Sponsored

Do MIC hard tops still have production problems?

bigburchlpn

Base
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Base Sasquatch, 2.3I. Bummin’ Rides for now.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is there still a production problem with the 4 door hard tops? Considering changing my order from a 2D to 4D because Ford has dang near abandoned the 2D. I also kind of need it quick (I know, long shot haha) so if the soft top gets it quicker then great but I would prefer the hard top!
Any info will help!
Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is a my dealer said thing….

But, I had several dealers tell me they did not think the hard tops were holding up the builds anymore. They both stated that the chips were the new hold up and not to worry about the hard top.

I was just out driving some of the dealer demos to try and decide on options if I was going to reorder a 2023 at some point later in the year. I kinda though they might not have as many demos later since they would be able to sell most before order banks open again.

Not that it matters to me. I’m a soft top person all the way. Most of the time in the south mine will be down unless it’s raining.

On a side note, I drove several with the soft top and hard top. Did not notice a huge difference in sound between the two. Both are pretty loud to be honest. I have two wranglers now and they are number 4 and 5 in a long line of off the things.

The hard top does look a lot better to my eye with the top on and off though. Just hard to commit to all day topless or take off the hard top while out of town on vacation.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
...I also kind of need it quick (I know, long shot haha)...
I saw in another thread where you ordered on 1/20/22. The odds are that you may be getting a 2023 model. I ordered 9 days after you and fully expect mine to take that long. Or you may be one of the lucky winners who get a fast build date. Who really knows? LOL!

I'd say the fastest build would be a 4-door softtop with 2.3L engine. Good luck!

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay the 22.5MY price increase to make a change involving number of doors.
Sponsored

Last edited: