Sponsored

Do you come from Jeep and miss the Jeep lifestyle?

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own both a Jeep and my Bronco. But wondering if any of you traded in your Jeep and miss the Jeep community? Seems there's always so much going on with Jeeps from gatherings to all kinds of other events no matter where you live. And then the little things that makes the kids happy like getting ducked and the Jeep wave.

I just got my Bronco a week ago. So obviously since it's pretty rare there's not a whole lot of stuff going on like mentioned above that ive seen. But I wonder if it will eventually build to the same level? Now I know there's Bronco events like the Bronco Super celebration. But those are far away and few and far in between.

I have yet to hit the trails as well. How's it out on the trails with other off roaders and Jeepers with the Bronco? They like it? hate it? love it? Not that it matters I'm just curious how it is where you live?
I don't understand why you can't do both. Jeep, Bronco, Toyota, etc.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The idea of a community around owning a certain vehicle is stupid imo. It’s the off roaring community. Or should be at least. Anyone who’d want to be associated with me because of what I drive sounds like a dumbass.
Well, from one old guy to another, I respectfully disagree. I have lunch every Thursday with my rock buggy buddies, and we travel all over together. I have friends who have street rods, and they hang out and have lunch, go to events, and there are good friends made from that community. Harley motorcycles is another great example of a community producing friendships and travel and good times. While I had Jeeps when younger, later in life when I got back into it I bought an XJ, and we developed a very extensive community. Many of my closest friends came out of our XJ community. We now boat together and do trips together, even though many don't drive XJ's anymore. But, we're still good friends and do a lot of activities even though it now centers around our friendships and not the XJ's.

There are low rider communities, Mustang communities, Land Cruiser communities, and I could go on. All producing good friendships and activities and travel. I'm looking forward to meeting more people with Broncos. Not looking forward to all the whiny snowflake SOB's that seem to be around this platform, but I can stay clear of them. :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own both a Jeep and my Bronco. But wondering if any of you traded in your Jeep and miss the Jeep community? Seems there's always so much going on with Jeeps from gatherings to all kinds of other events no matter where you live. And then the little things that makes the kids happy like getting ducked and the Jeep wave.

I just got my Bronco a week ago. So obviously since it's pretty rare there's not a whole lot of stuff going on like mentioned above that ive seen. But I wonder if it will eventually build to the same level? Now I know there's Bronco events like the Bronco Super celebration. But those are far away and few and far in between.

I have yet to hit the trails as well. How's it out on the trails with other off roaders and Jeepers with the Bronco? They like it? hate it? love it? Not that it matters I'm just curious how it is where you live?

At our monthly 4x4 club meeting two weeks ago, there were 3 with Broncos. A week later I had mine. I immediately put the word out for a trail run on Sat (just over 200 miles on mine) and we had 4 Broncos and 4 Jeeps. The Broncos fit right in. It really is mostly a 4x4 community (well, except for Suburus :LOL:). Of course, in the meetings we give each other crap, XJ's, Toyota's, etc, but it's all fun. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell my XJ. Will be a hard decision. I'll still hang out and travel with my group of friends who drive or used to drive XJ's.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand why you can't do both. Jeep, Bronco, Toyota, etc.
You can. I never said you couldn't. I plan on doing both. I own both. I was just curious how the Bronco has been doing out in the wild. I just got mine and haven't spent alot of time with it out yet.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Miss it? Not really. I wasn’t in long enough to care so no big deal really. That said, I still like Jeeps. Some of their owners can be complete dicks but other can be super friendly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still have my Jeep and I really don't like the Jeep lifestyle or community. Speaking for around here anyway they are very cliquey with elitist attitudes. We've tried to participate in several local Jeep events. And it's just like high school. If you aren't in good with the coolest kids you sit at the lunch table by yourself. We never got that warm welcome attitude you always hear about from Jeepers. Complete contrast from the years I spent riding Harleys. No matter where you went, when you came across another rider you pretty much had a new friend. I made many lasting friendships at rallys, rides and poker runs.
Same here. I sold my Harley a year ago and gave up riding for multiple reasons. I do miss it and that community. Riding just got way too dangerous with all the dip shits out on the road texting and driving drunk and straight up just not paying attention.

