First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone's definition of fine is probably different. However, I don't think Ford would release if it wasn't at least close to comparable to the Rubicon with it's 2.0L
That 2.0L turbo though is stronger then their N/A V6. Then you usually see the Jeepers change out gears. I will opt for the larger 2.7L from the start. Of course there will be performance upgrades you can do such as just bolts ons and a tune that can get you up there in power on the 2.3L
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still debating if I want to get the manual or not but if I wasn’t going to go that route, I’d go with the 2.7L with the Sasquatch package. More power is good to have especially moving the bigger tires

Ciz_Bronc_23

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You might want to research what early generation V8s made for power. A lot of those engines are rebuilt and still running today. Plenty of them made waaay less power then the 2.3 and didn't have the capability to tune for more power. You got what you got with them and a lot if them where placed in vehicle's that weighed even more then the Bronco.
Don't forget those big V8 engines weren't really pushed either as far as power. I feel like the 2.3L with some bolt ons and a tune would be pushed and wouldn't last as long before it needs a rebuild. Just my opinion, no facts behind it.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget those big V8 engines weren't really pushed either as far as power. I feel like the 2.3L with some bolt ons and a tune would be pushed and wouldn't last as long before it needs a rebuild. Just my opinion, no facts behind it.
I'm not even talking bolt ons with the 2.3. A simple 93 Octane tune comes standard in the 2.3 in the Mustang from the factory. Installing the same tune in the Bronco is not pushing its limits at all and will give you plenty of power for Off Roading.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t need the 2.7. The 2.3, with the gearing being offered, is completely fine with the Sasquatch package. But, the 2.7 will provide you with a much better driving experience, and effortles, easy torque, both on-road, and off-road. I would get the 2.7.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is also a confusion point for me as have never owned a Ford vehicle. Are people basing the recommendations based on the 2.3L in the Ranger being slow/boring? I was planning on 2.3L + manual (no samsquatch) but assumed that was going to be reasonably quick in a 2 door Bronco.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is also a confusion point for me as have never owned a Ford vehicle. Are people basing the recommendations based on the 2.3L in the Ranger being slow/boring? I was planning on 2.3L + manual (no samsquatch) but assumed that was going to be reasonably quick in a 2 door Bronco.
The 2.3 with the manual will be quick in the configuration your getting. I have a ranger and the 2.3 is not slow/boring. It has plenty of power. Takeoffs are a little slow on the auto as the turbo spools up but that is a trait of most auto/turbo vehicles. I'm either getting the maunal 2.3 or 2.7 auto.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
270 vs 310 hp
The motors aren't that different, performance metrics like 0-60 will not be far apart

Oh jeez will I be ok with just 270 ponies? C'mon man

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you can get the badlands with 33" tires, 2.3 and manual why arent they offering the manual in the Sasquatch package. That doesnt make any sense to me. You could easily throw some 35's on this bronco.....

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can get the badlands with 33" tires, 2.3 and manual why arent they offering the manual in the Sasquatch package. That doesnt make any sense to me. You could easily throw some 35's on this bronco.....
Because the manufacturer only Warrants the manual, to Ford, on products making less that 400 lbs tq.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bronco will have 4.7 gearing with the Sasquatch package. I think the Ranger is 3.73. That will make a difference as well. There are a lot of variables to consider. I really wish we could test drive these things...That would settle everything and we wouldnt have to keep guessing...

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is fleeing the 2.3 Auto Squatch woIf the 2.7 came with the manual, that’s what I would get
Human nature to want more
I’m more worried about remorse if I get the auto over manual on a vehicle like this. Don’t want to get bored like I’m just driving a lifted Explorer.
Sponsored