Sponsored

Do you think Antimatter Blue should be available?

Do you think Antimatter Blue should be available as a color choice for the Bronco?

• Total voters

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Voted no, mainly because I have a November 29 build date. Wife picked out the color, I like it, and now it'll be a unicorn. I'm good with that...
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it'd be good for the 6th generation Bronco to tank and Ford's creditors to call the margin to get them to make vehicles correctly again.

This is not COVID-19s fault. It played a part as a catalyst for the chain reaction, but for the last couple decades every Ford-sized corporation has been building their mansion of cards on soggy twinkies floating over the Mariana Trench; just-in-time this and six sigma that all to make CEOs wallets fat.

Too big not to fail.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ummm, Iconic Silver was one of the lowest ordered colors for MY21 and they kept it. Many people, including me, want a darker blue option.
..MY stats are from the "2021 Ford Bronco Order stats"...Bronco Bastards...Bronco Off Roadeo...You can even Google it...they have a running total..

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I could not agree with you more! I have been arguing this same topic since they have announced the removal of AMB. I am a HUGE dark blue fan and fell in love with the Bronco when I first saw the AMB on it. It makes no sense to me why they didn't just replace lightning blue with the green and call it a day. This would have made A LOT more people happy. With all the supply issues they have been having, why make the situation even worse.

Now like I have states before, if they HAVE to remove AMB, then offer another dark blue color. Having velocity blue as the only blue option is ridiculous!
What I don't get is that there are 3 un-announced colors that could be sprayed on Bronco (due to MAP facilities).

We already know 1 of the hoppers will be used on the "Splash" Ranger variants which have very low runs of exclusive colors. Likely this will alternate with Bronco limited runs.

So there are 2 paint hoppers still in the mix. I outlined this in the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my22-color-options-thread.21675/

Plus FoMoCo already announced Oily Purple for Mustang (along with Eruption Green), so it's likely Bronco gets that color.

What more could you want? AMB was a horrific color (black 99% of the time, and you already offer black) that wouldn't sell well.

Note: AMB sold like garbage on the Mustang, Bronco was going to be no different. If you occupy a very small minority of people liking a color then that's cool, but at least accept that you're in a small minority with little purchasing power to express your opinion.

Ford Bronco Do you think Antimatter Blue should be available? 2022-mustang-colors-sample-oil-slick-3

Ford Bronco Do you think Antimatter Blue should be available? 2022-mustang-colors-sample-oil-slick-2

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford thinks an oily purple will sell better than AMB, they are sadly mistaken! Bottom line, I think a new poll needs to be created asking if Ford should offer Alto blue in 2023. I think this would be accepted than bringing back AMB.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I started to post here but thought I should refrain from what I was going to say as it would probably lead to my banning so I will just say this........

I think it was a shit move to not even be able to get 21 reservations completed before changing what is available. But I can't change it now. So for me it will be re-ordered as a Shadow Black. My local body shop has a slot held open for when I take delivery it will go immediately there and have AMB laid down. And I don't care what anyone here thinks about it because it is MY Bronco.

I will end it there.

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love Antimatter Blue! I have been dreaming about my new AMB Bronco for over a year now. I do not like any of the colors offered for 2022. I keep hoping for a mirical, that my Bronco may still be scheduled for 2021! I realize that I am probably going to be pushed to 2022. I am very disappointed in Ford's decesion to drop my color on top of the long wait. I wish they would reconsider, and allow all the 2021 orders to be built as ordered! I have no idea what color I will choose when re-ordering. I only know that whatever I choose will lessen the joy and experience of finally getting my first Bronco!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Ford thinks an oily purple will sell better than AMB, they are sadly mistaken! Bottom line, I think a new poll needs to be created asking if Ford should offer Alto blue in 2023. I think this would be accepted than bringing back AMB.
What makes you think Purple Oil Slick Blue won't sell as well or better than AMB?

The Bronco is a refresh of a late 60s/early 70s vehicle. Growing up in that era, I knew a good chunk of neighbors and relatives with purple cars.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They should have done what any reasonable person would have done:

Add Eruption Green to replace Lightning Blue.

Announce that RR and AMB were going away, and no further orders would be allowed for those colors after a given date.

Replace RR and AMB with HPR and whatever the unannounced mystery color is as a late 2022 option.

