Sponsored

Do you need to upsize spare tire as well?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heavy right foot while driving in/over obstacles is terrible driving skills or maybe they do it for the camera nonetheless, amateurs and hard on equipment.

Too much stupid pedal on that run…
Sponsored

OP
OP

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Besides being funny looking to have the wheels on your car look different than your spare tire, You just need to be concerned about the overall diameter.

Remember the 35-in tires that come on the Bronco are not exactly 35-in. So when you buy larger wheels and in course have to buy new tires, if you compare the actual diameter of your new setup with the spare and they are the same, technically you could use it.

If for some reason the diameter doesn't match (aka like a doughnut) as long as it is put on the back and you do not use lockers, 4x4, or 4A mode, you should be ok long enought to get you to a tire repair shop.
It will be slightly smaller. E.g 34.5 inch vs 34.9 inch.

Does it need to be at the back for that small difference? ( It will be harder to swap 2 tires ,if it happen on front tires)

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it need to be at the back for that small difference? ( It will be harder to swap 2 tires ,if it happen on front tires)
It's not enough to matter in the short term.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m actually thinking of bolting a little spare on the back so I can carry some heavy gas cans on the cheap plastic spare holder and carry a couple wheel adapters to bolt on borrowed spares from Jeeps/toys...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that's one of those back and forth like so many other auto topics.

I believe most owners manuals that come with donut tires state that the donut tire needs to be in the rear. Now is this because of the front wheel drive? Or is it because of your steering needing to be the same diameter?

As far as your dimensions. If your new tires are 34.9, chances are by the time you would need your spare they would be a little worn down so a 34.5 might actually be fine.

Personally, a side of a immediate trail fix, I don't think I would drive around on any spare tire that wasn't basically an exact match for any long period of time. This includes the stock spare tire on the back if it has not been part of a rotation cycle.
Sponsored