First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One thing the wait has done is allowed me to pay off my 17 Raptor . . . so nothing will be leaving.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mitsubishi Lancer gets moved from the garage to the driveway, Bronco goes in the garage, if it fits.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ā€˜18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spent last weekend at the Ford Nats In Carlisle and probably 6hrs total under the Ford performance tent. Just listening to people talk about their reservations, current vehicles, etc. Even got to take the doors off a new Bronco my highlight for the weekend. The take away was most people I observed where >35 yrs old up to 70ish who had a 1st or 2nd gen Bronco. But again it was a Ford show. Did meet a Chevy guy and wife who came just to see the Bronco then head home.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess to clarify my question. Does Ford think they are stealing Jeep would be buyers and who are they? I donā€™t think the buyers are Jeep ā€œwould have beensā€ but rather Ford brand loyalist. As a previous Jeep owner (thank my wife I was kicking and screaming the whole time)would I have not ordered two Broncos? I donā€™t think being a prior Jeep owner Ford stole me away it was the fact the brand was just that bad with no good 4x4 top down going to OBX,NC options. Not trying to start the Jeep vs Ford here.
Long time Jeep owner (CJs/TJ), but my first car was a beat-up '65 Mustang. Jeep has been there for myself, friends and family, making great memories driving open top/doors removed, on and off-road for decades. So you won't find me complaining about Jeep.

Am I Ford's demographic? I saw two Broncos in person at a preview event. Love what I saw, in my opinion Ford hit a home run. But I don't do reservations. Hey Ford, provide me a vehicle that is for real available, so I can look at and inspect several versions (still haven't seen a 2-door in person), and so I can test drive. If Ford can do that, and I can order and receive a Bronco by next summer if not earlier, then I guess I am Ford's demographic.

If Ford is still dinking around mid-2022, people still having reservations and calling dealers and trying to find out about delivery and all that malarkey, then I'm not Ford's demographic.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold the wife's 2010 Legacy GT, awd, 6spd manual, turbo 4 ....FUN CAR TO DRIVE!!!
She is taking the 2015 Outback, which she likes more.
Temporarily, I'm driving an old Chevy 1 ton, former National Guard truck. It a freaking BEAST!
We call it the Green Monster. Below, you can see it lurking behind a tree, waiting on its next victim.
Once the Bronco gets here, I'll probably sell the truck and buy a nice aluminum utility trailer to haul stuff.
Later, a F250 will join the fleet.
Ford Bronco Do you fit the Ford demographic? 20200809_161408

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a general Ford demographic? Or would it be based on whatever vehicle Ford is selling at that particular moment? Just trying to imagine which Ford commercial I see some version of myself inā€¦ā€¦..definitely not anything where Iā€™d be smiling and laughing while loading groceries into the trunk

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sold the wife's 2010 Legacy GT, awd, 6spd manual, turbo 4 ....FUN CAR TO DRIVE!!!
Temporarily, I'm driving an old Chevy 1 ton, former National Guard truck. It a freaking BEAST!
We call it the Green Monster. Below, you can see it lurking behind a tree, waiting on its next victim.
Once the Bronco gets here, I'll probably sell the truck and buy a nice aluminum utility trailer to haul stuff.
20200809_161408.jpg
What are you working on there with the frame and axles? Modding the track width or caster/pinion angle on the axles?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Do you fit the Ford demographic? 20200809_161408
So tell us more about the frame project?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL at the cow!!! Is drinking another cows milk in the form of ice cream just this side of cannibalism?... šŸ˜ ...
You must understand that cow milk is specically meant to be consumed by...wait for it...COWS! Cannibalism is something altogether different. This is nowhere near "just this side of cannibalism."

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a '85 Ranger I built myself one JY wheel barrow at a time over the last 21 years I have had it.

I daily drive a 2002 F-150 that I bought slightly used in 2005. Currently has 194k miles

Wife has a 2008 Edge she bought in 2012 that currently has 265k on it. It is getting replaced by the Bronco.

If it gains me any points my living room is decorated with Ford decor and has a 289 turned into a lamp in the corner.

BUT I am leaning Ram for my 02's replacement. I haven't driven one yet but I really don't like the newer F-150's. Probably won't be on the market until the Bronco is paid for so they have awhile to change it (but they won't)

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just bought the S/O a Bronco Sport, our first Ford product between us. Iā€™ve owned Subaruā€™s, Toyotaā€™s, and now Mazda products.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont even know what the Ford demographic is. I own an F150, wrangler and the wife has her GC trailhawk. Bronco will be replacing the trailhawk as her DD and weekend trail warrior.

So not sure if a female who who wears high heels during the week but yet wheels her vehicle through sketchy trails/terrain on weekends or when dispersed camping falls within their demographic.

is it stealing a sale away from Jeep, yes it would be in her case. If Jeep had an updated product coming out right now besides the 392 wrangler, wagoneer or 3row grand cherokee, sheā€™d be going after it. Or even the next gen 4runner if it wasnā€™t still 1-2yrs out.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be trading in my 08 WRX with 200K+ miles on it.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering about the Ford demographic, too.

I'm a middle aged white guy who lives in the suburbs but loves the outdoors. Those who know me consider me more a Subaru guy than a Ford guy. The Eyesight Technology class action lawsuit scared me away from Subaru. I had a Civic hatchback that didn't age well, which turned me off of Honda. I had nothing but problems with a Saturn and would never buy another GM. Reports of Wrangler's quality issues scared me away from Jeep. I can't afford the Toyota I want. Nineteen relatively trouble-free years of driving my Escape has made me very loyal to Ford. It's not that Ford is stealing a customer from another brand, the other brands and Ford's quality have made me a Blue Oval fan.
Sponsored