Sponsored

Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies?

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like to see Ford offer the 4.70:1 lockers and 33 inch tires with the 7-speed at all trim levels. So, rather than having to chose between a Sasquatch option on a Base model, or jumping several trim levels to the Badlands.....we could just check the option boxes for essential functional items.
Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My question about the Squatch Pack is,
Is that the suspension that will give the smoothest road ride?
I live two miles down a county maintained dirt road, but a drive a fairly large amount on the main roads too. Appreciate the feedback. Really excited to be a part of this.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see Ford offer the 4.70:1 lockers and 33 inch tires with the 7-speed at all trim levels. So, rather than having to chose between a Sasquatch option on a Base model, or jumping several trim levels to the Badlands.....we could just check the option boxes for essential functional items.
This. So much this.

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No you would not need the Sasquatch any trim level would work for your needs. Just kind of depends what you want to spend; and 35's look good so it is on my list!(y)

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m planning to get Sasquatch to open up possibilities, not to limit myself. As of now, I only have a 2013 Escape, and I come close to pushing its limits on some of the “trails” I use to go camping in Tahoe National Forest.

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can 35 inch tires fit in the badlands stock? YouTube videos of the 2019/2020 ranger with the the 2.3l ecoboost seems to have no problems offroad with 35's. But, that platform uses the automatic. I think the badlands with a 2.3 and a manual would work well with it too.
This is the million dollar question. After studying the specs, it appears the Wildtrak(and therefore all Sasquatchs) is only 0.4" higher than the Badlands if you take the tire size out of the equation. That's not the 1.2" lift that I've seen elsewhere. I'm guessing Ford isn't going to come out and say, Yes 35's fit on a regular Badlands but I'm guessing they do just fine. I'm sticking with a manual Badlands and will "Sasquatch" it myself with fender flares and tires.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do you think the squatch pack will cost to add to a base model?

I copied my post from another thread to use in times like this.

My opinion, which some seem to disagree on, is the $3-$4k range for the Sasquatch package. Many people are saying $8-$10k. No way. Look at it this way. There is an almost $7k difference between the Badlands and Wildtrak. When you jump to the Wildtrak you get the 2.7, auto, Sasquatch package, hard top and some other goodies. So there is no way the Sasquatch package alone would cost close to $10k.

jproctor2048

First Name
John Proctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Outback, 1981 Jeep CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like a lot of people, I originally had plans to get the manual transmission with the sasquatch package(i like the lift and big tires and go anywhere idea). But we now know that my not be a possibility. For people that are knowledgeable in this department, would I really need the sasquatch package(the bilstein shocks and locking axles)? What exactly are those things for? I don't do rock crawling or extreme terrain like the promo videos. I go camping and hiking a lot, and drive a lot of dirt roads that are rocky and bumpy. I am just better off getting my manual and adding the lift and tires myself Or is the sasquatch package really that great that I should go for the automatic to make sure I get those shocks and locking axles?

I could not find answers on this, So sorry for the dumb questions.
(and no I dont want a Sport or any other vehicle)
If this market moves like the Jeep market, there will be an abundance of aftermarket lift options. The nice part of getting the Sasquatch package is that it upgrades the front axle and has appropriate gears for the tires. If you would buy a base model and throw on a lift and larger tires, it might be a dog on the low end and you may not ever get to your top gear. In the Jeep market, the stock 3.43 gears usually work well with 33" tires, but there seem to be a consensus that if you want to go to 35" tires you might want bigger gears. Figure $1200 for gears. The Bronco comes standard with a rear Dana 44, but uses a lighter duty axle on the lower packages that come with smaller wheels. They might handle larger tires, but certainly will be more prone to failure.
With open differentials, power is going to go to the wheel with the least resistance, if one tire is in the mud or on ice it will spin and the other tire will not be able to move the vehicle forward. Granted, the Bronco will have 4WD, so it will not get stuck quite as easy as a 2WD vehicle. It's one of those things that you don't need until you need it. The majority of Bronco's sold will probably be fine without locking differentials.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I currently have an Outer Banks reserved and I’ll be daily driving in Miami so not really gonna off-road but I love the look of the Sasquatch package! Does anyone see an issue in getting the Sasquatch package and eventually swapping out the MT’s for AT’s? Would my ride be comfortable having the Sas package with AT’s?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, it is mobility. I doubt that I will ever climb a cliff or intentionally put my new vehicle down a brutal trail just for fun, but I always demand the best ground clearance and suspension possible for the obstacles presented in real life (deep snow, going off road to pass an obstacle, low water crossings, or just to get to an essential destination). The squatch package is a great base for this. (Lift, tires, and gears)

Piecing the Squatch package together is possible, but I want those lower gears in the differentials (as mentioned above). I am concerned that the manual, clutch, and 35s or bigger may not play nice together without that gearing and I really do not want to tear a brand new truck apart to add them.

