Sponsored

Do you come from Jeep and miss the Jeep lifestyle?

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have my Jeep and I really don't like the Jeep lifestyle or community. Speaking for around here anyway they are very cliquey with elitist attitudes. We've tried to participate in several local Jeep events. And it's just like high school. If you aren't in good with the coolest kids you sit at the lunch table by yourself. We never got that warm welcome attitude you always hear about from Jeepers. Complete contrast from the years I spent riding Harleys. No matter where you went, when you came across another rider you pretty much had a new friend. I made many lasting friendships at rallys, rides and poker runs.
Yeah, pretty much the same in Illinois with Jeep groups. Wisconsin Jeeping is much friendlier but still has the cliques...you know the type; If you don't drink heavily and have a 6" lift, gigantic tires and all the other off road crap that makes the Jeep about as unusable as possible for everyday use, well then your considered some kind of low life funewgy, regardless of whether you have more trail experience than the whole clique group combined. It's really fun when you get to winch one of those knuckleheads out with, what they consider, your mall crawler. Unfortunately, that's a type that seems to already be infecting some in the Bronco crowd as well.

Bottom line is that is much more enjoyable to connect with a few like minded enthusiasts and experience the trails and outdoors in that form.
BTW, long time Harley rider and absolutely agree with your perspective about that group being friendly and welcoming no matter where you go. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess Iā€™m just a mean spirited, grumpy ass. Iā€™ve never been one to wave just because Iā€™m driving the same vehicle as someone elseā€¦seems similar to ā€˜attention seeking behaviorā€˜ disorder. (Itā€™s a real thing) Besides, lā€™m usually too busy telling my kids to stop bickering about something while ferrying them back and forth across town for practices, school pickup etc.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone obsessively identifying to a specific make and model of vehicle, any vehicle, is the same person. These are people who cut other people off in traffic because of made up rivalries.

I'd drive a Jeep over a Bronco if they turn around and made something I like better. Post 1990's Jeeps have never really appealed to me styling wise. Safety requirements have turned them in to NASCARs - Just a plastic shell made to look like a car - all cars are going this direction but some do it better than others.

My other vehicle is a 2020 GMC Canyon. Which for that year I like a lot better than the Ranger or Tacoma. The 2023 Canyon looks like ass, so I won't be getting a new one - and I like the new look of the 2023 Ranger. (I don't plan on giving up the Canyon any time soon due to the diesel and I think the style has longevity.)

I'd love a single cab short box F-150, but you can only get one with a long box, low trim, low engine combo....
Sponsored