Sponsored

Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies?

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like a lot of people, I originally had plans to get the manual transmission with the sasquatch package(i like the lift and big tires and go anywhere idea). But we now know that my not be a possibility. For people that are knowledgeable in this department, would I really need the sasquatch package(the bilstein shocks and locking axles)? What exactly are those things for? I don't do rock crawling or extreme terrain like the promo videos. I go camping and hiking a lot, and drive a lot of dirt roads that are rocky and bumpy. I am just better off getting my manual and adding the lift and tires myself Or is the sasquatch package really that great that I should go for the automatic to make sure I get those shocks and locking axles?

I could not find answers on this, So sorry for the dumb questions.
(and no I dont want a Sport or any other vehicle)
Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Like a lot of people, I originally had plans to get the manual transmission with the sasquatch package(i like the lift and big tires and go anywhere idea). But we now know that my not be a possibility. For people that are knowledgeable in this department, would I really need the sasquatch package(the bilstein shocks and locking axles)? What exactly are those things for? I don't do rock crawling or extreme terrain like the promo videos. I go camping and hiking a lot, and drive a lot of dirt roads that are rocky and bumpy. I am just better off getting my manual and adding the lift and tires myself Or is the sasquatch package really that great that I should go for the automatic to make sure I get those shocks and locking axles?

Sounds like the 33" KO2's option would be better and more comfortable for your use cases. :)

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you can get the shocks and locking axles without sasquatch, The Badlands has the HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers and front and rear lockers standard, just with 33 inch tires. Only downside no carpet that I can seee

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you can get the shocks and locking axles without sasquatch, The Badlands has the HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers and front and rear lockers standard, just with 33 inch tires. Only downside no carpet that I can seee
Don't forget that pesky $12k upcharge over the base model.

OP
OP
qwertisk

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thanks for the responses, I should have mentioned I am getting the base model 2 door, I have my mind set on that

im really just wondering if i would even need the sasquatch package, the shocks and locking axles for my lifestyle, I can just add a lift and tires on the base and be good to go?

Sponsored
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can 35 inch tires fit in the badlands stock? YouTube videos of the 2019/2020 ranger with the the 2.3l ecoboost seems to have no problems offroad with 35's. But, that platform uses the automatic. I think the badlands with a 2.3 and a manual would work well with it too.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't need the sasquatch for bumpy diet roads. You'll be fine with the base as-is. I've been banging along shit fireroads and logging roads in a 2wd Ranger for years with (barely) any issues.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a Ford engineer myself I have had the luxury of knowing a bit about what was coming well before the reveal. One of the things that surprised me however was the sasquatch package. I knew we were offering 35's but I thought it was only for the top tier Bronco, similarly I thought the suspension upgrade would be reserved for the top tier Bronco. I knew that we had a direct Rubicon competitor in the "Rock Monster" or Badlands as we call it now which is available with everything except the biggest tire size and slightly upgraded suspension. It is at least available with 33's. I was perfectly happy with this option until the reveal when I was pleasantly surprised (inaccurately) that the big tires could be had on anything! So now I feel robbed, being left with an option I was otherwise already in love with. Its funny, if Ford had made it crystal clear from the start I think the "outrage" would be a small fraction of what it is now, including from myself. There's my rant/background, but to answer your question no, you definitely don't need the sasquatch to have an otherwise competitive if not class leading (aside from sasquatch) vehicle. And as Mike Levine has made clear, if they don't end up offering this package on manual, there will be no shortage of Ford catalog/aftermarket options which could be even better. Just like that giant 2door manual they were showing off. Its easy to complain, but I think the manual will still be a sick offering!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can 35 inch tires fit in the badlands stock? YouTube videos of the 2019/2020 ranger with the the 2.3l ecoboost seems to have no problems offroad with 35's. But, that platform uses the automatic. I think the badlands with a 2.3 and a manual would work well with it too.
I'm not sure if it does stock, but it does with the suspension upgrade which if not available via the sasquatch, should be available through the parts catalog. That said its important to remember that this is based on the new Ranger, not the current Ranger. The limitations of the 2019 Ranger don't necessarily apply.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i cant imagine it would be more than 5k
From the F150/raptor build and price:

$1895 Beadlock capable wheels
$500 Torsen front diff
$420-570 Rear locker for standard F-150

So roughly $3k just for diff and wheel upgrades, and that’s over the Raptor’s standard aluminum wheels, not steelies.

Still need to upgrade the front axle, tires, lift, fender flares, shocks.

I’m betting it will be well north of $5k.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the F150/raptor build and price:

$1895 Beadlock capable wheels
$500 Torsen front diff
$420-570 Rear locker for standard F-150

So roughly $3k just for diff and wheel upgrades.

Still need to upgrade the front axle, tires, lift, fender flares, shocks.

I’m betting it will be well north of $5k.
I wouldn't be surprised, but unlike Raptor I think the take rate for this gear on Bronco either via sasquatch or Ford aftermarket support will boost the economies of scale considerably. We'll see, though I hope we can assume its well under 10k since on the Badlands you basically get Sasquatch kit minus the biggest tires (but instead 33's) plus a bunch of other standard equipment that aint cheap.
Sponsored