First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a good laugh out of your nonsense. All previous broncos were 2-doors and the model was discontinued for over 20 years. I think my logic is solid. You can be a "purist" all you want but that doesn't change the facts. 4-doors are outselling 2-doors by more than 2 to 1. If Ford didn't release the 4-door they would have had to either cancel the bronco in a couple of years or invest significantly less in it to make it worth their while
Glad I could oblige and bring some humor and richness to your life.

I am in no way arguing that there isn't viable utility in the 4-door and clearly understand there is demand. If you knew the real statistics I think it is more like a 5:1 ratio rather than a 2:1......but, hey. They launched this whole shit show as a tribute to the original Bronco. Yes, as a purist, it should be a 2-door. Look at the Explorer, Expedition, and Excursion...........they just should have called the three Broncos Baby Bronco, Bronco, and Bronco Wagon and I would be totally fine with it. ;-) Who am I kidding......the Bronco Sport, well, that is just stupid.
Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a good laugh out of your nonsense. All previous broncos were 2-doors and the model was discontinued for over 20 years. I think my logic is solid. You can be a "purist" all you want but that doesn't change the facts. 4-doors are outselling 2-doors by more than 2 to 1. If Ford didn't release the 4-door they would have had to either cancel the bronco in a couple of years or invest significantly less in it to make it worth their while
This would actually be the perfect outcome. Imagine a world where Ford whittles the Bronco to two or three trims and a Raptor and the options are fewer, therefore less restrictive across trims. Incredible day for actual offroading enthusiasts.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I could oblige and bring some humor and richness to your life.

I am in no way arguing that there isn't viable utility in the 4-door and clearly understand there is demand. If you knew the real statistics I think it is more like a 5:1 ratio rather than a 2:1......but, hey. They launched this whole shit show as a tribute to the original Bronco. Yes, as a purist, it should be a 2-door. Look at the Explorer, Expedition, and Excursion...........they just should have called the three Broncos Baby Bronco, Bronco, and Bronco Wagon and I would be totally fine with it. ;-) Who am I kidding......the Bronco Sport, well, that is just stupid.
They didn't launch this as a tribute to the original. They launched it because they saw wrangler yearly sales numbers and wanted a peace of the pie. The design was just to play off of people's nostalgia and they nailed it.
Again, the bronco would have a very short run if they only made it a 2-door. I'm guessing a small percentage of folks that bought a 4-door would've bought the 2-door if that was the only choice but that's a really small percentage. Not enough for this to be worth Ford's investment.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would actually be the perfect outcome. Imagine a world where Ford whittles the Bronco to two or three trims and a Raptor and the options are fewer, therefore less restrictive across trims. Incredible day for actual offroading enthusiasts.
And then it's discontinued a couple of years later because sales numbers are low because if only "actual offroading enthusiasts" bought broncos the sales numbers would be shit

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And then it's discontinued a couple of years later because sales numbers are low because if only "actual offroading enthusiasts" bought broncos the sales numbers would be shit
Buddy my daily driver in the summertime is a motorcycle that was made for less than a full model year so that's a plus to me

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They didn't launch this as a tribute to the original. They launched it because they saw wrangler yearly sales numbers and wanted a peace of the pie. The design was just to play off of people's nostalgia and they nailed it.
Again, the bronco would have a very short run if they only made it a 2-door. I'm guessing a small percentage of folks that bought a 4-door would've bought the 2-door if that was the only choice but that's a really small percentage. Not enough for this to be worth Ford's investment.
Potato, potato.....tomato, tomato........I say "retro inspired," Ford says "heritage inspired"........bottom line it was absolutely a tribute to the original.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...two-door-and-first-ever-four-door-models.html

We'll just never know, but argue all you want to justify your 4-door choice.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buddy my daily driver in the summertime is a motorcycle that was made for less than a full model year so that's a plus to me
I going to guess you're not in the building cars business šŸ¤£

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The JKU is what kept the jeep brand alive. Without the 4 doors the brand would have gone the way of the Dodo bird. Letā€™s be happy with what Ford gave us. Yā€™all have see the Chevy blazer, right?

Iā€™ve got a 78 K5 and an 02 TJ both manual so Iā€™ve still got two door credšŸ¤£

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The JKU is what kept the jeep brand alive. Without the 4 doors the brand would have gone the way of the Dodo bird. Letā€™s be happy with what Ford gave us. Yā€™all have see the Chevy blazer, right?

Iā€™ve got a 78 K5 and an 02 TJ both manual so Iā€™ve still got two door credšŸ¤£
Isn't the take rate for jeep 4 doors now something crazy like 70 or 75%

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. The type who want a 3rd row seat do not want the removable top and all the rattles and NVH that come with it. I know as my wife drove an 8 seat SUV when all of our kids were younger and in multiple sports. We were constantly hauling around an extra 3 or 4 kids to games.

They want something like this:

Ford Bronco Do we need a Bronco with more seats? 61560F89-63C4-4DD1-94D8-CE343C22CFE7

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need more Broncos with less doors. LOL. Yep, had to go there. Actually, what I wish could be a reality is a factory option to have the rear gate open from right to left. Just so happens the lay out of my garage to gain house entry would be a lot easier for unloading if the rear gate opened towards the drivers side. Yeah I realize it would not only be a factory nightmare, but it probably some sort of a safety thing about the door opening into traffic.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anything, Ford needs to scrap the 4 Door.

Who ever heard of a 4 Door Bronco? Thatā€™s an Explorer ainā€™t it? Gots all them cup holders the 4 Door clan always yapping on about too.

Add an extra 4-6 inches of wheelbase to the 2 Door, but all in the storage area and thatā€™s all anyone really needs.

Backseat passengers is a distraction. Tell ā€˜em to take an Uber, or walk; could use the steps to close them ringsā€¦..