Sponsored

Do middle roof panels and doors all fit in the cargo trunk?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like there are "freedom panels" above both rows of seats on the four door that look very easy to remove. Removing those will just leave the cover on the trunk. The trunk piece looks to be the heavy one, but it feels like you could leave it on and still get a really good open air experience.

It would be sweet if the "freedom panels" and doors fit inside the covered trunk. That way you get open air while still having everything you need in the bronco to piece it back together on the road.

Do we know if this is possible?
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems like there are "freedom panels" above both rows of seats on the four door that look very easy to remove. Removing those will just leave the cover on the trunk. The trunk piece looks to be the heavy one, but it feels like you could leave it on and still get a really good open air experience.

It would be sweet if the "freedom panels" and doors fit inside the covered trunk. That way you get open air while still having everything you need in the bronco to piece it back together on the road.

Do we know if this is possible?
The roof panels would have to be on a fair bit of an angle to fit and the images I've seen the doors look to fill most of the cargo area.

You may be able to stuff it all in there but I doubt it would work well.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No chance.

You'll want some sort of soft top (like a trektop?) that rolls or wads up into some bag that can be attached to the sports bar rear pillars.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you read any Jeep brochures or manuals, they state that doors off are for off road only, wink, wink. I guess they expect owners to leave the doors at the trail head because there is no storage provision in the Jeep.

I guess Ford will have the same disclaimer and then reference how to store them in the rear. There is no way I would go off road with the doors in the back of the Bronco.

In reference to the top panels, Jeep provides storage bags to transport the freedom panels. Hopefully Ford will provide some sort of protection bags for their tops. I do not see how you could store the doors and panels at the same time.

Sponsored

05retro

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 1500, prior 71,74,78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd much prefer ability to safely store freedom panels vs doors. If I"m taking the doors off I'm fully committed but many times it's a trip to town for errands on seemingly nice summer day only to get caught by a downpour so having the freedom panels with me is key.

Also nice for security reasons carrying laptops and cameras to be able to quickly put the top panels back on.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the jeep if you remove the freedom panels (driver/passenger) front row and store them in the transport bag, they need to be stood upright in the back. They have a strap that goes around the headrests in the second row to keep them upright.

The only downside is this eliminates 95% of visibility from the rear view mirror. You need to use your side mirrors when driving. You will see nothing behind you when they are in place through the rear view mirror. The rear view camera still works when going in reverse. I would expect the Bronco to be similar when storing the modular panels.

Maybe they lay flat and my assumption is incorrect. Anybody know how they sit when stored for sure?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn't make much sense to plan on putting all that stuff in the back to bang around. Certainly won't be doing it off road. Do people ever take anything with them, cause that's got to go somewhere.

The ability to store something in the back seems a non issue one way or the other as the practicality will be limited.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you read any Jeep brochures or manuals, they state that doors off are for off road only, wink, wink. I guess they expect owners to leave the doors at the trail head because there is no storage provision in the Jeep.

I guess Ford will have the same disclaimer and then reference how to store them in the rear. There is no way I would go off road with the doors in the back of the Bronco.

In reference to the top panels, Jeep provides storage bags to transport the freedom panels. Hopefully Ford will provide some sort of protection bags for their tops. I do not see how you could store the doors and panels at the same time.
Why wouldn’t you go off road with the doors in the back?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't make much sense to plan on putting all that stuff in the back to bang around. Certainly won't be doing it off road. Do people ever take anything with them, cause that's got to go somewhere.

The ability to store something in the back seems a non issue one way or the other as the practicality will be limited.
When the Car is full of people and stuff, there won;t be any space for the Roof to go in the back, had to leave them somewhere, can only be used when there are no more then 2-3 occupants and keep the roof panels in the back storage.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It will all fit inside, if you get creative.

Ford Bronco Do middle roof panels and doors all fit in the cargo trunk? 1596462538756

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why wouldn’t you go off road with the doors in the back?
I would not want to take the chance they would get damaged when you go over rough terrain. They will get bounced around. In addition, the doors will occupy all of your cargo space.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please tell me that"freedom" panels are a Jeep thing and not what ford calls them........
Sponsored