Sponsored

Do you think Ford will offer different tire options?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another tire shop said all season goodyears from the factory are basically worthless, so its not that big of a loss if i cant find anyone to take them. lol. they just installed BFG A/Ts on an Expedition and the owner said to the shop 'just toss the factory all season goodyears, not even worth the space to put in storage'.

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke to my dealer. They will not charge me the difference, they will charge me the cost of the new tires, and wont give me value for the (new) all seasons tires that came from Ford. I called a few local tire places and they are saying the same thing.
They are being poop heads. Go to an NTB or a national chain.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive had many sets of BFG AT KOs and KO2s and I love them. I have them on both my Land Cruisers and my Excursion right now. Daily drivers.

But what I really want for my Bronco is the BFG KM3 mud terrains. They just look awesome, the side tread is perfect. Mud terrain tires have come a LONG, LONG way. Even the KM2s were soft and quiet and you could get really good life out of them. 35k miles with regular rotation.

The KM3s are even better.

Check out that Interactive Garage and swap the tires with the BFG KM3s. I think they make any truck look better and look better than all the other tires.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really hope I could swap out 32" All Seasons on the OBX with 33" A/Ts (like the one's on the Badlands) from the factory.
The OB does not come with all season tires, it comes with AT.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are being poop heads. Go to an NTB or a national chain.
They are used (albeit like new) take-off tires. What chain deals in those kind of tires?

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are used (albeit like new) take-off tires. What chain deals in those kind of tires?
National Tire and Battery used to. Had to have under a certain amount of miles. I want to say under 250 but maybe more like a 100.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke to my dealer. They will not charge me the difference, they will charge me the cost of the new tires, and wont give me value for the (new) all seasons tires that came from Ford. I called a few local tire places and they are saying the same thing.
I've read that Discount Tire will do a swap, might want to see if there's one around.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think at this point the Discount Tire option is your best bet.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry, yes, OBX is A/Ts stock, but not as beefy.

OBX Stock - Bridgestone Dueller A/T RH-S 255/70/18 (32.1") - $170/ea on tirerack (on sale)

Badlands (keep in mind this is for a 17" wheel) - BFG TA KO2 LT285/70/17 (32.7") - $258/ea

Resizing Badlands KO2s to 18", it looks like i need to stepdown from a 285 to 275...LT275/70/18 = 33.2" - $253/ea

Am i thinking about that right?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is already offering a lot of different tires from the factory. Do not expect them to give you more options or give you the tires on a cheaper trim that come with a more expensive trim.

The deal with tires though, is you don't have to keep them. Your dealer will gladly sell you different ones before you drive it off the lot. They aren't going to give them to you, but might even buy your factory tires at a price below what you could probably sell them yourself. Sell them on ebay, craigslist, facebook, etc.

There is no way I'm keeping the 31.6 inch tires on the BD. I'll be putting on the largest tires I can before I drive it home. It remains to be seen what that size will be since we don't know backspace requirements for the different suspensions and factory wheels. I'm hoping to go home on 285/75/17s of my choosing, but we'll see.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is already offering a lot of different tires from the factory. Do not expect them to give you more options or give you the tires on a cheaper trim that come with a more expensive trim.

The deal with tires though, is you don't have to keep them. Your dealer will gladly sell you different ones before you drive it off the lot. They aren't going to give them to you, but might even buy your factory tires at a price below what you could probably sell them yourself.

There is no way I'm keeping the 31.6 inch tires on the BD. I'll be putting on the largest tires I can before I drive it home. It remains to be seen what that size will be since we don't know backspace requirements for the different suspensions and factory wheels. I'm hoping to go home on 285/75/17s of my choosing, but we'll see.
Yeah I think the 285/75s will be pushing it, Im just hoping we can squeeze 285/70s in there.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I think the 285/75s will be pushing it, Im just hoping we can squeeze 285/70s in there.

I know it will be an issue on the BD suspension at full articulation and full lock, I just hope I can run them without rubbing until I can upgrade coilovers with Fox or similar. I will also trim the wheelwells if needed.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Called a bunch of local shops, including National Tire, unfortunately no one wants tires from the factory. No Discount Tire by me...

...guess will have to see what comes from the Factory, or else ill just swap afterwards and sell on ebay.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another tire shop said all season goodyears from the factory are basically worthless, so its not that big of a loss if i cant find anyone to take them. lol. they just installed BFG A/Ts on an Expedition and the owner said to the shop 'just toss the factory all season goodyears, not even worth the space to put in storage'.
That's a lie
They just don't want to buy used tires from you

Which I think is an understandable businesses decision, but they should just tell you the truth
Sponsored