That's basically what Ford does when they discontinue a color on the Mustang.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What makes you think Purple Oil Slick Blue won't sell as well or better than AMB?
Oh, this is an easy one. Because it's UGLY.

The Bronco is a refresh of a late 60s/early 70s vehicle. Growing up in that era, I knew a good chunk of neighbors and relatives with purple cars.
Appealing to early 70s style? I rest my case.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It appears that Ford has decided to not go on with the color Antimatter Blue. I am requested that they change your mind on that decision, by email and social media.

I am waiting for my vehicle but due to the fact that I want a body colored hard top, and other options, I will not getting the vehicle until sometime in 2023 as I was told. In the color pallet for 2022 there is no darker metallic blue option. Velocity Blue is the only blue listed.

Another color that would be a nice option would be Atlas Blue which is on the color pallet for the Mustang and pickup line. If you look at the pickup line, you will see that both Antimatter Blue and Atlas Blue are options for the trucks, so why can’t Ford keep it as an option for the Bronco?

I asked them to please reconsider.

I am hoping to get my Badlands, Sasquatch package (Lux package) Bronco in Antimatter Blue even if I have to wait till 2023 to receive it due to the options that I want and I will not compromise for anything other than what I want.

Who else would like AntiMatter Blue (AMB) for the color of their vehicle? Let’s show Ford how popular Antimatter Blue is so that they may change their mind on removing the color from the pallet on the Bronco.
You could buy a cactus gray bronco and have it painted AMB that way we have a balance out on the cactus gray / AMB repainting wars

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get black, very close.

drummboy36

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could not agree with you more! I have been arguing this same topic since they have announced the removal of AMB. I am a HUGE dark blue fan and fell in love with the Bronco when I first saw the AMB on it. It makes no sense to me why they didn't just replace lightning blue with the green and call it a day. This would have made A LOT more people happy. With all the supply issues they have been having, why make the situation even worse.

Now like I have states before, if they HAVE to remove AMB, then offer another dark blue color. Having velocity blue as the only blue option is ridiculous!
I have same build, 2dr, lux, tow, 2.7, squatch, mic, mgv, AMB. Don't want anything else!!

drummboy36

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I don't get is that there are 3 un-announced colors that could be sprayed on Bronco (due to MAP facilities).

We already know 1 of the hoppers will be used on the "Splash" Ranger variants which have very low runs of exclusive colors. Likely this will alternate with Bronco limited runs.

So there are 2 paint hoppers still in the mix. I outlined this in the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my22-color-options-thread.21675/

Plus FoMoCo already announced Oily Purple for Mustang (along with Eruption Green), so it's likely Bronco gets that color.

What more could you want? AMB was a horrific color (black 99% of the time, and you already offer black) that wouldn't sell well.

Note: AMB sold like garbage on the Mustang, Bronco was going to be no different. If you occupy a very small minority of people liking a color then that's cool, but at least accept that you're in a small minority with little purchasing power to express your opinion.

Ford Bronco Do you think Antimatter Blue should be available? 2022-mustang-colors-sample-oil-slick-2

more popular than cyber orange, and yet they are still painting it and not AMB!! dumb!!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They should have done what any reasonable person would have done:

Add Eruption Green to replace Lightning Blue.

Announce that RR and AMB were going away, and no further orders would be allowed for those colors after a given date.

Replace RR and AMB with HPR and whatever the unannounced mystery color is as a late 2022 option.

That's basically what Ford does when they discontinue a color on the Mustang.
Ford changed that playbook (Mustang color changes) for MY22 as well. They have a massive color pallet change over from MY21 to MY22 and it wasn't announced until pretty much after you could actually order a Mustang.

Theoretically order banks closed on 10/2 for Mustang (but they really closed MONTHS ahead of that due to constricted supply).

August 10th the MY22 colors were announced:
https://www.steeda.com/2022-mustang-paint-colors-codes

I haven't been able to find build numbers and instead resorted to asking a few friends who work at Ford and have monitored Mustang orders (as their own last-year SHELBY's were going through) and the response for AMB was essentially "nobody's ordering that color".

Which is about on par for that type of divergent color anyway (no offense to anyone, I also tend to like the obscure colors!).

Oil Slick Blue Purple will capture 90% of AMB folks, plus open the door massively to a larger demographic. If you wanted AMB for it's amazing flake (best Ford has ever used!) and macro paint changes, then OSBP will be for you, plus it actually has a color of it's own aside from direct sunlight.
Sponsored