Sponsored

Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification? If not, why not?

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MontyMoose

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've read that swapping the tube steps to the opposite sides will create enough room for mud flaps to be installed on the front. Can anyone confirm this?
Unfortunately, this won't work for the 4-door models. Unless I completely missed something when I swapped my rock rails for tube steps, the way the tube steps mount is side-specific. Each step has two welded-on brackets near the rear door end and one near the front door. This MIGHT work for a 2-door model, but I can't say for sure.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've searched high and low, here and Google, and can't figure out why I can't find splash guards or mud flaps for my Sas OBX with tube steps. Below is not my rig, but shows why I'm seeking these. This can't be a rare configuration, so I can't understand why there isn't a @Ford Motor Company or third party solution yet. I saw one post that suggested cutting off part of the tube step to allow one pair to fit, but I am not doing that. Point me in the right direction if I've missed something. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? 1636412129781
From what I’ve read, the aftermarket hasn’t had enough time to develop an ideal solution. The numerous configurations doesn’t make it any easier. I’m sure within the next few months, proper fitting splash guards will be offered. There sure is a market for them, including myself.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From what I’ve read, the aftermarket hasn’t had enough time to develop an ideal solution. The numerous configurations doesn’t make it any easier. I’m sure within the next few months, proper fitting splash guards will be offered. There sure is a market for them, including myself.
There is undoubtedly a huge market for flaps for these vehicles. Unreal that no mud flap mfgr has tapped that market yet.

WLDTRK

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got tube steps and sasquatch and I can confirm that just driving on normal road conditions there is a need for something here. It wouldnt take much to make something for tubes+sas because the gap is small. I want something with a low profile that just contours from fender to tube step. Following this thread and praying someone has a solution quickly before I chip some paint...

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going the trimmed & cut generic mud flap route until the aftermarket catches up.

This thread inspired it: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ps-already-diy-mod-to-avoid-rock-chips.27702/
Yeah, my specific problem is the tube steps. Saw this thread, which may be a temporary solution, but I think it looks like a cheap afterthought. Need a solution that blends in well with the fender flares and tube step.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-mudflaps-on-sasquatch-with-step-bars.29367/

Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my Bronco last night, did the cheap, temporary flaps hack after work today.

There's a new road being built in my neighborhood so I drove slowly through the slightly muddy dirt road to see how they perform.

In short, doesn't solve the problem completely, but I'm still glad they're there because it would have been much worse had they not been.

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? 20211130_172249

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? 20211130_172252

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? 20211130_172302

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? 20211130_172307

Yielar

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same problem. Wildtrak with OEM sidestep and the Gatorback front mud guards aren't compatible since there isn't enough room. I think I'm going to remove the front cap on my sidesteps and cut about 3-4 inches off on both sides and simply reattach cap. There's zero reason the sidestep needs to come that far up towards the tire. Then I'll have enough clearance to install. Would like to see what Rokblok comes out with as well

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That picture is almost what the side of mine looks like after city/highway driving... so front mud flaps seem like a requirement.

I ordered the factory ones and have them installed OK on the rears. With the larger Sas flares, the fronts do not fit. I knew they were designed for the standard flares, but I am hoping to trim them to see if I can get them installed until a proper solution exists.

If successful, I will post the result.
I ordered a BL ManSas. But I want to swap the Sas flares for the nonSas flares. Will the front guards fit with the smaller nonSas fender flares?

Yielar

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a BL ManSas. But I want to swap the Sas flares for the nonSas flares. Will the front guards fit with the smaller nonSas fender flares?
As someone who has their Bronco with a Sasquatch package you may be rethinking the idea of downsizing your fenders. They help prevent rock chips not to mention dirt and mud from flying all over your panels
Sponsored