Sponsored

Do you think Ford will honor the pricing hold for those that are pushed to 22 model year?

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read this tidbit from The Detroit Free Press today:

"While commodity price remained stable because of 2020 contracts, Ford is now expecting to see prices on aluminum, steel and precious metals increase by about $2.5 billion, Farley said. "So that's going to hit us as we go through the rest of the year.""

I work in stainless steel and the increases across all steel and aluminum has been extreme along with lots of availability issues. I imagine Ford has the ultimate buying power as far as availability but pricing is increasing significantly for everyone. I am scared that they will have to pass some kind of increases across the board for 22. It's a lot of $ to just absorb. I kind of expected an increase even on 21 model year but if they have fixed pricing contracts that might mitigate some of that.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford already stated that those that have a reservation and are pushed to 2022 that the price will not go up. Didn't you get the email a while back with the updates? Here what they said

• Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford already stated that those that have a reservation and are pushed to 2022 that the price will not go up
That was if their order was in by 3/19 (or early April for top changes), right?

Update, you just edited to clarify.

OP
OP
mtheawesomeone

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford already stated that those that have a reservation and are pushed to 2022 that the price will not go up
Yes, they did state that but raw materials have increased so much I am thinking there is a chance they may have to re-evaluate. It's increasing almost daily at this point.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was if their order was in by 3/19 (or early April for top changes), right?
I believe so or if you had it changed to priority 99. If it is after that expect to pay more

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope so because the dollar is gonna shit the bed.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe so or if you had it changed to priority 99. If it is after that expect to pay more
The price protection on MSRP is for those orders or reservations made before 3/19. If someone made a reservation on 3/20, they do not have the price protection.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, they did state that but raw materials have increased so much I am thinking there is a chance they may have to re-evaluate. It's increasing almost daily at this point.
I doubt they would have made a statement like that without thinking prices would increase. Ford can't afford to lose a ton of reservations as it can hurt them long term. I can def see them making up the cost for those that did not fall within the guidelines they set. Once broncos are out there people will probably pay more

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Do you think Ford will honor the pricing hold for those that are pushed to 22 model year? 1620168197289

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If your reservation it's after 19 March, maybe, maybe not.

They only promised the free headliner if you had ordered by a certain date, but they are still honoring that on new orders.