Sponsored

Do I need the Sasquatch package for my hobbies?

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the F150/raptor build and price:

$1895 Beadlock capable wheels
$500 Torsen front diff
$420-570 Rear locker for standard F-150

So roughly $3k just for diff and wheel upgrades, and that’s over the Raptor’s standard aluminum wheels, not steelies.

Still need to upgrade the front axle, tires, lift, fender flares, shocks.

I’m betting it will be well north of $5k.
And well south of $12k
Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I forgot to add the automatic trans that the Squatch requires but Badlands doesn’t.

Another $1-2k maybe?

Madsjim

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 XLT 5. 0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like a lot of things in life, it all comes down to your budget. A Big Bend would give you a little bit more comfort and better wheels, over base. and be totallly off road worthy. The only reason to order a base, is to have a total DIY experience, or because you really really want front/rear lockers while staying under 40K.

For my use I could go Base+Sasquatch+auxiliary switches (and forced into the auto, at which point I would go 2.7), or Black Diamond with it's standard package. Both will likely be in the same price range.

If they are the same price range, I would go Black Diamond all day long because I really only need a rear locker, and I get vinyl seats, rubber floor, skid plates, and auxiliary switches anyways. I would be happy with 32 inch tires (since they are cheaper to replace), and would have a ton of fun with the manual 2.3 turbo.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And well south of $12k
Yeah but how many guys are going to pick zero other options? Tack on squatch and just a few other things and you’d be in badlands territory.

Sponsored

madj613

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like a lot of things in life, it all comes down to your budget. A Big Bend would give you a little bit more comfort and better wheels, over base. and be totallly off road worthy. The only reason to order a base, is to have a total DIY experience, or because you really really want front/rear lockers while staying under 40K.

For my use I could go Base+Sasquatch+auxiliary switches (and forced into the auto, at which point I would go 2.7), or Black Diamond with it's standard package. Both will likely be in the same price range.

If they are the same price range, I would go Black Diamond all day long because I really only need a rear locker, and I get vinyl seats, rubber floor, skid plates, and auxiliary switches anyways. I would be happy with 32 inch tires (since they are cheaper to replace), and would have a ton of fun with the manual 2.3 turbo.
Most people really only need what the Big Bend offers: bigger tires and some small creature comforts.

What makes the Squatch package so amazing, is that it appeared to offer a way, however rare or seldom used it would be, to have a true old-school, hardcore 4x4 that could be bought for under $40k with a manufacturer's warranty. This would cement the Bronco's superiority over the Wrangler for the smaller subset of buyers who actually want to use the vehicle the way Ford is marketing it (desert running, gnarly rock-crawling). Not having manual available with it, means Ford is literally telling the enthusiasts who understand what a crawler gear is, "sorry, but we only made that for marketing purposes."

The Badlands, guaranteed, will never be found on a dealer's lot selling for the advertised low end price. It's going to be 4 door, optioned out and pushing north of $50k.

Squatch made it possible to do everything (minus a few really niche things) that a Badlands could do for waaaaay cheaper.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I
Yeah but how many guys are going to pick zero other options? Tack on squatch and just a few other things and you’d be in badlands territory.
I 100% want base+squatch+manual and literally nothing else. Zero options.
To answer the OP, you can do the dirt road and camping you described in a Honda Civic. It's less about what you NEED and more about WANT. The Sasquatch sounds like such an amazing deal, there will be a ton of 35s rolling around everywhere... Unless its like a 10K+ option or something

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

this why I went OBX so hoping it works to be a better $ option

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a Ford engineer myself I have had the luxury of knowing a bit about what was coming well before the reveal. One of the things that surprised me however was the sasquatch package. I knew we were offering 35's but I thought it was only for the top tier Bronco, similarly I thought the suspension upgrade would be reserved for the top tier Bronco. I knew that we had a direct Rubicon competitor in the "Rock Monster" or Badlands as we call it now which is available with everything except the biggest tire size and slightly upgraded suspension. It is at least available with 33's. I was perfectly happy with this option until the reveal when I was pleasantly surprised (inaccurately) that the big tires could be had on anything! So now I feel robbed, being left with an option I was otherwise already in love with. Its funny, if Ford had made it crystal clear from the start I think the "outrage" would be a small fraction of what it is now, including from myself. There's my rant/background, but to answer your question no, you definitely don't need the sasquatch to have an otherwise competitive if not class leading (aside from sasquatch) vehicle. And as Mike Levine has made clear, if they don't end up offering this package on manual, there will be no shortage of Ford catalog/aftermarket options which could be even better. Just like that giant 2door manual they were showing off. Its easy to complain, but I think the manual will still be a sick offering!
My big complaint was that Ford stated Sasquatch for any trim. Then they took that away if you want the stick. It’s not any trim now it’s any auto.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I

I 100% want base+squatch+manual and literally nothing else. Zero options.
To answer the OP, you can do the dirt road and camping you described in a Honda Civic. It's less about what you NEED and more about WANT. The Sasquatch sounds like such an amazing deal, there will be a ton of 35s rolling around everywhere... Unless its like a 10K+ option or something
Can I send this to Levine?

Sponsored

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aftermarket lifts and suspension upgrades will be expensive for a few years and dealers will claim it voids ur warranty... So it is a gigantic deal that u can't get squatch and a MT

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What do you think the squatch pack will cost to add to a base model?
my guess is $4-5k for the Squatch. Plus a thousand for the Auto.
I’m wishing Badlands was in the cards for me.
Sponsored