’t need Squatch, it will come in at under $40k which Is pretty Amazing for front and rear lockers, 4.7 gears, lift wheels and tires. Squatch will have a better resale value and be more desirable.
I think your assumption on price won’t work out, I think you’re assuming it includes auto trans. I look at the 5700 price tag on base and ask, do I really need a $6k off-road package, or could I just add some 33s and maybe wheels and be just as happy. I personally don’t think I’ll be off-road enough to justify the 5700 option
i agree with you,

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you driven a Wrangler with 35s? They’re not for everyone. But if you like the look and are willing to put up with how they handle then do it.
Bronco should be vastly better than that.
Sponsored