Do we have a Badlands CTI score yet?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wondering if anyone has heard of or seen a Bronco on a Corner Travel Index trailer yet... I'm curious to see what it will score. A stock Jeep JL scores 640 and that's an interesting baseline. But it will also help us understand how much more we can get out of a Bronco as we see built rigs hitting the trailer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ramp travel index (Badlands only)
(Sta-Bar connected and disconnected)
2 door - 560/700
4 door - 500/620
Interested in CTI…. RTI is inconsistent. I’ve been on RTI ramps 3 times with 3 different scores and CTI trailer 2 times with the identical scores both times.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interested in CTI…. RTI is inconsistent. I’ve been on RTI ramps 3 times with 3 different scores and CTI trailer 2 times with the identical scores both times.

What is a CTI trailer that is different from a standard RTI ramp?

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is a CTI trailer that is different from a standard RTI ramp?
A CTI trailer or now they have CTI pads, measures total suspension travel at 2 corners and then is multiplied to get a score, it can even be drilled down to get certified score. Below is a bit of a descriptive video using the pads followed by a trailer video.

I scored an 820 with my 4dr. I don't have a photo on the trailer (I'm a dumbass), but I have it flexing in the wild...

Ford Bronco Do we have a Badlands CTI score yet? IMG_4428.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A CTI trailer or now they have CTI pads, measures total suspension travel at 2 corners and then is multiplied to get a score, it can even be drilled down to get certified score. Below is a bit of a descriptive video using the pads followed by a trailer video.

I scored an 820 with my 4dr. I don't have a photo on the trailer (I'm a dumbass), but I have it flexing in the wild...

Ford Bronco Do we have a Badlands CTI score yet? IMG_4428.JPG

Thanks, thought that's what is was but hadn't heard it called that. I have a set of ramps at the shop to do just that, but not easily adjustable. Inconsistency on an RTI ramp can be because of different tire pressures, or driving closer to the edge of the ramp. If pressures are the same, and keep off the edge of the ramp, then scores will be consistent just like the CTI (which can also be affected by differing pressures).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
She said mine was a good size. :unsure:🤙

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, thought that's what is was but hadn't heard it called that. I have a set of ramps at the shop to do just that, but not easily adjustable. Inconsistency on an RTI ramp can be because of different tire pressures, or driving closer to the edge of the ramp. If pressures are the same, and keep off the edge of the ramp, then scores will be consistent just like the CTI (which can also be affected by differing pressures).
CTI is always done at 15psi. So unless someone is purposely cheating...

RTI I was able to go down to 8psi and nobody cared. People with beadlocks go as low as they want typically. It would be better if it was more structured, but it can be manipulated pretty easily.

CO_Lazy_Hiker

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Metal Cloak got 480 out of a badlands. Don't have specifics like sasquatch or not and stay bar disconnected etc. but seems like a starting point. Coming from a Jeep JL (although far from stock before I moved to a bronco) my badlands lifts tires much quicker however, still get over the obstacles and a lot more comfortable getting there and back...

Ford Bronco Do we have a Badlands CTI score yet? 1681587839094

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Metal Cloak got 480 out of a badlands. Don't have specifics like sasquatch or not and stay bar disconnected etc. but seems like a starting point. Coming from a Jeep JL (although far from stock before I moved to a bronco) my badlands lifts tires much quicker however, still get over the obstacles and a lot more comfortable getting there and back...
I’m one that wants to keep my Badlands as low as possible with as much travel. I really hope Metalcloak does a comparison with each piece of their suspension pieces.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m one that wants to keep my Badlands as low as possible with as much travel. I really hope Metalcloak does a comparison with each piece of their suspension pieces.
I’ll be doing a CTI score of a Bronco on Kings and Metalcloak trailing arms. Possibly adding a Radflo and Icon in there too.

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco is never going to score well on a CTI trailer. My frankenlift JK with Rockport shocks pulls 860. Tire lift is the norm with the IFS... If your crawling, lockers are a must.