The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear you, but composite graphite is also here. I currently have an aluminum block.
I had a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3. It was my first non V8 engine. With the performance tune to say I was impressed would be an understatement. Its such a good engine. I did not miss having a v8. It had plenty of power and the car handles like it was in rails. The front end was soooo light.

Its weird. I feel like the 2.3 is actually responsible for making me think different about engines. I was always a V8 guy. I owned everything from Camaro SS's to Challengers and every pickup truck I've owned had big V8s. But the 2.3 changed my mind. I become so interested in squeezing similar power out of such a small engine it become an obsession.

I just think 325hp and 375tq out of a little 140 cubic inch 400 pound 4 cylinder is pretty cool. And with bigger mods 500hp + Its super impressive to me.

And as far as I can tell Ford already worked out any bugs or issues at this point. If they didn't I doubt they would be making it available in the Bronco a vehicle that they are taking very seriously and could possibly save the Company. They would not want any negative press i can promise you that.
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And as far as I can tell Ford already worked out any bugs or issues at this point. If they didn't I doubt they would be making it available in the Bronco a vehicle that they are taking very seriously and could possibly save the Company. They would not want any negative press i can promise you that.
That is diffidently something to ponder.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you on the cost, etc. It is more than just flashing, in addition you can add easy things like an intake and taking off that heavy exhaust system replacing it with a less restrictive one. Frankly, I am quite fine with the power of the 2.3 stock for the Bronco. Catch can and aluminum block on the 2.3 is my issue. Aluminum blocks on some other engines have worked but I am not sure about the 2.3.

Here is the deal, if the 2.3 had the 2.7's block material and direct & port injection I would not hesitate and go with the 2.3. Looking at the hundreds of threads this sums it up.
catch can optional. Will just be some additional maintenance in the future without it. There are millions of DI engines out there Doing just fine.

most aftermarket built motors for high hp applications are aluminum blocks. Whatā€™s the concern?

My only issue with the 2.3 is that itā€™s smaller than the 2.7 and the 2.7 will make more power/more potential with less mods.

Whether I get the 2.3 for the Manual or the 2.7 for a bit more displacement and potential, they will be modded. I would definitely get the 2.7 if it were offered with Manual. Iā€™m afraid of being bored by the automatic 10spd

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
catch can optional. Will just be some additional maintenance in the future without it. There are millions of DI engines out there Doing just fine.

most aftermarket built motors for high hp applications are aluminum blocks. Whatā€™s the concern?

My only issue with the 2.3 is that itā€™s smaller than the 2.7 and the 2.7 will make more power/more potential with less mods.

Whether I get the 2.3 for the Manual or the 2.7 for a bit more displacement and potential, they will be modded. I would definitely get the 2.7 if it were offered with Manual. Iā€™m afraid of being bored by the automatic 10spd
I already have a modded 3.5 putting down serious #s, but I have not seen an newer 3.5 TTs having to throw away the block because of a head gasket issue; it's a gamble if you do not replace the block. Before a troller (not you) responds, I already know Ford fixed the gasket issue on the RS. So I am not against aluminum blocks, just with this motor.
I am really hoping to get the 7M for the 2.7.

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gearing in the sasquatch pkg really helps move it.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs