First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, I totally get that and it makes perfect sense. I guess OCD tendencies and my Math teacher brain struggles when someone says they are 17 out of 38, when in truth, it’s more likely, “I might be 57ish out of 97kinda.” I guess this is my issue. 🤷‍♂️
There’s meds for that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a weird interaction with my dealer today. He claims that there’s going to be a big delay on all Broncos, even reservations that were made early and do not contain any of the already mentioned constrained items. (On this forum).

My dealer (supposedly) has around 100 confirmed allocations for their customers in 2021, but he seems to think that nobody is getting a bronco till at least Q4. He cites things like silicon issues. Particularly chipsets for electronics. As the new corporate. So at first it was the painted hardtop. Then leather. Then black interior. Then it was Sasquatch package. And now it’s apparently electronics.

at this rate I’m expecting to get the car in 2023 despite having a 7/13 time stamp. 🤷‍♂️
Yikes!! So far dealers have been over promising, but now you’re saying they are being pessimistic. I never should have asked about allocations. 😢

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't believe it. Ford would have said something if it would be delayed another 4+ months. Not to have a single Bronco built/delivered by September is unbelievable.
Pretty sure if this were true there would be an announcement or Job 1 change by now. Mass production is still scheduled for March. Anything else is just speculation.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a weird interaction with my dealer today. He claims that there’s going to be a big delay on all Broncos, even reservations that were made early and do not contain any of the already mentioned constrained items. (On this forum).

My dealer (supposedly) has around 100 confirmed allocations for their customers in 2021, but he seems to think that nobody is getting a bronco till at least Q4. He cites things like silicon issues. Particularly chipsets for electronics. As the new corporate. So at first it was the painted hardtop. Then leather. Then black interior. Then it was Sasquatch package. And now it’s apparently electronics.

at this rate I’m expecting to get the car in 2023 despite having a 7/13 time stamp. 🤷‍♂️
Unless your specific dealer said, “I’m full of :poop:, so you can’t believe anything I say,” then he was probably lying to you.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This forum should show that there is a lot of speculation. Most dealers are lacking information, and to many are providing false information to future Bronco owners. If you really want to know what is going on, check the dealers on here that are reputable. They have provided us information that has been on point.

As far as the allocations, I believe most of us understand that the allocations are very much just a very basic estimate at this point. You could be #1 out of 1000 and still not get a MY21. Okay maybe an exaggerated example but you get the point. Until May no one will really know where they are in line.

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This forum should show that there is a lot of speculation. Most dealers are lacking information, and to many are providing false information to future Bronco owners. If you really want to know what is going on, check the dealers on here that are reputable. They have provided us information that has been on point.

As far as the allocations, I believe most of us understand that the allocations are very much just a very basic estimate at this point. You could be #1 out of 1000 and still not get a MY21. Okay maybe an exaggerated example but you get the point. Until May no one will really know where they are in line.
After my conversation today with my dealer here in Austin, I am on the verge of not moving forward with my order - which I haven’t placed yet, and moving my reservation to a different dealer. I feel like the sales people at my dealership are idiots.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said they have 82 allocations and I'm #110. They've already converted my order to a "99" which basically holds my place. It also conveniently stops me from switching to another dealer.... Anyways, should I go ahead and give my dealer an actual order of the Bronco I want and he can replace the "99" with my real order? Or is there zero chance I get a 2021? Suggestions?

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After my conversation today with my dealer here in Austin, I am on the verge of not moving forward with my order - which I haven’t placed yet, and moving my reservation to a different dealer. I feel like the sales people at my dealership are idiots.
I switched my dealership because the original one was horrible. I contacted 5 other dealers 4 were great and honest. One of the 4 was knowledgeable about the Bronco other 3 not so much but didn't hide it or feed me a line. None of the 4 were gonna charge over MSRP. I went with the second most knowledgeable which is also the closest one. I have been super happy with them. They asked me a few questions about the Bronco but got up to speed quickly. And the other never got back to me.

Out of my dealings with the dealerships 4 out of 6 were not an issue. Not horrible numbers, definitely room for improvement though. The way I look at it, if you are not happy move your reservation. Especially if before the September date because it hurts them in allocation because conversion falls.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said they have 82 allocations and I'm #110. They've already converted my order to a "99" which basically holds my place. It also conveniently stops me from switching to another dealer.... Anyways, should I go ahead and give my dealer an actual order of the Bronco I want and he can replace the "99" with my real order? Or is there zero chance I get a 2021? Suggestions?
You literally have nothing to lose by putting your actual order in.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I knew what would be best for you, but I don’t. What I’ve seen on this forum are one or two reputable dealers that share detailed and thorough information. They are saying that Ford hasn’t given exact allocation numbers. I believe them. Contrast that with all the people that are coming on here saying what a dealer told them, but those dealers aren’t on here sharing anything publicly or that can be quoted and used against them later. I’m just cynical of most car dealers.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is there to lose? Why would your dealer put it at 99 without you requesting a hold....unless they are entering orders they want filled for their preferred people, and holding the rest while still having them in to count for allocation? Your dealer is either ignorant or gaming things.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, I totally get that and it makes perfect sense. I guess OCD tendencies and my Math teacher brain struggles when someone says they are 17 out of 38, when in truth, it’s more likely, “I might be 57ish out of 97kinda.” I guess this is my issue. 🤷‍♂️
Like saying 22/7 is close enough for pi lol

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was one of the first 5000 orders based on my reservation number of 101188XX. I am not shocked one bit my dealer told me I am number 1 in their allocation.
Since we know order numbers are not sequential, how do you know you‘re one of the first 5000? Is this an assumption on your part or a guess?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we know order numbers are not sequential, how do you know you‘re one of the first 5000? Is this an assumption on your part or a guess?
Noted. But given I had a reservation within 2 hours of launch with the site crashing all around me on 7/13 by 10PM EST, I would say its pretty safe to assume I can believe them when they tell me I am still allocation number 1 with my dealership.

Edit: I also hold a FE reservation.
Sponsored