Honestly though I'm getting back into off roading for me and my kids and to spend time together. Something to enjoy as a family. I'm not really too concerned about other people really. As far as gatherings go it's just one more thing to maybe take them too for something to do.

Like for example they have a Jeep day at a pumpkin patch/ Corn maze in October. It's cool to take the Jeep to and the kids too and enjoy the day and look at other Jeeps. I'd like to see stuff like this pop up for the Bronco as well. That's all. đź‘Ť

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The idea of a community around owning a certain vehicle is stupid imo. It’s the off roaring community. Or should be at least. Anyone who’d want to be associated with me because of what I drive sounds like a dumbass.
On the other hand ...
When I used to offroad with my classic Bronco, my co-pilot was a Jeeper .... even he would mention how different the two groups were.
The Jeep crowd just didn't show well at our offroad parks.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, but I've learned to just take each smaller group or person as they are when I meet them. There are assholes and cool folks in every "lifestyle".
.... well except maybe the Corvette clubs ... jeezus what a bunch of pretentious pricks, with damn few exceptions.
I have known two folks that sold off their Vettes after seeing how their fellow Vette owners acted towards others.

Isn't that a bitch?
Guys waited decades until they could afford a Vette and "join the club" , only to find the other club members are so distasteful it forever taints the vehicle they are associated with.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Drove the TJ yesterday and sold it today. Always hated the ducks and the waves and never felt like those things were necessary. As far as going off road, the people you wheeled with in the jeep should still wheel with you in the Bronco and if they don't, they're pretty shallow no?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Generally, people who actually use their vehicles tend to be accepting of other capable vehicles, whether it's on the track, strip, or trail. Mall crawlers may not give you the time of day, but people won't mind sharing the trail with you.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

honestly around here it's an offroad thing, not a jeep thing. yes, there are mostly jeeps but that is to be expected for cost, functionality, and availability.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, from one old guy to another, I respectfully disagree. I have lunch every Thursday with my rock buggy buddies, and we travel all over together. I have friends who have street rods, and they hang out and have lunch, go to events, and there are good friends made from that community. Harley motorcycles is another great example of a community producing friendships and travel and good times. While I had Jeeps when younger, later in life when I got back into it I bought an XJ, and we developed a very extensive community. Many of my closest friends came out of our XJ community. We now boat together and do trips together, even though many don't drive XJ's anymore. But, we're still good friends and do a lot of activities even though it now centers around our friendships and not the XJ's.

There are low rider communities, Mustang communities, Land Cruiser communities, and I could go on. All producing good friendships and activities and travel. I'm looking forward to meeting more people with Broncos. Not looking forward to all the whiny snowflake SOB's that seem to be around this platform, but I can stay clear of them. :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yep, this community is a different world from NAXJA :sneaky:
Glad you're still around. I began to wonder if you jumped off. Congrats on getting your Bronco (y)

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the reasons I bought my Bronco (and my previous Jeeps, Raptors, and other 4x4s) was to get AWAY from people... not to get sucked into doing things with more of them!!!

Yes. I've become that "get off my lawn!" guy.... lol

Last edited:

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think any asshat behind a wheel, regardless of what they drive, can suck it. I don’t have my bronco yet but I’ve witnessed two Jeeps cut off broncos to try to show them up. I’ve seen one bronco driver do it to a lifted jeep. The car doesn’t make you immune to being a dickhead.
Agreed the Jeeps around here seem to be almost hostile towards the Bronco.

It’s so weird.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's see... Last time I owned a jeep, 1984. Sold it in 1984. Nope have not missed the jeep thingy at all.

Oh, have owned my '77 Bronco since 1989.

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I miss the group of people I use to wheel with up in New England. Though if I was there still they wouldn’t care if I was rocking a bronco or not. It’s about wheeling, not what you wheel with. Jeeps just happen to be the best at North East rock crawling. Now down in Florida the Jeep vibe is flashy street queens on 20”+ rims. Not my vibe. But as far as missing the “Jeep community”, not so much. The online community is toxic. 2 door vs 4 door, TJ vs CJ vs JK vs JL is a bunch of BS! And a lot are pretty damn pretentious when it comes to their “team”.
Sponsored