First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scat Pak
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messaged my dealer telling him i wanted to switch to a Badlands, he told me I would have to cancel my order and put in a reservation for 2023. I thought I had till May 10th? True or False?
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on if you have been assigned a VIN. If you have not been assigned a VIN you have up until you get a VIN assigned to change your order. Your dealer is uninformed, Unless things have changed and Ford hasn't told the public.

Reactions: abe

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not aware of the date May 10th representing any significant date in Bronco land

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was wondering something similar.. If I opt to now NOT wait for the black mod top..can I still get a 2021 model year?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't sound right. I literally just emailed my dealership this morning (albeit, a small change) to switch from Carbonized Grey to Antimatter Blue. They processed the change without issue, provided an updated Vehicle Order Confirmation, and will send me an updated DORA tomorrow.

Unless you have a build date and VIN, you should be able to update your order.

Sponsored

Pviggy

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I added sasquatch package to my original order on 3/22. Received my Vin on 4/22 with no Sasquatch package!
Had dealer look into it and called Ford myself. Was told any changes after3/19 would not be accepted. Seems my dealer was not aware of this.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a base 4 door hard top and am tempted to change it to a soft top in hopes of an early delivery.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added sasquatch package to my original order on 3/22. Received my Vin on 4/22 with no Sasquatch package!
Had dealer look into it and called Ford myself. Was told any changes after3/19 would not be accepted. Seems my dealer was not aware of this.
This would be extremely disturbing if it is indeed the case. (not doubting Ford told Pviggy exactly what was reported, they are not always.... consistent with information is all). My order is unchanged since before the 19th, so I have no dog in this fight. Having said that, my guess is that it was VIN locked and that is why there are no changes. Sounds like maybe your dealer did not update your order on 3/22.

Pviggy

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats what I was thinking until Ford told me they had they confirmed the SAS package was added on 3/22!( but never denied the change request!) My dealer seemed unaware that the change wasn't accepted until I expressed my concern and he contacted his Ford rep. I also saw the emails between my dealer and their Ford rep confirming it couldn't be added.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats what I was thinking until Ford told me they had they confirmed the SAS package was added on 3/22!( but never denied the change request!) My dealer seemed unaware that the change wasn't accepted until I expressed my concern and he contacted his Ford rep. I also saw the emails between my dealer and their Ford rep confirming it couldn't be added.
That seems strange - Anyone here with a VIN already run into a similar situation? I'd be pissed off if that was the case. That's why I asked for an updated Vehicle Order Confirmation and an updated DORA when I processed my colour change. If the DORA shows the updates, I don't fully understand why they would say it couldn't be updated after that date. Something doesn't add up for me on this...

Sponsored

Pviggy

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed! Doesn't make sense to me either, and I am pissed! Have you received a VIN and if so does it show the correct options when you track it?

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not correct at all. I swapped from a badlands to a WildTrak on 4/9. No issues at all. Your dealer just screwed up. I have since received my VIN and am scheduled for the week of 6/21 for build.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed! Doesn't make sense to me either, and I am pissed! Have you received a VIN and if so does it show the correct options when you track it?
For my build, I have not received a VIN/build date. I just changed my colour to AMB this morning actually, so I received the updated VOC and the dealership will email me a copy of the updated DORA tomorrow once Ford receives my updated order. If the DORA shows the change, I don't understand why it wouldn't be built that way.

When you did your change, did you get a DORA or even a VOC?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering something similar.. If I opt to now NOT wait for the black mod top..can I still get a 2021 model year?
Yes, but Ford had stayed that reservations converted after 3/19 would not be eligible for the first quarter of builds.

As far as changing already converted orders, unless there was a policy change this past week, orders can be modified up until a VIN is assigned (I changed to a manual 2 weeks ago on a submitted build).

Pviggy

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No DORA just the VOC. Just emailed dealer for copy of DORA.
Always weary of the dealers but Ford telling me directly that no changes accepted after 3/19 and showing the change order received on 3/22 has me thinking it may not be the dealer.

I'd love to hear from anyone who made a change after 3/19 that has a VIN/build that shows that change
Sponsored