Sponsored

Do you think MT Badlands will end up being late availability?

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all know that MT + Sasquatch is going to be late availability. Right now I am looking at getting a MT Badlands without the Sasquatch package. This seems to get me everything the Sasquatch package has, minus the wheels/tires and maybe a 10mm bump stop.

If my assumption is accurate, it stands to reason that a MT Badlands would also need to be late availability. Otherwise there is no reason they couldn't put those same components together on other trims. Unless they are just trying to discourage sales of Base\MT\Sasquatch. Which if it wasn't late availability is what I would be getting.

If the MT is going to be late availability, then I will just go with the ManBaseSquatch since I'll have to wait either way.
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This makes perfect sense.

cp6789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could be. I am in the same boat of MT Badlands. What is getting my hopes up for on time release is both the Overland 4 door concept and 2 door Trail Rig are both Badlands with MT. That being said, the 2 door has the modular hard top which is late availability so who knows.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are already rolling around with Badlands with MT. I would suspect it has to do with engineering the right gearing or speed calibration. Or that Ford just doesn't want to sell MT with Sas.

Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They’re probably not allowing the mid package with the manual on the Big Bend and Black Diamond to make sure they’ll have enough manual transmissions for the Badlands. They just don’t want to say that. They won’t have enough manual transmission at launch. They’re prioritizing the Badlands at launch.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The manual BL was something noted from the get go. I think the supply chain limits are at the take rate level in addition too the BL. Ford probably negotiated x volume and was set for y capacity and the manual sasq would change those and more than likely result in a higher take rate.

Manufacturers of these components will need ramp up time and with covid that adds another level of complexity. So my bet is they are saying late avail as a quasi my22 as word play.

BL at the higher price point and that trim as close to but not Sasq along with the mid and up only avail in manual will help keep that trim possible. Now if no one waits for mansquatch...yes it will be delayed IMHO.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build is a BL with MT and I have the same question/concern. Only hope is that Ford always planned BL with MT option and never indicated late availability even when they called out late ManSquatch.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't matter too much to me, gives me more time to stockpile parts and have a yuger downpayment

Hopefully they're not too late though

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes sense. It sounds like the MT and Sasquatch is going to be ordered a lot more than Ford anticipated, which means their suppliers bid and planned on making a lower number. Could be delays in all MT applications and possibly Sasquatch builds in general. Mansquatch would be the intersection of both of those possible delays. So I would think that is worst case. Short version is I think there will be a bunch of MT vehicles, favoring the higher profit BL's) released and then a long pause while they get more stock from their suppliers, but I don't think a delay in MT (even the Badlands) will be related to the late availability of the mansquatch.

Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes sense. It sounds like the MT and Sasquatch is going to be ordered a lot more than Ford anticipated, which means their suppliers bid and planned on making a lower number. Could be delays in all MT applications and possibly Sasquatch builds in general. Mansquatch would be the intersection of both of those possible delays. So I would think that is worst case. Short version is I think there will be a bunch of MT vehicles, favoring the higher profit BL's) released and then a long pause while they get more stock from their suppliers, but I don't think a delay in MT (even the Badlands) will be related to the late availability of the mansquatch.
Since the BL is the highest end model that can have a manual, and liekey their money maker too, this makes sense. Probably build as many BL as they can with the manual that doesn't exhaust other commodoties, then start builds of lower end models that want the manual. I'd think you should be ok getting a BL with manual early on, other models will likely be different.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said from the start I think the delay in the manual Sasquatch is 100% marketing to extend and delay the demand of Broncos. They know people will wait for them so Ford gets to stretch production out and keep the demand flowing. Same reason for the white tops.
Sponsored