TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious if orders affect a dealers allocation? I understand the logic behind allocations…no sense sending 100 of a vehicle to a dealer that might only sell 2 a month, but if a dealer is only allocated 2 Broncos, but happen to get 50 orders, it seems odd if those people at the end of the line are waiting forever.
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curious if orders affect a dealers allocation? I understand the logic behind allocations…no sense sending 100 of a vehicle to a dealer that might only sell 2 a month, but if a dealer is only allocated 2 Broncos, but happen to get 50 orders, it seems odd if those people at the end of the line are waiting forever.
Yes, they are left wtg until allocation is available and commodities are available and fir as long as that takes. As a prior small dealer we experienced this sadly often especially on raptors and other limited products. When allocation came out originally retail orders were not supposed to be affected by allocation. But im sure dealers cheated this and regardless Ford quickly changed it. No allocation no build. So if dealer doesn't have allocation the retail order will sit there until they do. If allocation doesn't come the vehicle won't be built.

Anyone sitting way down the line at a dealer with limited allocation better be patient or move on, as it could be a long, long wait.

Last edited:

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I agree with that one.
I was told I was at/about 23rd on list. But I have not heard of 1 single delivery yet to a customer.
Dealership does have 2 demos.
They are utilizing them properly from my perspective.
On the other hand, I have only been waiting 11 months.
Not 560 ish days like many of you.

OP
OP

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are. As a prior small dealer we experienced this sadly often especially on raptors and other limited products. When allocation came out originally retail orders were not supposed to be affected by allocation. But im sure dealers cheated this and regardless Ford quickly changed it. No allocation no build. So if dealer doesn't have allocation the retail order will sit there until they do. If allocation doesn't come the vehicle won't be built.

Anyone sitting way down the line at a dealer with limited allocation better be patient or move on, as it could be a long, long wait.
I wonder if the Bronco order tracking process I heard Ford was implementing changes this at all? I know they were trying to eliminate dealers placing orders as “customers” who bailed, just to sell as a dealer stock vehicle.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder if the Bronco order tracking process I heard Ford was implementing changes this at all? I know they were trying to eliminate dealers placing orders as “customers” who bailed, just to sell as a dealer stock vehicle.
No. If a dealer doesn't have allocation they still don't get the order pulled. It's why the small dealer is going away as did the small appliance store, shoe store, etc. Hard to sell and move units when you can't get them. Pushes you toward the high volume store as their access to product gets you a vehicle sooner. On lower popular models you are probably okay, but the higher the demand the less likely to see it at a dealer with limited allocation. Kinda sad but it's reality and I also understand why a manufacturer would reward the dealer selling more product for them.

The world of retail has become "turn to earn"!!!

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On raptors and things we knew we would never see, we actually had to and did send some customers to higher volume dealer friends so they'd actually get them. Or the other dealer would order them for us and dealer trade them to us upon arrival and we'd split the hold back for them helping us. Couldn't do it often as that took an order from their allocation so this only happened when we really needed a favor and they could help us.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The name match requirement had been around since the very beginning. In fact, it had previously been more stringent in it's percentage requirements. Ford decided to "market" the process again as there was some public outcry regarding shady dealers. Make no mistake, Ford is on the side of the shady dealers while trying to save face in the media. None of this changes orders coming from dealer allocation. In fact, Ford changed the allocation process starting with the '22s to reduce allocation to the dealers that were charging less than MSRP and thus had lots of orders. The end user is the last thing Ford is concerned about.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if a dealer is only allocated 2 Broncos, but happen to get 50 orders, it seems odd if those people at the end of the line are waiting forever.
Odd is one word for it.

This is exactly how it works, and has been the number one complaint on this site since last October, when Ford changed the allocation formula to exacerbate this problem.

Also making the problem worse, Ford has made it virtually impossible to move existing orders to a different dealer, and now they are telling dealers to shut up about their allocation numbers.
Sponsored