Sponsored

Do we know Signature LED headlights can be retrofitted to BD after sales?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since 4A is not available on BB, I am considering BD instead. However I hate the ugly headlights and grille. I think it has been confirmed you will be able to purchase different grilles.

However do we know if the signature LED headlights ($795 option on BD) will be available at the dealer?
On the Wrangler I have heard you can’t really add the LED front light to a base / sport model because then the always on signature part doesn’t light up.

Those are 2 two only thing I am missing on BD and I would hate to pay much more and have to go Badlands just for that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, that and the High Package.

Let's face it, the BD MGV grey/black seats rock. I am also not a fan of the BL orange accents.

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since 4A is not available on BB, I am considering BD instead. However I hate the ugly headlights and grille. I think it has been confirmed you will be able to purchase different grilles.

However do we know if the signature LED headlights ($795 option on BD) will be available at the dealer?
On the Wrangler I have heard you can’t really add the LED front light to a base / sport model because then the always on signature part doesn’t light up.

Those are 2 two only thing I am missing on BD and I would hate to pay much more and have to go Badlands just for that.
At the SEMA live chat hey make mention of the customization with ford parts. I would imagine they will swap rather easy. If not the aftermarket will be filled with them.

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget the tail lights that are part of the signature lighting.
I'm getting a Base and plan on upgrading the headlights and tail lights along with many other things over time.
If the Jeep market is any indication, there will be a lot of nice options coming out in the aftermarket . I did JWSpeaker LED's on my last Wrangler for less than $800, front and back, and those are on the high end of the price range.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m sure you’ll be able to purchase the lights from parts department at some point, but nobody knows yet how simply they’ll swap. Mounting wise I’m sure it’s exactly the same, wouldn’t make sense to change that, so it just come down to wiring. If you’re good with wiring you can make it work no matter what, so I wouldn’t be worried at all. I’ve rewired plenty of lights to work the way I wanted them to. But I also doubt you’d be asking the question if that was the case. If you just want plug and play then it could be out for you at least for awhile. I’m sure there will be aftermarket companies that make adapters for the folks that want plug and play, I’ve seen that for literally dozens of vehicles with different headlight/drl/turn signal/fog light configurations, so just becomes a matter of time and cost. I’d expect the parts on their own will cost more than the $795 cost to add to other trims though, and if you want it plug and play a harness to do so adds even more cost and may not be available for awhile. So possible? Yes. Worth it? Depends.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is possible to swap the Badlands and Black Diamond headlights you might find someone to trade with... I actually like the Black Diamond headlights better but I'm likely getting the Badlands trim for the offroad capability..

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I recall from other discussions, on other current models, the swap is basically considered impossible due to all the comlexities involved between the two systems. Even the Body Control Module (BCM) gets involved in simply turning on a pair headlights, but it is approached in two different ways on the two different systems.
Then again, given enough time and money ......

And who's to say they aren't designing in some swap-ability, BUT nobody knows yet.
Shit , we can't even sit in one yet, let alone digest the tech manuals.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, that and the High Package.

Let's face it, the BD MGV grey/black seats rock. I am also not a fan of the BL orange accents.
The acesents were a good idea but they chose bad colors. They aren't even that different, the blue from the BD looks pretty similar to the WT. It's like they only thought of using yellow and shades of blue. It seems that you will be able to change out the grab handles and pieces on the air vents but the stitching in the seats is unfortunate just because you can't replace that and because of the colors they chose. At least in some models you can change the Interior with ones with out the accent color.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is possible to swap the Badlands and Black Diamond headlights you might find someone to trade with... I actually like the Black Diamond headlights better but I'm likely getting the Badlands trim for the offroad capability..
Yup, this. I'm definitely looking into swapping my BL headlights for something closer to the base model... will look really clean with a blacked-out grill imo.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only reason I think you will be able to is because the stock lights are suppose to have an amber DRL as well. The truck doesn't care if its white or amber so the same plug and switch should work. Who knows?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This image is everything I’ve been able to find out on the subject:

Ford Bronco Do we know Signature LED headlights can be retrofitted to BD after sales? 07E6E97D-BF06-4D9F-A6F1-6514D824DB49
The base head lights look better IMO. Depending on if I get the BD or BL, I'm changing out either head lights or tail lights. I think amber lights look better on off road rigs IMO.
Sponsored