Sponsored

Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies?

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands has a special suspension compared to other models. We don't know exactly what that means, but may include a small lift. If you compare a 2 door Wildtrak to a Base the math works out correctly for a 1.2 inch lift.
The Badlands has the bilsteins but I'm not sure anything else. The Sasquatch has a "high clearance" Suspension which doesn't necessarily mean a lift, just more ground clearance underneath, most likely from arched A-arms or something.

Looking at the spec sheet pdf, the 2 door base is 71.9" high on 30" tires. The Wildtrak is 75.2" on 35" tires. So adding 2.5" from the tire difference to the base would get you to 74.4". So the actual "lift" of the Wildtrak(and therefore Sasq) is only 0.8"(75.2"-74.4"). To confuse it even more, the Badlands is 73.8" high on 33" tires. So if in theory you put 35" tires on a Badlands(without Sasq) the height would be 74.8", 0.4" shorter than the Wildtrak (or any Sasq). So it looks like the Badlands get a 0.4'" lift from the base models (from the bilsteins) and then the Sasquatch package adds another 0.4" lift but with more ground clearance underneath from different suspension components.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands has the bilsteins but I'm not sure anything else. The Sasquatch has a "high clearance" Suspension which doesn't necessarily mean a lift, just more ground clearance underneath, most likely from arched A-arms or something.

Looking at the spec sheet pdf, the 2 door base is 71.9" high on 30" tires. The Wildtrak is 75.2" on 35" tires. So adding 2.5" from the tire difference to the base would get you to 74.4". So the actual "lift of the Wildtrak(and therefore Sasq) is only 0.8"(75.2"-74.4"). To confuse it even more, the Badlands is 73.8" high on 33" tires. So if in theory you put 35" tires on a Badlands(without Sasq) the height would be 74.8", 0.4" shorter than the Wildtrak (or any Sasq). So it looks like the Badlands get a 0.4'" lift from the base models and then the Sasquatch package adds another 0.4" lift but with more ground clearance underneath from different suspension components.
Bear in mind the wildtrak and first edition also come standard with hard top so there is likely some difference there. Honestly I wouldn't try to over think it, just keep telling Ford what you want, for the most part they have delivered. Whether or not they will admit it, there is still flexibility in the options offered so we'll see what happens when the configurator is out!

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bear in mind the wildtrak and first edition also come standard with hard top so there is likely some difference there. Honestly I wouldn't try to over think it, just keep telling Ford what you want, for the most part they have delivered. Whether or not they will admit it, there is still flexibility in the options offered so we'll see what happens when the configurator is out!
All 2 door models only have hard tops which is why I used them to compare. Only reason I'm wasting any time thinking about it is because I can't get a manual Badlands with Sasquatch so I'm trying to figure out the true difference. My hope is you can make your own "Sasquatch" pretty easy with parts available. It would just be much easier for Ford to do it in the first place. But considering adding a paint color causes months of delay I think there's little hope of them changing packages for the '21's.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All 2 door models only have hard tops which is why I used them to compare. Only reason I'm wasting any time thinking about it is because I can't get a manual Badlands with Sasquatch so I'm trying to figure out the true difference. My hope is you can make your own "Sasquatch" pretty easy with parts available. It would just be much easier for Ford to do it in the first place. But considering adding a paint color causes months of delay I think there's little hope of them changing packages for the '21's.
I think my plan right now is to get the manual Badlands and equip it the way I want later, or depending on options, get a lower package and equip more things if cost effective.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 7sp with beadlocks and 35 mud terrains would equal the Sasquatch correct?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Badlands 7sp with beadlocks and 35 mud terrains would equal the Sasquatch correct?

as of right now you can't get the 7MT with the 35's. Badlands the auto and 35's is the same yes.

Sasquatch with 35's makes it an auto only thing for the time being.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost. Add the extended fender flares which will be simple. It's the aluminum "high clearance" suspension components that i'm not sure are on the Badlands. That's what nobody can tell you as of now what the true difference is.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Looking at the spec sheet pdf, the 2 door base is 71.9" high on 30" tires. The Wildtrak is 75.2" on 35" tires. So adding 2.5" from the tire difference to the base would get you to 74.4". So the actual "lift" of the Wildtrak(and therefore Sasq) is only 0.8"(75.2"-74.4"). To confuse it even more, the Badlands is 73.8" high on 33" tires. So if in theory you put 35" tires on a Badlands(without Sasq) the height would be 74.8", 0.4" shorter than the Wildtrak (or any Sasq). So it looks like the Badlands get a 0.4'" lift from the base models (from the bilsteins) and then the Sasquatch package adds another 0.4" lift but with more ground clearance underneath from different suspension components.
315/70/17 are actually 34.4" tall, the 255/70/16 are 30.1". 34.4"-30.1"=4.3"/2=2.15" So 35s are 2.15" taller than 30s. 71.9"+2.15"=74.05" So subtract the height of Wildtrak 75.2"-74.05" and tada, 1.15", round to 1.2".

Do the same with Badlands, 285/70/17 are 32.7-30.1=2.6/2=1.3. 71.9"+1.3"=73.2" Badlands is 73.8", so it has a .6" lift over the base model.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as of right now you can't get the 7MT with the 35's. Badlands the auto and 35's is the same yes.

Sasquatch with 35's makes it an auto only thing for the time being.
I’m saying take off the 33 and add beadlock rims and 35 mt after purchase. Should be Sasquatch right?
Almost. Add the extended fender flares which will be simple. It's the aluminum "high clearance" suspension components that i'm not sure are on the Badlands. That's what nobody can tell you as of now what the true difference is.
Does anyone know if the standard badlands coilovers are the same as the Sasquatch coilovers? We don’t know if the extra height on the wildcat is simply due to the 2 inch tires or the badlands.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

315/70/17 are actually 34.4" tall, the 255/70/16 are 30.1". 34.4"-30.1"=4.3"/2=2.15" So 35s are 2.15" taller than 30s. 71.9"+2.15"=74.05" So subtract the height of Wildtrak 75.2"-74.05" and tada, 1.15", round to 1.2".

Do the same with Badlands, 285/70/17 are 32.7-30.1=2.6/2=1.3. 71.9"+1.3"=73.2" Badlands is 73.8", so it has a .6" lift over the base model.
Nice, thanks. Same outcome though is Badlands is 0.6" taller than base and Sasquatch adds another 0.6" on top of Badlands. We just can't tell how or where in the setup the additional 0.6" from Sasq comes from.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting analysis here. Also remember the Badlands has metal front and rear bumpers which weigh more than plastic and could factor into these comparisons.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice, thanks. Same outcome though is Badlands is 0.6" taller than base and Sasquatch adds another 0.6" on top of Badlands. We just can't tell how or where in the setup the additional 0.6" from Sasq comes from.
My guess is that the Badlands-specific coilovers are a little shorter than the Sasquatch, that's how you'd lift any other vehicle with adjustable coilovers. I'm sure the Bilsteins aren't user adjustable but they could set them to different height from the factory and it wouldn't be a big deal. I doubt Ford added lift pucks to get extra height, but you never know.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that the Badlands-specific coilovers are a little shorter than the Sasquatch, that's how you'd lift any other vehicle with adjustable coilovers. I'm sure the Bilsteins aren't user adjustable but they could set them to different height from the factory and it wouldn't be a big deal. I doubt Ford added lift pucks to get extra height, but you never know.
I was thinking along the same lines. Either a slightly longer spring too could do it. But a cheap and easy way to pick up 0.6" could be a spacer on top of the spring.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you get these numbers? I have not seen any numbers on the badlands base pack.