Sponsored

Do you think Ford will offer different tire options?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really hope I could swap out 32" All Seasons on the OBX with 33" A/Ts (like the one's on the Badlands) from the factory. Although that specific tire for the Badlands is for a 17" rim, not 18". Basically a minor upgrade without regearing or changing height. Would make things a lot easier than selling/buying/remounting after purchase.

Do you think Ford will offer different tire options for minor upgrades, such as above? Not sure if they typically do this for other trucks, or if this is commonplace for Jeep to offer on the Wrangler, and Ford will follow suit.

I suppose it's anyone's guess, but throwing it out there for people's thoughts. Maybe it was covered in some of our Q&A, but dont recall seeing it.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope so. I haven't heard a hard yes or no about it. I know that on a Wrangler you can get AT tires as a no cost option on trims that come with all seasons.

I expect additional tire options via a dealer installed option/Ford Performance.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think if it can be done, it's be at an extra charge at the dealer. basically like buying a second set of wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your dealership probably would.
And the dealership would charge me the difference (plus some mark up) and keep the old ones? I guess thats the most important part, so we dont have to go through the process of selling the tires that came from Ford.

..never done this before, so not sure.

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the dealership would charge me the difference (plus some mark up) and keep the old ones? I guess thats the most important part, so we dont have to go through the process of selling the tires that came from Ford.

..never done this before, so not sure.
Typically, yes. Yours would be considered new take offs and you would be responsible for the difference. A friend of mine did that with 3 brand new F150s before he left the lot with them. I'm planning to swap the 33's to 35's, if I can.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base Bronco reportedly comes with 30" tires. Which is horrible. An alternate tire size option would be great - not holding my breath. One concern of mine when swapping from 30" to 33" tires, is the diff gearing. Not sure about the impact if the stock gears are too tall. Would be great if Ford offered as an option, alternate diff gearing. Will see ...

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is good to know, I'll ask if my Dealer would accomodate this.

I've had two piercings in my BFG KO2's, and they've held up fantastic - it made me a customer for life. I've never had the A/T General Grabbers that come on the BD, and I'd be willing to pay for the difference at least to have them changed out.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base Bronco reportedly comes with 30" tires. Which is horrible. An alternate tire size option would be great - not holding my breath. One concern of mine when swapping from 30" to 33" tires, is the diff gearing. Not sure about the impact if the stock gears are too tall. Would be great if Ford offered as an option, alternate diff gearing. Will see ...
The manual should be fine with the 4.46:1. It looks like the 4.27:1 and 4.46:1 are not available on the base auto.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Already resigned myself to a new set of wheels (Pre-delivery sale on Outer Banks 18” wheels) and a tire upgrade to BFG KO2 33”s, if I can get the advanced 4x4 with the lockers as an option without Sasquatch, it’s a done deal, but, we all know that nothing will be a stand alone option...

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good questions and I believe Granger, where my reservation is with, is offering this process/upgrade. Not sure of the process setup for it yet, but hope to have details from them in the near future. They (Granger) did mention that they would also make all the proper calibration changes as well.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good questions and I believe Granger, where my reservation is with, is offering this process/upgrade. Not sure of the process setup for it yet, but hope to have details from them in the near future. They (Granger) did mention that they would also make all the proper calibration changes as well.
@Granger Ford does seem to be on top of things like this.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spoke to my dealer. They will not charge me the difference, they will charge me the cost of the new tires, and wont give me value for the (new) all seasons tires that came from Ford. I called a few local tire places and they are saying the same thing.
Sponsored