I could be wrong on how necessary the gears are, but the lower gearing would at least be beneficial in order to maintain the original peppiness of the 2.3 on 35+ tires.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Being a Ford engineer myself I have had the luxury of knowing a bit about what was coming well before the reveal. One of the things that surprised me however was the sasquatch package. I knew we were offering 35's but I thought it was only for the top tier Bronco, similarly I thought the suspension upgrade would be reserved for the top tier Bronco. I knew that we had a direct Rubicon competitor in the "Rock Monster" or Badlands as we call it now which is available with everything except the biggest tire size and slightly upgraded suspension. It is at least available with 33's. I was perfectly happy with this option until the reveal when I was pleasantly surprised (inaccurately) that the big tires could be had on anything! So now I feel robbed, being left with an option I was otherwise already in love with. Its funny, if Ford had made it crystal clear from the start I think the "outrage" would be a small fraction of what it is now, including from myself. There's my rant/background, but to answer your question no, you definitely don't need the sasquatch to have an otherwise competitive if not class leading (aside from sasquatch) vehicle. And as Mike Levine has made clear, if they don't end up offering this package on manual, there will be no shortage of Ford catalog/aftermarket options which could be even better. Just like that giant 2door manual they were showing off. Its easy to complain, but I think the manual will still be a sick offering!

Since you seem to be in the know @TeocaliMG, I was curious about something. You say here the Badlands has a slightly upgraded suspension. Is this upgraded from base ???? ........ or upgrade from the sasquatch ????

My take is the base and non squatch models would have the steel control arms we have seen. It states the sasquatch has high clearance alloy arms. Are these the same on the badlands, seeing how it has most of the sasquatch pack standard, or are the Badlands arms "improved" over the squatch arms ???

Wildtrak track width difference because of wheel offset or "improved" arms here as well ?????

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you seem to be in the know @TeocaliMG, I was curious about something. You say here the Badlands has a slightly upgraded suspension. Is this upgraded from base ???? ........ or upgrade from the sasquatch ????

My take is the base and non squatch models would have the steel control arms we have seen. It states the sasquatch has high clearance alloy arms. Are these the same on the badlands, seeing how it has most of the sasquatch pack standard, or are the Badlands arms "improved" over the squatch arms ???

Wildtrak track width difference because of wheel offset or "improved" arms here as well ?????
I meant that it came standard with the improved position sensitive dampers. Not the slightly bigger control arms, I think that's reserved for the Sasquatch package though I am certain that such chassis parts will be available either as independent options or through a sort of Ford performance catalog. At the very least not unlike Jeeps Mopar catalog

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I meant that it came standard with the improved position sensitive dampers. Not the slightly bigger control arms, I think that's reserved for the Sasquatch package though I am certain that such chassis parts will be available either as independent options or through a sort of Ford performance catalog. At the very least not unlike Jeeps Mopar catalog

Ok thanks, I asked because when you look at this chart is unclear what has what.

Ford Bronco Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies? 1595189578468

Badlands has HOSS system with a dash but yet says HOSS dampers standard.

Plus the Base has HOSS system standard, thought this should say w/sasquatch. wouldn't the base arms be the steel ones???? because I have seen it say "high clearance alloy arms" and I have seen it this way(below) as well.

What comes with the Sasquatch package? This package includes 35-inch-diameter mud terrain tires on 17-inch black high-gloss alloy beadlock-capable wheels, electronic transfer case, electronic-locking front and rear axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, high-clearance suspension that adds up to 1.2 inches of extra lift (1.0-inch front, 1.2-inch rear) and larger fender flares, and heavy-duty position-sensitive Bilstein shock absorbers. Sasquatch, which comes standard on Wildtrak and First Edition, can also be specified for every other Bronco model.

Not trying to be a pest just trying to understand what comes with what since it will be awhile till I see the two side by side in person to tell myself. (y)

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like this is the forum trying to figure how the different suspension variations differ on the different packages
Ford Bronco Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies? 1595191913482

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the million dollar question. After studying the specs, it appears the Wildtrak(and therefore all Sasquatchs) is only 0.4" higher than the Badlands if you take the tire size out of the equation. That's not the 1.2" lift that I've seen elsewhere. I'm guessing Ford isn't going to come out and say, Yes 35's fit on a regular Badlands but I'm guessing they do just fine. I'm sticking with a manual Badlands and will "Sasquatch" it myself with fender flares and tires.
The Badlands has a special suspension compared to other models. We don't know exactly what that means, but may include a small lift. If you compare a 2 door Wildtrak to a Base the math works out correctly for a 1.2 inch lift.
Sponsored