Sponsored

Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess is that the Badlands-specific coilovers are a little shorter than the Sasquatch, that's how you'd lift any other vehicle with adjustable coilovers. I'm sure the Bilsteins aren't user adjustable but they could set them to different height from the factory and it wouldn't be a big deal. I doubt Ford added lift pucks to get extra height, but you never know.

Don't know about the Bronco's Bilstein's but they do make them.

https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/product/bilstein-b8-5100-ride-height-adjustable/
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Approach angle (degrees)
35.5/43.2
35.5/43.2 (Base/35-inch tires)
Breakover angle (degrees)
21.1/29.0
20.0/26.3 (Base/35-inch tires)
Departure angle (degrees)
29.8/37.2
29.7/37.0 (Base/35-inch tires)
These are base vs Sasquatch numbers. Where are 33 bandlands numbers?

75.2-73.8 is 1.4 difference.
Do we know that the bandlands Sasquatch equals 75.2 height?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Approach angle (degrees)
35.5/43.2
35.5/43.2 (Base/35-inch tires)
Breakover angle (degrees)
21.1/29.0
20.0/26.3 (Base/35-inch tires)
Departure angle (degrees)
29.8/37.2
29.7/37.0 (Base/35-inch tires)
These are base vs Sasquatch numbers. Where are 33 bandlands numbers?

75.2-73.8 is 1.4 difference.
Do we know that the bandlands Sasquatch equals 75.2 height?
The breakover, approach and departure numbers for the Badlands with 33s have not been published as far as I know.

The tires on the Sasquatch package are .8" taller than the 33s on a Badlands, which means the Badlands also must have .6" of suspension lift. Again, we don't know for sure, but I think it's a safe bet that the Sasquatch coilovers replace the special Badlands coilovers and thus has the same height, ground clearance, and angles as any other trim with Sasquatch.

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if Ford is saving a package consisting of; a tuned 2.7 TT, 7MT, Sasquatch, and all the “goodies” for the “Warthog” version? I can see them doing this to compete against the 392 Rubicon. I said it first ;)

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The breakover, approach and departure numbers for the Badlands with 33s have not been published as far as I know.

The tires on the Sasquatch package are .8" taller than the 33s on a Badlands, which means the Badlands also must have .6" of suspension lift. Again, we don't know for sure, but I think it's a safe bet that the Sasquatch coilovers replace the special Badlands coilovers and thus has the same height, ground clearance, and angles as any other trim with Sasquatch.
I'd just really be surprised if there was an entirely different coilover for the Badlands vs Sasq just from a manufacturing and cost standpoint from Ford. My guess is it's the same coilover with some simple lift just for the added 0.6" clearance for the 35's. As much as I'd like to think it's a longer spring with a revalved shock on the Sasq, I just don't think Ford would add that much complexity to a mass produced vehicle.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My guess is that the Badlands-specific coilovers are a little shorter than the Sasquatch, that's how you'd lift any other vehicle with adjustable coilovers. I'm sure the Bilsteins aren't user adjustable but they could set them to different height from the factory and it wouldn't be a big deal. I doubt Ford added lift pucks to get extra height, but you never know.

Do you think the Coilovers will be adjustable? I need the Wildtrak about .25-.50 lower to fit in the garage.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like a lot of people, I originally had plans to get the manual transmission with the sasquatch package(i like the lift and big tires and go anywhere idea). But we now know that my not be a possibility. For people that are knowledgeable in this department, would I really need the sasquatch package(the bilstein shocks and locking axles)? What exactly are those things for? I don't do rock crawling or extreme terrain like the promo videos. I go camping and hiking a lot, and drive a lot of dirt roads that are rocky and bumpy. I am just better off getting my manual and adding the lift and tires myself Or is the sasquatch package really that great that I should go for the automatic to make sure I get those shocks and locking axles?

I could not find answers on this, So sorry for the dumb questions.
(and no I dont want a Sport or any other vehicle)
Hi there is no such thing as dumb question if you don’t know you ask. I myself would like to know more about the locking rear and front lockers . I’m getting a 2 door black diamond and that comes with the rear lockers. I could be wrong but I think once you I gave the lockers it will lock out those wheels from turning wether front or back so all the power will go to the wheels that are t locked out to prevent you from getting stuck.

aaddaamm

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lyon L'Avecaise
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi y'all. First post. I have a tangential question to the OP.

I'm looking at a base 2 door. Probably MT but wouldn't mind if it was AT. I would like the lockers/gearing/suspension upgrades that are part of the Sasquatch package, but honestly I'd prefer to have smaller tires than the 35's. The base model w/ no upgrades is probably going to be fine for my off-road capability needs in reality but I'd like the upgrades in case I get more obsessed than I anticipate and for more assurance and confidence to tackle gnarly stuff.
I much prefer the aesthetics of a 31 - 33" tire. Sort of a more refined sleeper off-roader in my eyes. And cheaper to replace and probably better for my highway miles. Oh and I also actually prefer the looks of the aesthetics of the steelies over the alloy Squatch rims.

So would my best option be adding those options a la carte to the base model, or think a dealer might be willing to swap some smaller AT tires on for me if I pay for the Sasquatch?

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Squatch is easily within your budget, get it and either drive out the 35's and replace with 33's ....or sell the Squatch tires and rims and buy new aftermarket. There will be buyers lining up for them on the Bronco boards.
You will NEVER beat all the engineering that Ford put into the Squatch package....at least not for anywhere near $5k

Honestly , from a mechanical/drivning/fuel milegage perspective, your concerns are going to be minimal when comparing 33's to 35's. Either way, a small amount of lift is needed, and the gears have been selected to keep the engine very happy, and the tires both have pretty wide section widths.

Unti we get more info, Squatching a Manual Base seems to be a hell of a bargain compared to the Badlands or Squatched Black Diamond right now.

aaddaamm

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lyon L'Avecaise
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. That makes sense and I agree it seems worth it t just go for Sasquatch even if I wanted to “downgrade” the wheels. Good to hear that there will probably be good resale opportunity for the 35s if I aftermarket some 32s or 33s.

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like a lot of people, I originally had plans to get the manual transmission with the sasquatch package(i like the lift and big tires and go anywhere idea). But we now know that my not be a possibility. For people that are knowledgeable in this department, would I really need the sasquatch package(the bilstein shocks and locking axles)? What exactly are those things for? I don't do rock crawling or extreme terrain like the promo videos. I go camping and hiking a lot, and drive a lot of dirt roads that are rocky and bumpy. I am just better off getting my manual and adding the lift and tires myself Or is the sasquatch package really that great that I should go for the automatic to make sure I get those shocks and locking axles?

I could not find answers on this, So sorry for the dumb questions.
(and no I dont want a Sport or any other vehicle)

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bandlands, Sasquatch, MT, high interior with leather.

I'm trying to convince myself that even though this will push me to late 2021 that'll give Ford time to fix any kinks that emerge.

I really want the factory lift. If I can add that as a stand alone option would that still push me back to late 2021 with the Squatch MT crowd???
Besides the tires and lift what are we paying for adding the squatch to a badlands??
Sponsored